What Lenny & His Media Pals Don't Want Us to Know About a Default

onlyasking

Just as we can't touch our blameless, selfless elite because, as Lenny said in the Dail last week, they would simply leave the state rather than pay more tax to help us fix their mess, we can't avoid making the sick, the young, the old and the unemployed feel savage pain to bail out international bondholders.

Two mantras, accepted without question by our corrupt media/political axis: no extra pain for the very rich, and no standing up to the bondholders, not that we've had any thanks for our servility.

Perhaps we should all read the following, and spread the word.

Please note: this is not just a rehash of the list of bondholders, but a deeper look at the unimaginably vast assets which would cushion them if we defaulted.

Golem XIV - Thoughts: Who are the bond holders we are bailing out?

As for Golem himself, here's some background.

Debt Generation

justme1

Fantastic post,thanks.

slippy wicket

Very interesting, but terrifying.
Why should the people of this country be raped by the economic terrorists of the bond markets. :(

slippy wicket

Because we need them to pay next year´s bills !!
But a blogger i only heard of half an hour ago says that what we owe them is only back pocket money to them.
Maybe we should just blame our debts on identity thieves, its likely as good an idea as any that lenny comes up with.;)

PUFF DADDY

Well this and guido's lists over the last while, have been mainly ignored by mainstream media, but I for one have been hammering them with this info, which I suspect will be ignored again.

D

Deleted member 17573

They took a risk
So if we default they´ll forget all about it and lend us more money? Tell you what, toddle into your bank manager in the morning, tell him you´re not going to repay your mortgage but you want a loan to buy a holiday home, and see what he says to you - when he´s finished laughing!

darkhorse

Two mantras, accepted without question by our corrupt media/political axis: no extra pain for the very rich, and no standing up to the bondholders, not that we've had any thanks for our servility.
Only two mantras?
What about the third one.....
No standing up to the PS / Trade Unions

dresden8

So if we default they´ll forget all about it and lend us more money? Tell you what, toddle into your bank manager in the morning, tell him you´re not going to repay your mortgage but you want a loan to buy a holiday home, and see what he says to you - when he´s finished laughing!
I'll say this very slowly

It was not our ************************************g mortgage in the first place.

Biffo and Lenny decided that we were to pay it back to protect gamblers who gambled and lost.

Jesus H ************************************g Christ are you thick?

Goldencircle

The bank managers are already laughing at us thanks to Brave Brian.
And lol 'We', its not my debt or have you not FFigured that one out yet ?

D

Deleted member 17573

It was not our ************************************g mortgage in the first place.

Biffo and Lenny decided that we were to pay it back to protect gamblers who gambled and lost.

No - but you are if you think we can 1) function without a banking system, 2) having issued a guarantee to keep the system intact now just withdraw it and 3) disassociate ourselves from the actions of our elected representatives.

Goldencircle

We could have done just fine without Anglo. Or have you not FFigured that one out either ?

D

Deleted member 17573

The bank managers are already laughing at us thanks to Brave Brian.
And lol 'We', its not my debt or have you not FFigured that one out yet ?
Can you not understand that a guarantee issued by a democratically elected government is binding on the citizens? There is no them and us - it´s all us

dresden8

No - but you are if you think we can 1) function without a banking system, 2) having issued a guarantee to keep the system intact now just withdraw it and 3) disassociate ourselves from the actions of our elected representatives.
1). It was not necessary to destroy the country to maintain the banking system. Several other options were available. You prefer to hero worship our two idiots in charge.

2). Yes, Lenny and Biffo have successfully nailed the whole country permanently for this debt. Well done lads.

3). I wholly disassociate myself from those two ************************************g morons and the piles of ************************e FF supporters who have destroyed this country. ************************************g scum.

PUFF DADDY

+1

D

Deleted member 17573

We could have done just fine without Anglo. Or have you not FFigured that one out either ?
Can you not refrain from making idiotic comments - of course we could do very nicely without Anglo but at the time the guarantee was issued we didn´t know if excluding Anglo would not collapse the entire system. The issue was the degree of entanglement of all the financial institutions.

New Threads

Most Replies