What size will the budget adjustment be ?

What size will the budget adjustment be ?

• €5 billion

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • €6 billion

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • €7 billion

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • €8 billion

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • €9 billion

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

spidermom

I voted 5...rather in hope than anticipation!

The thoughts of 3 more budgets the same is what is freaking me out, not so much this one!
God almighty...where are they going to find it??

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Between 4.5/5 billion. And even at that, the cuts will be so deep that the budget will not get through the Dail, because FF politicians will walk away from it. This will precipitate a GE, which will put FG/Lab into power. They will them implement a broadly similar budget, and FF will spend four years lambasting them for destroying the economy.

johnnypockets

Between 4.5/5 billion. And even at that, the cuts will be so deep that the budget will not get through the Dail, because FF politicians will walk away from it. This will precipitate a GE, which will put FG/Lab into power. They will them implement a broadly similar budget, and FF will spend four years lambasting them for destroying the economy.
Will four years be short enough that people won't forget who really did the damage or will the electorate yet again not learn from past mistakes?

johnnypockets

That's what I'm afraid of and it seems, FF will be counting on. What's the answer then. How can the cycle ever be broken?

Cassandra Syndrome

I went for €8 Billion. I think the gun is to the head and the have a number of scenarios to work with which will be decided by November's crucial Exchequer returns. Noonan said €7 Billion to take the edge off the shock.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
I won't bother voting, its €15 billion

The polls worst case scenario is off by fully 6 billion. :eek:

spidermom

It seems that in response to your OP Cyp...Ollie Rehn will tell us when he comes first week in November!!

Newsy

hanafin talking earlier that we are half-way there!!!!

14 billion taken out of the Irish economy over the last two years.......

'sur what's another 15, eh, mary!!!!

CookieMonster

they'll wuss out, it will be small

danger here

I went for 6 but if I was a Machevallian I would cut 15 billion asap rather than cutting 2 billion and allowing for the probable risk that 15 becomes 20 billion+,it's catch 22 for the government but ultimately they won't be the ones taking the flak in 1 or 2 years time,it will be the gillies in FG and Labour who cosied up to FF instead of doing the truely partiotic thing and telling them to clean up their own mess.

Cassandra Syndrome

THey say 6, but I'm sticking to my 8 prediction especially after JCT's comments today and then the SIF and Exchequer returns statement in early December.

grafter1

I voted for 8bn although i think it will be 7.5Bn (1.5Bn taxes, 6Bn cuts)

The EU want 50% of the correction in 2011

grafter1

hanafin talking earlier that we are half-way there!!!!

14 billion taken out of the Irish economy over the last two years.......

'sur what's another 15, eh, mary!!!!
How shes allowed get away with these statements is beyond me. She should be reminded that the budget deficit has INCREASED since these corrections began

Squire Allworthy

It will be in the region of 7-8 billion. I went 7 probably should have went lower as this government is likely to try to paper over the cracks a while longer.

Will the budget pass? All depends on the Independents. Probably just; 60%- 40% realm. Country facing crisis and I am thinking will the budget get through and how long will the government last. Little wonder the markets have no confidence.

There needs to be a general election. Need government with a workable majority and renewed mandate.

New Threads

Most Replies