What was the best Music event you were ever at?

darkhorse

Its a tough one - because I was at many great music events over the years
The most recent one was Paul Carrack at the Olympia back in October - great show

Looking forward now to the NCH New Years Eve concert which has seen many great names over the years
This years its Charles Castronovo - well worth going to if you get the chance
https://www.nch.ie/Online/RTENSO-New-Years-Eve-31Dec17

So what was your greatest music event?

Mushroom

Elton John and Ray Cooper at the National Stadium, back in 1979.

EJ QUOTE: "When are you Irish going to get yourselves a decent venue for pop concerts instead of this kip?"

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Elton John and Ray Cooper at the National Stadium, back in 1979.

EJ QUOTE: "When are you Irish going to get yourselves a decent venue for pop concerts instead of this kip?"
And did 50,000 Irish voices roar back 'As soon as there's a big enough brown envelope from a developer'?

The Rahenyite

U2 in the 3 Arena in November 2015. Amazing gig and my first time seeing them, Paul McCartney in 2009 in the same arena was the best gig I was at until U2.

between the bridges

The 12th...

bagel

The summer of 1977, a Sunday concert in Dalymount Park. Started approx 2pm and finished about an hour after dark. Lindisfarne, Radiators From Space, Boomtown Rats, etc and the headline act was Thin Lizzy. The Rats made a killing selling tee shirts and a 12 inch single. It was the launch of the Bad Reputation LP by Lizzy and they opened with Soldier of Fortune. The pyrotechnics for the opening song were absolutely amazing for that era and nothing has impressed me as much since.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies