What Politicians Post on p.ie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDroit

Can people post the names and monikers of politicians and likely candidates who post on p.ie. I'd love to know if we're actually engaging with policy makers are just spinning in the ether. I know there are councillors on here but are there any TDs, politicos or aspirants? If you are one, does p.ie make any impact on your activities, do you seek to implement policy ideas found here? Also, the press obviously keep their eye on p.ie but do you know any journalists who post here? I suppose I'm trying to gauge how much p.ie has penetrated into the political sphere.

Goldencircle

Best of luck to Tonic in the upcoming selections, you can do it buddy.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Can people post the names and monikers of politicians and likely candidates who post on p.ie. I'd love to know if we're actually engaging with policy makers are just spinning in the ether. I know there are councillors on here but are there any TDs, politicos or aspirants? If you are one, does p.ie make any impact on your activities, do you seek to implement policy ideas found here? Also, the press obviously keep their eye on p.ie but do you know any journalists who post here? I suppose I'm trying to gauge how much p.ie has penetrated into the political sphere.
It's penetrated quite deeply.. but you aren't going to get too many elected politicians who admit that they post here. For many reasons, most of all confidentiality, and because if they make it clear who they are, they tend to get a lot of abuse from people who don't support them.

Dan Boyle was a contributor to P.ie, long before he hit the tweetosphere, but he got dogs abuse, especially from certain members of YFG, so stopped posting, at least under his original username.

Current MEP Neasa Childers was also a contributor, and still pops in from time to time.

The problem is the same as elected politicians have with any strand of the media. They cannot debate freely because people will abuse them, or abuse what they may say in a debate.. for insance, if a TD posted here that they were open to debating the legalisation or de-criminalisation of cannibas, it wouldn't be long before some newspaper would print

"TD X in cannibas shocker" etc

So, while they no doubt look in here constantly, they rarely post here openly.

All the news media use it.

When I announced I was organising a protest in Cashel against Bertie Ahern, it was picked up by both local and national media, who followed the story for a few weeks, and then decided to get involved the week before the visit was due to take place.

I also think that posters like Pat Slatt are actually involved in political parties, who fly kites here about different things, to guage responses of people

beanie

Not mad about a thread on outing people.
<<Thread locked>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies