What will an FG minister for justice do?

Digout

Seeing as the current government is now on life support, its time to start thinking about the future. I'd like to know if FG will do anything different re: corrupt politicans, dodgy bankers and other various things that FF have turned a blind eye to over the last 12 years.

Ulster-Lad

Seeing as the current government is now on life support, its time to start thinking about the future. I'd like to know if FG will do anything different re: corrupt politicans, dodgy bankers and other various things that FF have turned a blind eye to over the last 12 years.
And immigration issues?

corelli

Given that it will most likely be a coalition government involving FG, I would not be so sure that Rabbit, for instance, would not get the Justice portfolio.

Digout

I'd like to see an pledge by FG stating that wrong doers will be punished severely.

jayblue

Sure it will be Michael McDowell, so everything FF stopped him from doing he will just do, like cafe bars

Digout

Will FG go after the criminals that brought this country to its knees are by voting for FG are we just replacing FF with FF-Lite ?

adamirer

Yup, in a coalition, if FG get finance and taoiseach, expect labour to want health and justice for their big two or three Ministers

Digout

Any FG people care to comment about their plans on how to deal with white collar criminals?

Informer

String em up and flog em.

Fine Gael, and justice would not sit well with me. Their support of the surveillance bill is testement to that.

dmc444

DIGOUT i think i may have found a job for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDN59C3ehg&feature=related]YouTube - The Awful Truth - Corporate Cops[/ame]

Barry

Website
politicalpapers.proboards85.com

Ulster-Lad

An issue to whom?

Its certainly not on most people's priority lists.
Sure it is not an issue, no one is complaining about it. :rolleyes:

Digout

Why have FG not stated that the law will be used to deal with the people who have destroyed the country? Have they something to hide also?

asset test

Digout, I agree with you, but maybe it's a question of slowly slowly catchee monkey.

They cannot hang draw and quarter the corrupt folk yet, they are not in power. But maybe they could give an indication that this might happen? But then again, maybe there are a few too many skeletons in their own cupboard.

The longer FG keep their powder dry on such issues means the electorate will think they are all the feckin same. Shame, but maybe FG and others are pacing themselves.

Digout

If FG are serious about change in this country they need to state what they are going to do about the criminals who have robbed this country of billions.

Barry

Website
politicalpapers.proboards85.com
Sure it is not an issue, no one is complaining about it. :rolleyes:
The only people complaining are a bunch of internet nuts like yourself. All in your head laddy.

Its not on the radar.

Or can you prove otherwise? :eek:

White Horse

First thing they should do is arrest Bertie Ahern and lock him up in the cell next to John Gilligan.

Rocky

If FG are serious about change in this country they need to state what they are going to do about the criminals who have robbed this country of billions.
Ireland's main problem in this area is that although we have a lot of company law, the standards are set far too high and it is very difficult to break them and for that reason although many companies and mainly the banks have managed their company very badly, they have not broken the law. Anglo-Irish might be an exception, but I doubt it. Generally in Capitalism those Companies would just go to the wall and that would be that and that would be punishment, but it's not that simple with Banks for obvious reasons, so we do need stricter regulation and lower minimum standards. Do I believe FG will do that? Yes and that is what is needed to be done.

However you cannot convict people for offences that weren't crimes yet and if FG were to come out tomorrow with no basis and state that they would lock all the bankers up, it would be very irresponsible and completely contrary to the rule of law. It would definitely be an easy answer and easy to say and probably win FG votes, but easy answers and easy arguments got Ireland into this mess and they won't get Ireland out of it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies