What next for the pro-life movement or have the pro-choicers scored an own goal?

GDPR

What indications?
Lack of Garda at the polls and the large discrepancy between the result and the polls before hand for two things. I have heard about others but there probably will not be links to these issues for a couple of days.

johnnypockets

Lack of Garda at the polls and the large discrepancy between the result and the polls before hand for two things. I have heard about others but there probably will not be links to these issues for a couple of days.
Were the yes side not always ahead?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
So you've made the assertion but have no evidence whatsoever, resorting instead to promises of evidence to materialise at some point in the future.

Have you ever considered a career in the law.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There was a headless nun voting at one stage. That was impressive.

GDPR

Having ignored most of the debate on this subject; I would like to raise the following points after reading the new amendment that "provision may be made by law for the regulation of termination of pregnancy".

This legalese does not appear to confer any right to terminate pregnancy.

All it does is allow the Oireachtas to legislate to permit abortions to occur.

So, if a pro-life government comes to office could they pass a law to regulate termination of pregnancy by outlawing it completely?petunia

If so. maybe the pro-choicers scored a massive own goal?
The bottom line is that Liberal Consumerism is the main religion in Ireland today. Liberalism Consumerism has no past and no future - only today's consumption. The Pro Life Movement had a glorious victory in 1983, but they didn't even begin to understand the enemy they were up against. Instead of creating a really Pro Life Ireland, they just congratulated themselves on a job well done and more or less just went home. Meanwhile the criminal Régime that forced tens of thousands of young women into infanticide remained in place - as murderous as ever.

So, unless the Pro Life Movement gets serious about being Pro Life, then we will be up to British figures for slaughtered children in no time.

GDPR

So you've made the assertion but have no evidence whatsoever, resorting instead to promises of evidence to materialise at some point in the future.

Have you ever considered a career in the law.
I said indications Lumpy, I hope it is true but it may well not be as I also have said.

Karloff

Having ignored most of the debate on this subject; I would like to raise the following points after reading the new amendment that "provision may be made by law for the regulation of termination of pregnancy".

This legalese does not appear to confer any right to terminate pregnancy.

All it does is allow the Oireachtas to legislate to permit abortions to occur.

So, if a pro-life government comes to office could they pass a law to regulate termination of pregnancy by outlawing it completely?petunia

If so. maybe the pro-choicers scored a massive own goal?
They could outlaw it for four years till the next government comes along yes. An own goal no.

The Constitution which is above them all, above all our elites guaranteed rights for the unborn in a way none of them could mess with, not the Supreme Court not the Government not Soros or the EU or the UN or Google, Facebook or the Irish Times. It was a beautiful thing, possibly one of the best things this country could boast of - it was (even if you leave abortion aside) also a statement of sovereignty of the people and what we have also done is surrendered sovereignty to our elites, a transfer of sovereignty took place that is gone forever. Some see that as good, they trust those we elect more than i would.

Accidental sock

Do you accept that I can eat my dinner off my bed and fall asleep on my kitchen table?
You've pretty much summarised my entire college experience.

GDPR

The bottom line is that Liberal Consumerism is the main religion in Ireland today. Liberalism Consumerism has no past and no future - only today's consumption. The Pro Life Movement had a glorious victory in 1983, but they didn't even begin to understand the enemy they were up against. Instead of creating a really Pro Life Ireland, they just congratulated themselves on a job well done and more or less just went home. Meanwhile the criminal Régime that forced tens of thousands of young women into infanticide remained in place - as murderous as ever.

So, unless the Pro Life Movement gets serious about being Pro Life, then we will be up to British figures for slaughtered children in no time.
The whole attitude to time is one of the things I find most disturbing about it. Not only the past but the future also doesn't really exist in their consciousness in any real sense.

Socratus O' Pericles

Its bill the prod making up shíte again...the OP'er is one of the greater spotted loons I've come across, on the whole, entire Internet. Could stringjack not step in and cut this ************************e out ...stick it in the zoo if anyone wants to read the dribblings of these narcissists?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I recall the Fianna Fail parliamentary party on the steps of Leinster House holding anti-choice signs.

I think Mickey Martin and the FF whips may need to make some changes among the parliamentary party.

GDPR

They could outlaw it for four years till the next government comes along yes. An own goal no.

The Constitution which is above them all, above all our elites guaranteed rights for the unborn in a way none of them could mess with, not the Supreme Court not the Government not Soros or the EU or the UN or Google, Facebook or the Irish Times. It was a beautiful thing, possibly one of the best things this country could boast of.
Why would they do that after a massive mandate from the people to legalise abortion?

GDPR

I said indications Lumpy, I hope it is true but it may well not be as I also have said.
I've been taking down posters today, and it struck me when I took down a poster saying that 90% of children with Down Syndrome are aborted in Britain that this was really a poster for the Yes side. So many of today's scum who pass for being Irish men will look at that statistic and say to themselves - That should be us!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom