What should, and can, the Republic change to make itself more attractive in the event of a Border Poll?

publicrealm

People who disagree with you are asshats? QED.

Do you begin to perceive why some of us wouldn't want a UI:)

ON THE ONE ROAD

you are a black and tan left over that defends englands position in this country. is that it? Did the IRA miss your granda.

Last edited:

General Urko

Does the average British Person (on the mainland) have a better life than the average Irish Person in The Republic? I suspect they do, but it would go to a penalty shootout!
Does the average person in Nordieland have a better life than the average person in The Republic today, probably not as the dole and state OAP is better down South!

Strawberry

Another poster from the Republic calls you an asshat, and you think that's an argument against a united Ireland? Yeah, asshattery at its finest.

ON THE ONE ROAD

Does the average British Person (on the mainland) have a better life than the average Irish Person in The Republic? I suspect they do, but it would go to a penalty shootout!
Does the average person in Nordieland have a better life than The Average person in The Republic today, probably not as the dole and state OAP is better!
the average person doesn't live on social welfare north/south or in britain. But for those that do in britain it is getting tough for them.

We may replicate their behavior in time if it hasn't started all ready.

MichaelR

is there a secularist branch in unionism that can be won over? seem to be more conservative christian democrats to a cold observation.
Sounds like a certain part of Fine Gael?

A united ireland would be there house as much as anyones. let them speak for themselves and see where the balance is.
Well that's why I put this in the N.I. section. even though strictly speaking the thread is about the Republic. I heard a couple of them hang out here.

hollandia

What do you mean by "total secularism?" if it means compelling Catholics to allow their children to fall into the clutches of Prod teachers, GET LOST.
That's precisely what I mean. And atheist teachers and Muslim teachers and Hindus and Jews. Perhaps you'll emigrate.

hollandia

Is the Republic of Ireland not the utopia Nationalists proclaim it to be? Shocked I am. Shocked.
You'd be hard pushed to find anyone describing it as a utopia. But since you're trolling, you can be ignored.

publicrealm

you are a black and tan left over that defends englands position in this country. is that it? Did the IRA miss your granda.
petunia

Thanks for making my point.

We should want more people with your attitude - and their baseball bats?

CastleRay

You Nats are such lovely people it's a wonder why everyone doesn't want a state run by people like you :roll:

hollandia

You Nats are such lovely people it's a wonder why everyone doesn't want a state run by people like you :roll:
And the state ran by you lot was a roaring success :rolleyes: . We want a brand spanking new shiny modern state. 1930's throwbacks will have no veto on the shape of that country.

farnaby

Free Sky Sports packages ought to do it.

Clanrickard

How about complete root and branch reform and total secularism. It would have the added bonus of making it more attractive to many of the people who already live there. :D
This is exactly the opposite of what the fundies in the DUP want.

hollandia

This is exactly the opposite of what the fundies in the DUP want.
And? Most DUP voters are voting for the union rather than for their christian values. And, most unionists are secularists already. Next.

Strawberry

And? Most DUP voters are voting for the union rather than for their christian values. And, most unionists are secularists already. Next.
Not to mention that Catholics will reach an electoral majority in the north within the next decade. But no, we have to design the whole country round pandering to a small group of fundies in the DUP, who would be impossible to please anyway no matter what we did. :roll:

eoghanacht

Yet again hbap, you demonstrate how little you know about the North.
If it's not verbatim from Mount St he has to fall back on old preconceived notions about Modor as the blue blood wing of FG like to refer to Ulster.........There, be dragons.

hollandia

Not to mention that Catholics will reach an electoral majority in the north within the next decade. But no, we have to design the whole country round pandering to a small group of fundies in the DUP, who would be impossible to please anyway no matter what we did. :roll:
Well it's p.ie. I refer you to my previous comment regarding wingnuts.

eoghanacht

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies