• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

What the Hell is Going on in Oberstown?

greengoose2

Following up from the rooftop skirmish we now have a new phase in that establishment. Offering bribes of toasted sandwiches to calm down the violent thugs!

A young offender involved in two violent armed robberies was offered a toasted sandwich to end a stand-off at Oberstown detention centre.

We can expect deathly silence from Minister Zappone over this new stunt!

These yobs are criminals and should be dealt with by real experienced prison officers and not social workers!

Staff then advised management at Oberstown to call the garda public order unit, but this request was refused, according to sources.
The young thug and two other youths are currently serving time for two violent robberies in the Midlands.

In one robbery, a shopkeeper in his 70s was taken to hospital after receiving a savage beating.
Hours later, the same three youths stabbed a taxi driver, also in his 70s, before making off with a small sum of cash.
Management didn't want the gardaí involved. Trump hysteria seems to trump this sort od foul news!

Seanie Lemass

They need hugs.

Ironic thing in my experience is that many of these scum are pampered brats. Incapable of withstanding any sort of hardship.

comes of never having worked, never having to get up early, never having played sport or endured any sort of physical discomfort.

Well known that they all break and inform on their "mates" after a couple of slaps or a few hours locked up without food and drugs.

an Toimíneach

Following up from the rooftop skirmish we now have a new phase in that establishment. Offering bribes of toasted sandwiches to calm down the violent thugs!

A young offender involved in two violent armed robberies was offered a toasted sandwich to end a stand-off at Oberstown detention centre.

These yobs are criminals and should be dealt with by real experienced prison officers and not social workers!
Why should experience prison officers bother?
Rapist

popular1

They need hugs.

Ironic thing in my experience is that many of these scum are pampered brats. Incapable of withstanding any sort of hardship.

comes of never having worked, never having to get up early, never having played sport or endured any sort of physical discomfort.

Well known that they all break and inform on their "mates" after a couple of slaps or a few hours locked up without food and drugs.
Just take the internet and facebook from them and they be beggibg for mercy

Roberto Jordan

They need hugs.

Quite so.

Little princelings brought up by doting mothers.....could keep going but veering toward Daily Mail territory and dangerous supposition

Watcher2

Management didn't want the gardaí involved. Trump hysteria seems to trump this sort od foul news!
He he, a toasted sandwich calmed him down. I know they are lovely but this is comical.

The sooner the authorities are allowed strong arm these scumbags the better. This mamby, pamby, softly softly approach obviously doesn't work. Our courts and prison systems are broken.

PBP voter

From one extreme to the other.

We used to have places like Daingean which were a disgrace and now we have Oberstown which is practically a holiday home for these scumbags.

Hitchcock

They need hugs.

Another thoughtful, insightful and balanced analysis from your Seanie....:roll:

Felixness

They should taser the scumbags then put them in solitary confinement for a few weeks.

Hitchcock

Prester Jim

I worked there briefly (glad to get out, very odd experience) and I don't remember there being any prison guards at all, there were just the teachers in the education unit and the social care workers in the residences. Could well have just forgotten though.
My instinct says throw the book at them from the story but I met some seriously damaged kids in there that could well be saved from a hellish life with great effort. It is difficult to know what the plan is and what kind of complex relationships there are at work here. It is easy for snappy news stories to make the workers look silly.
Very tough job indeed, makes it far harder when there are people outside slagging them off.

Seanie Lemass

Another thoughtful, insightful and balanced analysis from your Seanie....:roll:

Happens to be true but naifs like yourself delude yourself that these creatures are basically decent at heart.

Usually survives until you have actual real life engagement with them.

I doubt you have any contact with these scum, which is good for you. Many people would envy you.

greengoose2

I worked there briefly (glad to get out, very odd experience) and I don't remember there being any prison guards at all, there were just the teachers in the education unit and the social care workers in the residences. Could well have just forgotten though.
My instinct says throw the book at them from the story but I met some seriously damaged kids in there that could well be saved from a hellish life with great effort. It is difficult to know what the plan is and what kind of complex relationships there are at work here. It is easy for snappy news stories to make the workers look silly.
Very tough job indeed, makes it far harder when there are people outside slagging them off.
The workers do not look silly!The authorities do, along with the Minister, who seems to be in hiding!

Hitchcock

Happens to be true but naifs like yourself delude yourself that these creatures are basically decent at heart.

Usually survives until you have actual real life engagement with them.

I doubt you have any contact with these scum, which is good for you. Many people would envy you.
Another elegant response...just as well they're not Black or you'd really go to town on them!

Firstly it maybe 'true' in your opinion, but as we've discussed many time on many issues your opinion is not always right, secondly I made no comment on them so I'm not sure how you can characterise my position as 'creatures are basically decent at heart'.....although 'creatures', what a lovely turn of phrase you have.

I know one ex and two current members of staff in the institution so I'm quite familiar with the background stories of some of the young people, I prefer that term to the dehumanising terms you choose to use in order to hurl the generalised abuse you're engaging in.

Spanner Island

If things are so bad that a toasted sandwich and a call to his girlfriend is enough to end a protest then things may actually be going right at Oberstown... as in a tough regime.

They may need to tighten up internal security though... to prevent gobsh!tes like him from being able to mount any protest in the first place.

Fractional Reserve

ash plant between the shoulder blades

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies