• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

What's Senator James Heffernan up to?

Therightroad

Reading his rant..it looks like the man has flipped??...maybe hes trying to start a branch of the DUP in South Limerick?

Ren84

Dunno.

Jaysus... did it take you 7 minutes to read Elbereth's post?

I can't see SF keeping FDI here... which sadly we're over dependent on without any real viable domestic alternative being available...

Nor can I see SF delivering on much of what they promise because their promises don't add up and they're too feckin' lazy to deal with these issues transparently...

Everything is very vague...

I suspect SF are no different to the existing tosser riddled parties and that they'll go native as soon as they get their grubby mits on power... which is not what Ireland needs...

They've been coasting it up in NI in that shambles of an executive and achieved f*** all really...
FG, FF, and Lab have bankrupted the country on numerous occasions. So why are you still here FFS? Hypocrite!

Silvio Dante.

After a thee-year absence from the headlines, James Heffernan burst back into the limelight over the past fortnight. Having turned his back on Labour soon after being elected to the Seanad in 2011,he has now become the fourth or fifth independent member of the Oireachtas to announce a new party.

Heffernan

Unlike other wannabe kingmakers like Shane Ross, Lucinda Creighton and Michael Fitzmaurice, Senator James's message is breathtakingly simple. He's anti-Sinn Fein. Oh ... and he wants his Leinster House office back.

Is there space on the political spectrum for this new movement? Will it impress the voters of Limerick County who nearly elected the Senator in 2011 on a Labour ticket but who weren't given the chance to vote for a Labour or Heffernan-backed candidate in any county ward in last year's locals? Or has SS South Limerick already been hijacked by pirate queen Lisa Marie Sheehy of Sinn Fein?
As someone who watches the Oireachtas channel on a regular basis, I've never even seen this guy in the Seanad Chamber...

Radix

...SF are very much a part of the democratic fabric of this country...

Would you go away with that fawning apologist stuff. I suppose you want us to thank Pearse McAuley et al for SF's recently discovered democratic bent.

National and international diplomacy skills had to be finely honed in order to drag SF to a table in a room which didn't have weapons either underneath that table, or outside the door of the room which housed it.

williewatch

James is the Invisible Man of Irish Politics. Soon he'll be gone and we wont even notice.
Yep. Himself & that FG Gob************************e Patrick O'Donovan.

The Rat O'Dea will probably be re-elected but hopefully this will be the very last time :)

Kommunist

Who cares?

His biggest political "action" has been complaining over his privileges and sharing office space.

Prof Honeydew

The quoted article showed Labour's inconsistency when it comes to dealing with Parliamentary Party members who defy the whip. James Heffernan is sent packing while Ann Ferris can retain her office. I seem to recall that Willie Penrose was also a house-trained rebel while Colm Keaveney, Tommy Broughan and Roisin Shortall were beyond the fold.

What criteria does the Labour leadership use? A favourable view from the Irish Times?