What should be done about IS returnees /tourist terrorists ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
This is a problem for every country, what to do about people who go off to fight for IS, when they want to return ?

Also what of the more general question of people going off to fight in any war ? So for example say fighting against IS ?

Obviously different responses are merited on individual circumstances but this is my rough take:

The only way of dealing with British Islamic State fighters is to kill them in almost every case, minister says

My take:
If someone goes off to fight for IS or a similarly morally depraved outfit:

Do whatever works to see if such volunteers can get snuffed abroad
Failing that gather evidence of their deeds and:
We need new legislation here that allows folks to be detained and tried for terrorism abroad

If someone goes off to fight a just war

That should certainly be allowed, with the State doing nothing to push the person either way (to go stay at home or go fighting)

cyp

between the bridges

Send them to Cork...

Happycamping

This is a problem for every country, what to do about people who go off to fight for IS, when they want to return ?

Also what of the more general question of people going off to fight in any war ? So for example say fighting against IS ?

Obviously different responses are merited on individual circumstances but this is my rough take:

The only way of dealing with British Islamic State fighters is to kill them in almost every case, minister says

My take:

We need new legislation here that allows folks to be detained and tried for terrorism abroad

That should certainly be allowed, with the State doing nothing to push the person either way (to go stay at home or go fighting)

cyp
What's a just war? Who decides?

PC Principle

My take:

cyp
They just need jobs and hugs.

It's easy man.

Failing that, house them all in leafy D'fer where the 'liberals' can integrate them with their daughters.

I include all euro based jihadis in this no matter what EU country 'they are from'.

And perhaps Merc could invite them out for weekly drinks in the George.

Would be a roaring trade surely.

randomwalk

I'm sure there are some cases where turning your back to them may not be completely fair. Didn't that 'White Widow' woman have a 12 year old kid she brought over and raised to be an ISIS fighter? If a kid in such a case were to want to come back, I do not think it would be entirely fair to have him killed off, as the situation was largely beyond his control.

But such cases are probably very rare.

PC Principle

I'm sure there are some cases where turning your back to them may not be completely fair. Didn't that 'White Widow' woman have a 12 year old kid she brought over and raised to be an ISIS fighter? If a kid in such a case were to want to come back, I do not think it would be entirely fair to have him killed off, as the situation was largely beyond his control.

But such cases are probably very rare.
Out of all the bigger more obvious issues that are actually relevant you choose to post that clap-trap.

I'm starting to see why Europe is packing the continent with jihadi scum.

Cucks.

gleeful

This is not a new issue. Syria is this generations Spanish Civil War. What was done with fanatics who returned from fighting is Spain in the 1930s?

Most just melted back into society and never caused problems. Some became nobel prize wining writers. Time will tell.

randomwalk

Out of all the bigger more obvious issues that are actually relevant you choose to post that clap-trap.

I'm starting to see why Europe is packing the continent with jihadi scum.

Cucks.
Do you not think a distinction needs to be made between individuals who choose to go to fight for ISIS by choice, and any potential kids who are forced into a fighting role by their parents?

Politics matters

Many if not all of the thirty or so "Irish" Jihadis that have joined ISIS in Libya, Syria and Iraq would have not been born here.

Our government should revoke their citizenship.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

PC Principle

Do you not think a distinction needs to be made between individuals who choose to go to fight for ISIS by choice, and any potential kids who are forced into a fighting role by their parents?
Is that even a 'thing'?

Give examples of such.

Politics matters

This is not a new issue. Syria is this generations Spanish Civil War. What was done with fanatics who returned from fighting is Spain in the 1930s?

Most just melted back into society and never caused problems. Some became nobel prize wining writers. Time will tell.
Not really, the people fighting for or against Franco were native citizens of Europe.

What we have in Europe today is non indigenous citizens, who don't consider themselves European fighting for the enemy.

Hopefully they do get killed but those who change their minds and decide that raping and pillaging isn't for them should have the door shut behind them.

randomwalk

Is that even a 'thing'?

Give examples of such.
The 'White Widow' who was reportedly killed recently, was believed to be killed with her 12 year old kid, who she brought to Syria to be an ISIS fighter.

I never said this was common, I said it was rare and an exception. But it is something that has happened and may happen again and again, and I believe would require a different approach.

edwin

My take:

cyp
Surely the Irish Army could do with the expertise of people with actual combat experience? Let's sign them up and get the benefit of their talents!

gleeful

Not really, the people fighting for or against Franco were native citizens of Europe.

What we have in Europe today is non indigenous citizens, who don't consider themselves European fighting for the enemy.

Hopefully they do get killed but those who change their minds and decide that raping and pillaging isn't for them should have the door shut behind them.
Why is that difference important.

New Threads

Most Replies