• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

What is the latest update on Brian Lenihan's health?

borntorum

Genuinely curious - I haven't heard anything in a long time about how he is doing, and with all the furore about Cowen's leadership, surely the health of Lenihan will have a massive influence on how events take their course.

I'm not interested in made-up rumours or Liam Twomey-esque diagnoses from afar - does anyone know what the official word is?

Bobert

He's grand. Was climbing Mount Leinster a while back.

Didimus

Genuinely curious - I haven't heard anything in a long time about how he is doing, and with all the furore about Cowen's leadership, surely the health of Lenihan will have a massive influence on how events take their course.

I'm not interested in made-up rumours or Liam Twomey-esque diagnoses from afar - does anyone know what the official word is?
You're not interested in rumours? You want to get private medical information from a website?
Hope either Lenihan or his doctor are posters here and can respond to your request.
You may have meant to ask if there is any official update on his health or to lament lack of same.

borntorum

You're not interested in rumours? You want to get private medical information from a website?
Hope either Lenihan or his doctor are posters here and can respond to your request.
You may have meant to ask if there is any official update on his health or to lament lack of same.
I didn't mean to ask if there is an official update; I asked if there was an official update. The clue is in this:

does anyone know what the official word is?
:roll:

Didimus

You know quite well that there is no official word. If there had been it would have been on page news.

Last edited:

Iarmhi Gael

You know quite well that there is no official word. If there had been it would have been from page news.
Hello - Wasn't there word last fortnight on it....

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan has completed his cancer treatment and believes there is now no immediate danger to his health.

Minister Lenihan said that while the cancer is still in his system, it has stabilised and his energy levels have increased.

He has also denied being approached by backbenchers who want to remove Brian Cowen from the leadership of Fianna Fáil and the country.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lehihan-says-cancer-treatment-complete-472434.html#ixzz1006xR91z

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/lehihan-says-cancer-treatment-complete-472434.html

Anorakphobia

So end of thread then?
If Brian Lenihan is made Taoiseach (and there seems gathering evidence to sugegst that is what FF are trying to do) the public must be allowed know exactly and not vaguely what he is suffering from and what is the very best medical opinion on his future health.

shannonBlueShirt

If Brian Lenihan is made Taoiseach (and there seems gathering evidence to sugegst that is what FF are trying to do) the public must be allowed know exactly and not vaguely what he is suffering from and what is the very best medical opinion on his future health.
Do you want his medical records release to the public ? or just a statement from Brian Lenihan?

Didimus

Which point of view would merit a thread making that point.
Which this one does not.

ONQ

I'd say inquisitive questions about the man's health is exactly what he is suffering from.

ONQ.

borntorum

Which point of view would merit a thread making that point.
Which this one does not.
What is your problem? You, first off, wrongly accused me of fishing for gossip or innuendo. You then, wrongly, stated that there had been no official word as to Lenihan's condition.

If you want to set up a thread of your own discussing the issues that interest you, go ahead. Otherwise, go away. It's perfectly reasonable to inquire as to the state of health of the Min for Finance and potential next Taoiseach

ffc

Brian Lenihan said in an interview a couple of weeks ago that his cancer has stabilised and no further treatment is planned at present. However, pancreatic cancer is extremely difficuilt to treat and the only sure way of curing it is to remove the tumour. Lenihan has had a course of chemo and radiotherapy which has clearly contained the spread of the cancer but nonot cured it. It is possible by stabilising the tumour to subsequently reduce it to a condition in which surgery is possible. If the surgery was sucessful then the tumour and illness may be completely cured.
This surgery is, however, extemely intrusive, requiring the removal of part of the pancreas and would require extensive convalescence.
I am only speculating but it would appear to me that Brian Lenihan should not consider increasing his responsibilities until he has completely overcome his ill health, which I sincerely hope he does.
Lenihan says cancer has stabilised -News - Ireland.com

Didimus

What is your problem? You, first off, wrongly accused me of fishing for gossip or innuendo. You then, wrongly, stated that there had been no official word as to Lenihan's condition.

If you want to set up a thread of your own discussing the issues that interest you, go ahead. Otherwise, go away. It's perfectly reasonable to inquire as to the state of health of the Min for Finance and potential next Taoiseach
Are you satisfied with the infomation you have been provided with?

slippy wicket

?????

Bridget558

It doesnt sound good about his health. Poor man:-(. I wonder will he step down after the budget ? I saw him in the dail on tv the other day and he didnt look good at all.

Last edited:

Bridget558

I think people are starting to hate mr lenihan now, i think its because most people did believe him last year when he said we had "turned a Corner" and now we are facing 7 billion in cuts. I dont know why anybody believed him remember in the april 09 budget he said things were bad because we voted no to lisbon.

hmmm

I think we're being too precious. In the US, politicians regularly release their medical records and their constituents expect this information. If someone runs for the position of the leader of a country, it is not unreasonable for the electorate to ask whether they are physically capable of doing the job.