What's Ciaran Cannon up to these days?

borntorum

Fairly unbelieveable that the political nonentity that is Ciaran Cannon was actually the leader or a government party

Stroke

Fairly unbelieveable that the political nonentity that is Ciaran Cannon was actually the leader or a government party
Did he qualify for a party leaders allowance for his short-lived leadership of the PD's?

greengreen

He is trying to get on a very very crowded FG ticket in Galway East. Apparently he was promised a shot much to the disgust of the 2 sitting TDs and 2 other candidates who got 5000 votes last time out.

Greener

He is a Senator. How much do we hear from senators at any given time.

If they are working locally in their capacity as Senators, then they are mis-interpreting their constitutionnaly perscribed role.

borntorum

He is trying to get on a very very crowded FG ticket in Galway East. Apparently he was promised a shot much to the disgust of the 2 sitting TDs and 2 other candidates who got 5000 votes last time out.
If that's the case maybe FG will screw him. He's hardly in a position to do anything against them

athenrycastle

I would say that for most of time he is watching his back in east Galway in case Ulick Burke draws a knife on him............saw Cannon chair a meeting in my fair town last night.....impressed me I have to say.........still can't see him getting a shot at the Dail until Ulick retires.......or expires.

hiker

I would say that for most of time he is watching his back in east Galway in case Ulick Burke draws a knife on him............saw Cannon chair a meeting in my fair town last night.....impressed me I have to say.........still can't see him getting a shot at the Dail until Ulick retires.......or expires.
I met him a couple of times too. i was very impressed with his public speaking skills and his intelligence.

On most occasions he would have a bright future but the Progressive Democrats baggage may be a big handicap.
Personally I think he would make a very good representative.

florin

Did he qualify for a party leaders allowance for his short-lived leadership of the PD's?
No, you have to have at least 10 members or so to qualify as an official parliamentary party.

uniquare

He's back!

Guess who just popped up - leading a protest against a motorway, of all things!

RTÉ News: Protests staged on new M6 route

The group's spokesperson, Cllr Ciaran Cannon, said they are appalled at the damage that has been done over the past four years.

He added that unless the company agrees to a compensation package they will intensify their demonstrations this afternoon in a bid to halt work on the new motorway.

dse123

So he's involving himself locally. Kenny's idea of banning the Seanad, should it ever happen, wouldn't bode well for people like Cannon, I don't think he'll get elected to the Dail this time round.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies