• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

What the Hell is Going on in Oberstown?

Seanie Lemass

so you are accusing me of being racist now :)

There is no such thing as "young people". There are young people who live near me who work, go to to school and college, and are decent. 90%. Then there are scum who sell drugs and prey on the people who live near them.

I fail to see how they all belong to the same category.

Major advocates of dealing with these creatures properly are people who are unfortunate enough to live near them.

Major advocates for pampering them are legal profession and middle class liberals who know as much about them as the wildlife of the Serengeti.

Fractional Reserve

There is no such thing as "young people". There are young people who live near me who work, go to to school and college, and are decent. 90%. Then there are scum who sell drugs and prey on the people who live near them.

Major advocates of dealing with these creatures properly are people who are unfortunate enough to live near them.

Major advocates for pampering them are legal profession and middle class liberals who know as much about them as the wildlife of the Serengeti.
Dont mind Hitchcock doodle doo he's/she's hilariously funny , nobody take any heed of his /her posts

Hitchcock

I've reported you for accusing me of being a racist.

You will of course present evidence of this accusation?
I'll look forward to the moderates response on that one. I wonder how often you've reported the boys and girls over at 'invasion' central for their 'racism' and bigotry.

You will of course present evidence of this accusation?
If I accused you of racism, I'd be happy to provide evidence. As I didn't there is no need, but if the ineffectual moderators of this site do wish to engage me on your views on people of colour notably those in the United States, I'll be happy to direct them to the posts and threads, does that answer your question?

Hitchcock

I've dealt with that precious.

There is no such thing as "young people".
My apologies, they must be a figment of my imagination. :roll:

There are young people who live near me who work, go to to school and college, and are decent. 90%. Then there are scum who sell drugs and prey on the people who live near them.
There are many young people who engage in such socially unacceptable activities indeed some of them go to work and college and school too, but maybe you don't notice those ones.

They belong in the same category but unfortunately life throws more sh!t at some than it does at others resulting in the production of 'scum' as you so elegantly put it. I know from our previous discussions (on African Americans) that you deny or at least play down the impact of social and economic inequality on people, you place more emphasis on family breakdown which is of course often linked to social inequalities.

Which is why we thankfully don't allow that happen. 'Properly' is of course a subjective word and your version of 'properly' will do nothing to deal with issues of anti social behaviour.

Nothing like a strawman to knock down is there? :roll: Who argues for 'pampering'? What constitutes pampering? So if doesn't involve a baseball bat wielding vigilante like yourself, it's pampering?

I'm not sure who the 'legal profession and middle class liberals' I don't count my self as a member of either group. I'm from quite a socially deprived area as are many of my friends and family, so I have quite a bit of experience of the problems who speak off.

Hitchcock

Roll_On

Happens to be true but naifs like yourself delude yourself that these creatures are basically decent at heart.

Usually survives until you have actual real life engagement with them.

I doubt you have any contact with these scum, which is good for you. Many people would envy you.
Come now, there aren't many youths from monkstown avenue in Oberstown. You know perfectly well that a large % of this behavior comes from people's circumstances not simply being an inherently bad person. The question is, how can we change our society to prevent such people being created and how can we deal with them when they are.

greengoose2

Come now, there aren't many youths from monkstown avenue in Oberstown. You know perfectly well that a large % of this behavior comes from people's circumstances not simply being an inherently bad person. The question is, how can we change our society to prevent such people being created and how can we deal with them when they are.
I take it you haven't enjoyed the benefits of the burglarizing, pugilistic or other criminal expertise of these people.

Hitchcock

I take it you haven't enjoyed the benefits of the burglarizing, pugilistic or other criminal expertise of these people.
How does that response deal with the question posed?

Roll_On

And what if I were? it's fairly irrelevant if I had personal experience of it or not. The fact remains that these people exist because we allow children to be reared in extremely damaging environments in this country. When you see two roaring junkies taking turns pushing a pram around, you can't really be surprised if the pram contains a future violent offender.

greengoose2

And what if I were? it's fairly irrelevant if I had personal experience of it or not. The fact remains that these people exist because we allow children to be reared in extremely damaging environments in this country. When you see two roaring junkies taking turns pushing a pram around, you can't really be surprised if the pram contains a future violent offender.
Who is "we", paleface. And what if you were? I would imagine your perspective might be a tad different, that's what.

Hitchcock

Roll_On

Who is "we", paleface. And what if you were? I would imagine your perspective might be a tad different, that's what.
Indeed it might, I might seek revenge against such a person, instead of seeking justice. The former is a very easy mindset to slip into but ultimately it isn't constructive.

Roll_On

And to think some gobsh1tes see this as evidence of some sort of societal calamity :lol:
Well it is a societal calamity. If this person could have had a normal upbringing and developed the character required to deal with life's challenges, he wouldn't be in oberstown, would he. We need to stop turning our backs on children in this country.

Kommunist

They need hugs.

Ironic thing in my experience is that many of these scum are pampered brats. Incapable of withstanding any sort of hardship.

comes of never having worked, never having to get up early, never having played sport or endured any sort of physical discomfort.

Well known that they all break and inform on their "mates" after a couple of slaps or a few hours locked up without food and drugs.
lol

what planet do you live on ? poverty breeds crime at dramatically higher rates than affluence

fking dope

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies