• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

What Lessons Have You Learned From Life?

General Urko

Ladz, I'm just rushing out in a few minutes to ED Park to watch Galway Utd., so I cannot give you a huge list just @ the mo.

But some of the lessons, I have most definitely learned and they are mostly negative include -

There is no link between how hard you work and how much you get paid.

There is no real consequence for being a bully in any walk of life really, people just seem to keep their heads down and hope to avoid the koontz, mind you those that cause problems, usually cause them for a lot of people and some have a knack for coming out of any amount of trouble they cause, looking like angels to others.

Good looking people (though good looking is in the eye of the beholder to an extent) and those who have contacts get much further in life than their talents would indicate that they should!

The people who became the millionaires whom I went to school with were not academically the best!

Women have a supersonic sense of smell relative to men and I think all men should be told this, it could save many relationships.

I have learned that people will lie their holes off and pluck stats out of those same holes to try and influence others. TORLERS and the anti sex worker campaign being a classic example.

People have an incredible capacity to be self deluded, e.g. most Irish people consider themselves Middle Class!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately some people may be due to coming from abused backgrounds have more respect for people who treat them like shyte than people who treat them with respect.

Children can be very nasty people it's as if they have all their parents' prejudices and their pwn and by and large they hate difference!

Ordinary English People are fundamentally very decent folk!

I would love to hear your list!

amist4

White dog sh1t ain't coming back.

Calculusmadeeasy

Trust no one.

eoghanacht

That though I'm poor I'm a white European male with a woman who loves me and two healthy, smart children. I'm a carer for my partially blind widowed mother, I'm not soliciting sympathy, I'm also a stay at home father or two boys.

The youngest, ahem, unplanned is 2, I've since had the snip, so my day is spent minding people at either end of the life spectrum.

I'm lucky.

My advice, if you ask is people, people make it worthwhile.

Socratus O' Pericles

W.C. Fields is a poor role model.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Don't let the B******d's grind you down, but if they do, make sure the snuff is toxic and fatal! :cool:

blokesbloke

Because they no longer get enough calcium because people don't give them bones anymore. Fact!
I thought it was because modern dog food contained so many preservatives the poop never goes "off"!

Seanie Lemass

I thought it was because modern dog food contained so many preservatives the poop never goes "off"!

I prefer the bone explanation!

Dog poo does off quicker now, when they had more calcium the poo was preserved for longer ....

Jesus. why do I know so much about stuff like this ... :(

ShoutingIsLeadership

Here's a lesson...don't waste your time going to watch Galway, when Bray are coming to town! Come on, the Seagulls!

GDPR

Ladz, I'm just rushing out in a few minutes to ED Park to watch Galway Utd., so I cannot give you a huge list just @ the mo.

But some of the lessons, I have most definitely learned and they are mostly negative include -

There is no real consequence for being a bully in any walk of life really, people just seem to keep their heads down and hope to avoid the koontz, mind you those that cause problems, usually cause them for a lot of people and some have a knack for coming out of any amount of trouble they cause, looking like angels to others.

Good looking people (though good looking is in the eye of the beholder to an extent) and those who have contacts get much further in life than their talents would indicate that they should!

The people who became the millionaires whom I went to school with were not academically the best!

Women have a supersonic sense of smell relative to men and I think all men should be told this, it could save many relationships.

I have learned that people will lie their holes off and pluck stats out of those same holes to try and influence others. TORLERS and the anti sex worker campaign being a classic example.

People have an incredible capacity to be self deluded, e.g. most Irish people consider themselves Middle Class!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately some people may be due to coming from abused backgrounds have more respect for people who treat them like shyte than people who treat them with respect.

Children can be very nasty people it's as if they have all their parents' prejudices and their pwn and by and large they hate difference!

In my experience.

There is no link between how hard you work and how much you get paid. Wrong.

There is no real consequence for being a bully in any walk of life really, people just seem to keep their heads down and hope to avoid the koontz, mind you those that cause problems, usually cause them for a lot of people and some have a knack for coming out of any amount of trouble they cause, looking like angels to others. Wrong.

Good looking people (though good looking is in the eye of the beholder to an extent) and those who have contacts get much further in life than their talents would indicate that they should! Can't speak to this as I'm talented as well as good looking.

The people who became the millionaires whom I went to school with were not academically the best! But they were the brightest.

Women have a supersonic sense of smell relative to men and I think all men should be told this, it could save many relationships. Bollox

I have learned that people will lie their holes off and pluck stats out of those same holes to try and influence others. True, see P.ie for the proof of that.

People have an incredible capacity to be self deluded, e.g. most Irish people consider themselves Middle Class!:rolleyes: Also true, but a huge advantage to those of us who don't.

Unfortunately some people may be due to coming from abused backgrounds have more respect for people who treat them like shyte than people who treat them with respect. Not true.

Children can be very nasty people it's as if they have all their parents' prejudices and their pwn and by and large they hate difference! Can be but very largely are not.

Ordinary English People are fundamentally very decent folk! True.

My lesson; Stay positive, you'll be the best you can be and you're only beaten when you stop trying.

ShoutingIsLeadership

That though I'm poor I'm a white European male with a woman who loves me and two healthy, smart children. I'm a carer for my partially blind widowed mother, I'm not soliciting sympathy, I'm also a stay at home father or two boys.

The youngest, ahem, unplanned is 2, I've since had the snip, so my day is spent minding people at either end of the life spectrum.

I'm lucky.

My advice, if you ask is people, people make it worthwhile.
Partially blind? Please tell me that her name is Annette

Emily Davison

Ok Urkok the smell thing made me laugh.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies