• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

What now for Ivor Callely?

An Bradán Feasa

Website
sewerjacques.blogspot.com
So Ivor lost his seat for the first time since he got elected in 1989. What now for Ivor Callely? Does he plan to stay in public life, will he run for the council in 2009? Will he get appointed to the Seanad or is that unlikely because his relationship with Bertie is in tatters? Or will he just do us all a favour and announce his retirement like Michael McDowell?

Analyse.

Johnny baby

Home Decorating? Paint Jobs?!

In a way, it shows you cant buy elections - he spent an exceptionally large amount on getting elected - newspapers, banners, sure it goes on and on...

BeanMachine

I reckon he will end up in the Seanad. There are not that many FF TD's who lost out this time around and he must be in with a shout. With over 7,000 first preferences in this election, he must be a sure bet to be running with Haughy jr. next time around.

As for getting into the home decorating, I don't think he would earn enough money at that. I hear he knows somebody that will decorate a whole house for next to nothing !!

tellis1

I reckon he will end up in the Seanad. There are not that many FF TD's who lost out this time around and he must be in with a shout. With over 7,000 first preferences in this election, he must be a sure bet to be running with Haughy jr. next time around.

As for getting into the home decorating, I don't think he would earn enough money at that. I hear he knows somebody that will decorate a whole house for next to nothing !!
He has no chance of a seat in the seanad.......... this is a waiting house for coming back into the fold after losing a seat..... ie Mary O Rourke. There will be plenty of lost FF seats next time out, and the Govt appointees anyway will not be appointed by an FF leader. Ivor is a dead duck politically, in fact he is a pariah now in leinster house. He would be better off to start learning to cut hair and help out his missus.

An Gilladaker

He has no chance of a seat in the seanad.......... this is a waiting house for coming back into the fold after losing a seat..... ie Mary O Rourke. There will be plenty of lost FF seats next time out, and the Govt appointees anyway will not be appointed by an FF leader. Ivor is a dead duck politically, in fact he is a pariah now in leinster house. He would be better off to start learning to cut hair and help out his missus.
Dont think cutting hair around west Cork would be very profitable

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies