What's Senator James Heffernan up to?

Prof Honeydew

After a thee-year absence from the headlines, James Heffernan burst back into the limelight over the past fortnight. Having turned his back on Labour soon after being elected to the Seanad in 2011,he has now become the fourth or fifth independent member of the Oireachtas to announce a new party.

Heffernan

Unlike other wannabe kingmakers like Shane Ross, Lucinda Creighton and Michael Fitzmaurice, Senator James's message is breathtakingly simple. He's anti-Sinn Fein. Oh ... and he wants his Leinster House office back.

Is there space on the political spectrum for this new movement? Will it impress the voters of Limerick County who nearly elected the Senator in 2011 on a Labour ticket but who weren't given the chance to vote for a Labour or Heffernan-backed candidate in any county ward in last year's locals? Or has SS South Limerick already been hijacked by pirate queen Lisa Marie Sheehy of Sinn Fein?

ruserious

He has the second worst voting record in the Senate.

Sinnfein1916

Given his anti Republican comments in recent years, he could be looking to win over the anti Sinn Fein vote in Limerick County should he intend to run again, he's trying to take votes off Niall Collins.

artfoley56

Dont ask me. I voted to scrap the senate. Hows that reform going?
And it was part of the labour manifesto in 2011. Then again if you were voting to fet rid of it and it was part of your manifesto, how come theres sp many labour senators?

enuffisenuff

there's always room for a new movement...no doubt it will be just like the others

cricket

Have to admit, don't think I ever heard of him. Did he work at Labour HQ one time ?

Lúidín

There isn't room for another anti-SF party - we have at least three already - though he should get lots of coverage in the the O'Brien media.

Levellers

We won't hear of him again after the next election.

The downside is the idiot will go back to teaching - poor kids!

Spanner Island

Dont ask me. I voted to scrap the senate. Hows that reform going?
Is that it?

You didn't like the result so now it's time to sit back and smugly announce 'I told you so' at every opportunity?

How about demanding reform or another referendum?

The f***ers shouldn't be allowed to take the p!ss out of voters like this... by firstly holding a sham of a referendum in which the choice people wanted to be given was ignored, and then do f*** all about anything because the result didn't go the way they wanted...

And worse still, continue while pedaling the lie that their poxy referendum was an example of 'transformational change'...

FFS :roll:

Ren84

"They have sucked dry the communities around the bordering areas. The people in the border counties are terrified of their living lives of Sinn Fein and of the IRA and if that is the kind of country that we are going to be left with - if these people and their Army Council cohorts ever get into power in this country, well I’m out of here.”

What. A. Lunatic!

Spanner Island

"They have sucked dry the communities around the bordering areas. The people in the border counties are terrified of their living lives of Sinn Fein and of the IRA and if that is the kind of country that we are going to be left with - if these people and their Army Council cohorts ever get into power in this country, well I’m out of here.”

What. A. Lunatic!
You're not the first person I've heard say that...

I know a few people who have said if the Shinners ever get in they'll up sticks and leave with their families... and I think they mean it too...

I'd probably consider it myself if it happened...

And of course the stauncher SF'ers would say good riddance as the country slid into the sh!tter around them...

There's a scumbag element that comes with the SF'ers regardless of whether they're officially part of SF or not.

Kerrygold

Isn't he the fella that went courting SF not so long ago?

And is now attacking SF at every opportunity, like a jilted lover.

Ren84

I know a few people who have said if the Shinners ever get in they'll up sticks and leave with their families... and I think they mean it too...

And of course the stauncher SF'ers would say good riddance as the country slid into the sh!tter around them...

There's a scumbag element that comes with the SF'ers regardless of whether they're officially part of SF or not.
Bon voyage so. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I was quoting that weirdo Heffernan BTW.

Levellers

You know you won't you drama queen.

Fullforward

This clown can't even organise an office for himself in Leinster House and wants to run the show. Attention seeker.

Fullforward

You could go now while the flights are cheap. There will be a massive rush to the Airport after the next General Election, feel free to lead the charge.

Sinnfein1916

As for Heffernan and his comments regarding emigration when SF get into government.

May daughter had to emigrate in 2011 because she couldn't get a decent teaching job in Ireland, since 2011 she has been teaching in England and has absolutely no intention of coming back thanks to Fianna Fail and FG/Labour.

Fullforward

Hefferhead said............ "“They have sucked dry the communities around the bordering areas. The people in the border counties are terrified of their living lives of Sinn Fein and of the IRA...."

The same "Bordering Areas" that have LOTS and LOTS of SF TD's, Councillors, M.P.'s and MLA's, all elected by the same communities.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies