What would Minister for Housing Simon Coveney do as Taoiseach?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
David McWilliams has a long interview with him on 5th of Feb 3player | Agenda - Extended interview with Simon Coveney said he took on housing in order to change image of Fine Gael to show that they is interested in creating a better society so people no longer feel alienated by the party.

video clip
David McWilliams Verified account ‏@davidmcw Feb 16

Simon Coveney on FGs image “I want to change the image of FG…they don’t associate with caring and protecting vulnerable people” #TV3Agenda

AGENDA SIMON COVENEY FG IMAGE
he hasn't finished the job

Last edited:

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
probabally whatever p sutherland requested from him

ger12

He's calm, able and considered.

I think he'd make a fine FG leader.

Hans Von Horn

He would make Damien English Minister for the Environment.

Franzoni

Dublin would do well to look for some sort of autonomous region status within the state if the muldoons keep imposing these people upon us....

Coveneys willingness to allow farmers off the hook while trying the demonise and pile more indirect taxation on people in urban area's already paying the highest rates of LPT should be reason enough for concern....

im axeled

David McWilliams has a long interview with him last Week 3player | Agenda - Extended interview with Simon Coveney said he took on housing in order to change image of Fine Gael to show that they is interested in creating a better society so people no longer feel alienated by the party.

video clip
he hasn't finished the job[/QUOTE
tom and gerrry are running around the wall above me, could they do any worse than pinnochio and hepc

greagh

Coveney represents big globalised capital and his interests do not coincide with those of the mass of the people add to that the fact that he seems malleable and he will make a perfect FG leader but FF will not allow him or anyone other than Kenny to be Taoiseach this time around.

neveragain

David McWilliams has a long interview with him last Week 3player | Agenda - Extended interview with Simon Coveney said he took on housing in order to change image of Fine Gael to show that they is interested in creating a better society so people no longer feel alienated by the party.

video clip

So he wants to change the image of FG, really? Enda and that excuse of a minister of justice are the image of FG and he wants to give them time to depart with dignity.

At least Vlad spoke out (a bit late I know) but at least he showed some balls.

neveragain

Coveney represents big globalised capital and his interests do not coincide with those of the mass of the people add to that the fact that he seems malleable and he will make a perfect FG leader but FF will not allow him or anyone other than Kenny to be Taoiseach this time around.
Oh I'd say FF would be dancing at the crossroads at the prospect.

It's Vlad they are wary of.

hiding behind a poster

Dublin would do well to look for some sort of autonomous region status within the state if the muldoons keep imposing these people upon us....

Coveneys willingness to allow farmers off the hook while trying the demonise and pile more indirect taxation on people in urban area's already paying the highest rates of LPT should be reason enough for concern....
I heard he's proposing a tax on incorrect apostrophes.

hiding behind a poster

Any chance you might inform yourself even a little bit? The FG-FF confidence and supply agreement makes clear that the leadership of FG, and the position of Taoiseach, is a matter for FG.

Dame_Enda

I've always had a soft spot for him. I think though that hes too keen on the naval 'rescues' in the Meditteranean from my hearing him on Claire Byrne Show. The reality is that deaths in the Meditteranean are at an all time high since the refugee crisis began. 5000 died in it last year. The naval patrols are just encouraging more migrants to take the risk.

On the other hand I like his emphasis on rural development. But the Dublin wing of the party mightnt like that.

Spanner Island

He'd fast forget about the auld housing issue I reckon... and start doing Taoiseachy things... whatever they are... leaders questions... a few foreign trips... hob knobbing at higher levels etc. etc.

Beyond that I haven't a clue...

Can't say I'm relishing a GE this year... or any time soon as there's nobody to vote for.

bokuden

video clip

Coveney would continue to enrich his mates and sell off and impoverish the country like the rest of the fine gael scum.

West-Cork

I'm somewhat suspicious that he's a 'Davos boy' and we'll see some moves by the media to manoeuvre him into a lead position in the coming weeks/months.

However, in response to the OP, one thing he might do (if he's as good as his word) is introduce voting rights (presidential and GE) for Irish citizens living abroad.

Brenny

What would Coveney do?

He would set purely economic objectives and seek to attract FDI. He would encourage private enterprise to solve problems like housing and he would look to use welfare to sooth the section of the electorate who are not convinced that economic growth is the one and only objective worth talking about. In other words, he would act roughly the same as any top FG or FF politician in the top job.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies