That isn't a fair representation.Identifying issues as 'left' or 'right' is part of our problem right now. For some reason unknown to me, right-wingers have decided that action on climate change is 'left' and that denial is 'right' and act accordingly. Of course the mountains of research on global warming are neither left nor right but simply fact.
Society will democratically decide what is a living wage.But you should be able to determine what you believe is a living wage? And you should be free to seek it elsewhere if any prospective employer, or the government don't have the same view as you about what "living wage" you want should be.
'Lazy and feckless incompetents' will not receive any of society's benefits - but the reality is that 'lazy and feckless incompetents' are a manifestation of the alienation from society generated by the exploitation of capitalism.So how does your system deal with lazy and feckless incompetents and how does it reward really brilliant workers?
In the latter case, those who work harder and smarter and are way more productive. (Assumes said productivity is in the general interest of society).
And proving a point - most people really do care about their fellow human beings - it is the nature of society, the dog-eat-dog world of capitalism that inhibits their ability to work in the interests of other people.Apart from making waves (marxist views) and former wesleyan (psychopath), everyone else seems to be a national socialist.
That's settled then.
Society will democratically decide what is a living wage.
In capitalist society the 'market' dictates wages with a constant class struggle between employer (with the active support of the state) and worker over working conditions and wage rates.
In a democratically planned socialised economy - where no one has a vested interested in financially screwing another human being - wage rates will be democratically determined based on need and not profit.
At a certain point in time society will evolve so that 'wages' (or more specifically 'currency') will no longer be a component of society.
Left-wing = opposition to capitalist exploitation and support for a society where human beings work on the basis of mutual respect and cooperation.The problem with this is that everyone is bringing their own personal priors on what "Left wing" and "Right wing" means. You really need to clarify that before you state your views.
Trainwreck cannot get out of the 'right-wing capitalist money trumps all' mindset.This doesn't even make any sense. Did you even finish school?
OK, so you didn't finish school.Left-wing = opposition to capitalist exploitation and support for a society where human beings work on the basis of mutual respect and cooperation.
Right-wing = support for the exploitative nature of capitalism and a disregard for people who stand in your way.
The majority of people just want a normal life, caring for their family and contributing to society - unfortunately capitalism (and the right-wingers) inhibit their ability to do this.
It makes a lot of sense. It's happening even now to an extent. A lot of people are going cashless and are using cedit to pay for things: i.e notional, non existent money based on the promise to repay in a future date.This doesn't even make any sense. Did you even finish school?
There is more than enough wealth in the world to provide every single human being with a home, a job, free healthcare, education, transport, communications etc., enough food on the table, leisure time and all the other things that make life worth living. The problem is that most of the wealth is concentrated in the hands of 1% of the population who exploit the remaining 99% of the population for financial gain.You are still skirting the question.
Neither you, nor I know what "society would decide". But let's say, society decide a "living wage" is €5 per hour.
What do you say then? Answer my question. Would you want the personal freedom to be able to search around to find an employer willing to pay you more than that?
I have been fighting for it for more than 35 years - and will continue to do so for another 35 years if I live that long.OK, so you didn't finish school.
Print this out, frame it and take another look at it in 30 years. Trust me you will laugh out loud.
Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence and enjoy it to the full.
For a lot of people who were ripped off by banks it was indeed notional, but people are also using credit for day to day living. In effect they are rolling over debt as are countries. The bottom line is that there is more money now then there is currency, by a huge extent and this is growing.Ah, here. Is your mortgage 'notional'?