What opposition party TD (s) should, ideally, be writing for The Sunday Independent?

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
Willie O'Dea writes for The Sunday Independent.

I read a column by Olwyn Enright in the paper a few years ago that was very good. I would go with her so representing the Fine Gael tradition.

On the Labour side I am not so sure. Perhaps Jan O'Sullivan.

Pauli

None of them. It is an in-house FF rag, almost devoid of any redeeming feature, characterised mainly by Smartlad McBallsy's property-related drivel. A publication which should only be seen within the confines of a parrots cage with O'Dea's column facing upwards.

Tomas Mor

None of them. It is an in-house FF rag, almost devoid of any redeeming feature, characterised mainly by Smartlad McBallsy's property-related drivel. A publication which should only be seen within the confines of a parrots cage with O'Dea's column facing upwards.

Agreed, leave it to Harris,OConnor,Larkin,Corcoran and O'Dea. Opposition TDs would only give it a facade of impartiality

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
Is Willie O'Dea still writing for it? And they still don't have a FG and/or LP TD writing for it? I have stopped buying it on account of the editor publishing a despicable anti-Irish speaker letter as "Letter of the Week" recently.

Rocky

Is Willie O'Dea still writing for it? And they still don't have a FG and/or LP TD writing for it? I have stopped buying it on account of the editor publishing a despicable anti-Irish speaker letter as "Letter of the Week" recently.
He is and every single article will simply be why the government is crap. It's an absolute joke. If Willie was someone with a record outside politics or someone who had great articles that weren't simply rants against the other side, then fair enough, but neither is the case.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies