• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

What Would A New Party Need To Espouse To Get Your No.1 Vote In The Next Election?

R3volution_R3ady

Fairly simple question.

A lot of people are hooked into voting for the same party year in-year out. What would a new party need to espouse for you to change your voting choices? Is there a possibility of you changing your voting ways at all? Would you trust a new party if one emerged?

Personally, I'd vote for fiscal competence. A balanced book. With leeway on social issues and a party that portrayed skepticism towards the E.U.

What issues would decide if you'd give a first preference to a new party over the Establishment status quo? A majority of this site rile against the fact that we don't have many options. But do you think there is an appetite for it in the general population?

Someone fiscally conservative and socially liberal but to be perfectly honest anyone who'd stand up to the Public Sector Unions.

wilting

A pro - electoral reform socially and economically liberal party, with a pro - democracy position on integration.

Ryan Tubbs

Another new party thread??

I've asked many times, but I'll ask again: exactly what sort of party do people want to see emerging? The general tone seems to be that a certain section want to see a centre/right pro-business party emerge, essentially to do what FG did in opposition before they hooked up with the dreaded Labour.

What would the policies of such a party be? More cuts than the Government are already making?

Ribeye

I wan Obamafone,

:)

greybadger

Fairly simple question.

A lot of people are hooked into voting for the same party year in-year out. What would a new party need to espouse for you to change your voting choices? Is there a possibility of you changing your voting ways at all? Would you trust a new party if one emerged?

Personally, I'd vote for fiscal competence. A balanced book. With leeway on social issues and a party that portrayed skepticism towards the E.U.

What issues would decide if you'd give a first preference to a new party over the Establishment status quo? A majority of this site rile against the fact that we don't have many options. But do you think there is an appetite for it in the general population?
For a start a complete clampdown on bogus asylum seekers and refugees. A complete review of where our social welfare payments go. Look after our old and genuinely sick and poor people. Tell our friends in Europe that they are going to look after Ireland first, and always. Bring in legislation that allows for career criminals to be put away until they die or prove they have given up crime (if we haven't already got this legislation). That as a start would be a deciding factor for me. I'll leave the bankers and corrupt politicians and developers to be included with the criminal issue. I feel better now.

Clanrickard

Cut taxes.

theloner

A party with a backbone that will stand up internationally and stop pandering and promoting Ireland as pathetic, mealy mouthed apologist.

Ribeye

This country is in desperate need of a Libetarian party,

Not even so that they could get elected, but just to try to educate people and explain why we are in the mess we are in,

And to illustrate how Demagoguery works, and point out that it is endemic in Ireland,

You may commence your insults:)

Yes yes, Paulbot, Nutcase etc etc...

pragmaticapproach

Fairly simple question.

Something along the lines of an Irish UKIP. They would have to advocate completely withdrawing from the EU not wishy washy "Euro-skepticism". They would have to be fiscally conservative, socially liberal, but opposed to leftist social engineering schemes such as "equality legislation" mass immigration and enforced multiculturalism. I wouldnt be expecting perfection, but they would have to be about making dramatic reductions in the size of the state, reducing taxes and regulations substantially, and devolving more powers to local government.

luvmycountry

Accountability!
And a promise to jail those found to be involved in corruption and white color crime.

lying eyes

Honest politicians who will not lie to achieve power. Is there any few Irish men/women to be found, that could achieve that?

Sensible Head

Just Honesty would do me for a start.

opinions

FG&FF to become one party and get rid of those fuking lefties like labour who always get to be in government and are allowed to punch way above their weight, like the invention of the Croke Park agreement and other tax torching schemes to keep their bearded brothern and their union friends happy by making sure they are protected and have their pockets always full or they will threaten to pull the plug otherwise. And Labour wonders why they have completely lost most of their support. GILMORE FOR THEACiCH what a joke!! Sorry for the spelling.

ScreeOrTalus

Something along the lines of an Irish UKIP. They would have to advocate completely withdrawing from the EU not wishy washy "Euro-skepticism". They would have to be fiscally conservative, socially liberal, but opposed to leftist social engineering schemes such as "equality legislation" mass immigration and enforced multiculturalism. I wouldnt be expecting perfection, but they would have to be about making dramatic reductions in the size of the state, reducing taxes and regulations substantially, and devolving more powers to local government.
That would be better than anything we have now.

Any new party that wanted Ireland to remain in the EU would be a non-starter AFAIC.

EDIT: Obviously they would have to get rid of the State agencies/"quangos".

cytex

A party i would like to vote would be .

1. anti EU
2. Put the welfare of the country first before even the politicians.
3. stand up for ireland on the international stage.

The do these three things and they will have my vote .

R3volution_R3ady

This country is in desperate need of a Libetarian party,

Not even so that they could get elected, but just to try to educate people and explain why we are in the mess we are in,

And to illustrate how Demagoguery works, and point out that it is endemic in Ireland,

You may commence your insults:)

Yes yes, Paulbot, Nutcase etc etc...
Get out of here you filthy Paulite.

Ribeye