What would happen if we do run out of cash in the next month or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Wept

Wages of public servants wouldn't be paid? So the Guards and Army (sensibly unwilling to work for zilch) all bugger off home. Ditto for the teachers, doctors and nurses. The country quickly descends into a state of anarchy?

We become a third world country overnight? Or does the EU step in to protect its former model student?

These questions are not rhetorical: I'm genuinely interested to hear what those on this forum with a background in economics think.

Sierra

I would assume it would not be allowed to happen i.e. we would turn to the EU / IMF beforehand. Or they would turn to us either way. ;)

EUrJokingMeRight

Wages of public servants wouldn't be paid? So the Guards and Army (sensibly unwilling to work for zilch) all bugger off home. Ditto for the teachers, doctors and nurses. The country quickly descends into a state of anarchy?

We become a third world country overnight? Or does the EU step in to protect its former model student?

These questions are not rhetorical: I'm genuinely interested to hear what those on this forum with a background in economics think.
No difference. Ireland is a third world country with third world public services. Where have you been the last twenty years?

TonyBird

Gaurds and the Army will be OK . Cash will be found somewhere . FF arent that stupid .

hmmm

We would go to the European fund for cash. They would give us the cash we need, but we would be required to implement widespread cuts relatively quickly. We are not going to turn into the third world, but we would lose our financial independence. It wouldn't be the end of the world, we'd just be a bit poorer and a bit saner.

It's still 50/50 though, nothing is certain and FF are trying to scare the opposition into supporting the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies