• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

What's black and white and red all over?

jmcc

It is an old joke but the red refers to the latest ABC readership figures for January 2016 to June 2016 are out.
The Sunday Independent has dropped below 200K copies per issue for the first time.
Sunday Independent 199,210.

SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting - ABC Jan-June 2016 Sunday Market

The Irish Times is down as well:
Irish Times 72,011
Interestingly, it has a digital subs figure of 9,800 per morning.

SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting - ABC Jan-June 2016 Morning Market

Accidental sock

Takes a while, but worth a watch

[video=youtube;bq2_wSsDwkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2_wSsDwkQ[/video]

News is eating itself.

Truth.ie

Ask any under 25 year old, "When was the last time you bought a newspaper?"

Do they still print and deliver Golden Pages in Ireland?
Another relic facing extinction.

Truth.ie

Amazing.
Does it receive Government aid? I´ve no idea how it could survive as a private enterprise.
Spoke to a worker there who told me they hired a woman from Australia during the boom. They paid for her whole family to relocate and rented a 6k per month house for her in Donnybrook. I wondered....where on Earth does that kind of money come from?

Eire1976

The problem is that its not even alternative media that is getting the upturn.

Eire1976

Amazing.
Does it receive Government aid? I´ve no idea how it could survive as a private enterprise.
Spoke to a worker there who told me they hired a woman from Australia during the boom. They paid for her whole family to relocate and rented a 6k per month house for her in Donnybrook. I wondered....where on Earth does that kind of money come from?
Business's pay to have an entry. It's online and in paper.

Great for backup

jmcc

Takes a while, but worth a watch

[video=youtube;bq2_wSsDwkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2_wSsDwkQ[/video]

News is eating itself.
Sad, isn't it? There was a an influx of f*cking morons (the pig-ignornant and clueless opinionators and their ilk) in the last twenty years or so and many of them have their character in that Stoplight movie sketch. It basically drove good journos with skills out of the business.

Dub01

Is there any medium size business in Ireland that doesn`t get ten free copies of the indo every morning?

Do they actually sell any at all?

Lúidín

This is great news. The press is the best vehicle the establishment has for controlling the views of the citizens since religion went into a tailspin.

It seems the people don't want to swallow their daily diet of selective news and closed-circuit commentary.

Eire1976

This is great news. The press is the best vehicle the establishment has for controlling the views of the citizens since religion went into a tailspin.

It seems the people don't want to swallow their daily diet of selective news and closed-circuit commentary.
They have just turned off altogether instead of looking for alternative "real" news.

Mad as Fish

Small local business's don't have webmaster optimising their sites so they pop up first on google.
Even that wouldn't work unless they were paying Google in some way.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

Mad as Fish

I'm not so sure, is the web any less controlled? Even P.ie refuses to state clearly that it has not given in to threats from certain quarters of late.

The web is also often shallow and is written in a style that is disjointed rather than flowing which discourages any form of analysis. I'm not impressed by the Irish press but I don't see the alternative as being much better to be honest.

Mad as Fish

Half Nelson

I rely on RTE for my news, so I check the BBC site - it cuts out the middleman.

T

Toowoomba

I have been buying the IT paper for 50 years, next month.

Try lighting a fire with the online edition. petunia

Mad as Fish

I have been buying the IT paper for 50 years, next month.

Try lighting a fire with the online edition. petunia
And wiping away the klingon's is just kinda gross with a smartphone.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies