What's so special about Game of Thrones?

General Urko

Im just working my way through season 1 @ the mo, yes I know it's on season 8 and while there is some good riding in it, I fail to see what the huge excitement is about!
It's across between Lord of The Rings, Spartacus and Dallas!:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 48908

Tits...the tits grab your attention, then the characters and their storylines keep you there.

Niall996

Wait till you see the epic battle scene in Season Seven. Unbelievable,

between the bridges

Im just working my way through season 1 @ the mo, yes I know it's on season 8 and while there is some good riding in it, I fail to see what the huge excitement is about!
It gets better, wance it became a hit the budget went up, spoiler alert, winter takes its time coming...

Catalpast

Is there a Debbie in it....

between the bridges

So best episode...?

Battle of the Bastards...

Franzoni

It's about politics....and i can't really say too much more without ruining how the storyline develops....suffice to say you will see parallels with some of windowlickers at home and abroad who play silly buggers while the kip is burning around their ears.....

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Vikings is also a good series. There's tits in that too. Tits, swords and sandals. 'tis like the glory days of Hollywood all over again. Except without the crap acting.

silverharp

its an overrated show with lots of dumb characters but it has good production values.

TakeitAll

No one told me there was riding on it. Thanks :) seriously though anything like this that has a cult following I avoid watching. Don't think I have seen a second of it and no interest in doing so.

Emily Davison

My husband purchased this for me years ago on DVD and we watched the first episode and then another one and gave up. I found it boring and too violent. A few years later we tried it again, and loved it. I would not consider it at all like Lord of the Rings (one of my favourite books) nor Dallas. It must be just about the most violent show ever. It is the characters that make it, the story lines. It's pure fantasy. So once you get into it you will be hooked. Oddly yesterday as my husband was trying to get me Derry girls on some place the children download stuff he told me he'd found Season 4 of Gof T, so that's now something to look forward to in the cold wintery February nighttimes. Can't wait.

Emily Davison

No one told me there was riding on it. Thanks :) seriously though anything like this that has a cult following I avoid watching. Don't think I have seen a second of it and no interest in doing so.
I don't think there has ever been a series with more sex scenes than Game of Thrones. They are unbelievably nasty too many of them, especially the many rape scenes and one in particular that I won't go into as you have to watch it to understand. The battle scenes are magnificient, and I'm not normally a one to like battle scenes, but I admire how they were acted out. I think the most interesting thing about it is the politics. I believe it's partly based on the war of the roses, hence the names of the main families.

hollandia

I don't think there has ever been a series with more sex scenes than Game of Thrones. They are unbelievably nasty too many of them, especially the many rape scenes and one in particular that I won't go into as you have to watch it to understand. The battle scenes are magnificient, and I'm not normally a one to like battle scenes, but I admire how they were acted out. I think the most interesting thing about it is the politics. I believe it's partly based on the war of the roses, hence the names of the main families.
They're more so in the books. GRR Martin - who's actually a pacifist - reckons there's no point in writing something that leaves out the utter nastiness, as it gives a false picture. The brutality of the period he's mimicking is fairly well documented, and the books and series are the better for the inclusion of the sex, gore, torture and general brutality.

Emily Davison

They're more so in the books. GRR Martin - who's actually a pacifist - reckons there's no point in writing something that leaves out the utter nastiness, as it gives a false picture. The brutality of the period he's mimicking is fairly well documented, and the books and series are the better for the inclusion of the sex, gore, torture and general brutality.
Absolutely agree that they have to be left in. It is as you say historically accurate. Mankind has been very brutal to mankind thru all the ages. (I haven't read the books though they are in the house as my eldest read them). There is no thread on it but one horror, WWII, now in Poland they are frighteningly passing laws to block free speech on the truth of Polish (some) participation in Nazism and the final solution.

statsman

It's sh1t. High end sh1t, but sh1t none the less.

New Threads

Most Replies