What's the difference between Laois and Offaly anyway?

Riadach

So my Laois relatives tell me.

My Kildare friends, however, suggest that the difference between the two counties is quantitative rather than qualitative.
I.e. Laois is just as sh*t, but thankfully there is less of it?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Breffni had already been split in two between the O'Rourkes and the O'Reillys which corresponds roughly to the Leitrim-Cavan split. The McGovern territory went with Cavan (the "panhandle"). Most of the 16th and 17th century counties in Ulster, Connacht and west Leinster were created directly from corresponding chieftaincies, so in reality they're older than they look.
I'm descended from the O'Rourkes of Breffini, me.
I'm 1/4 Leitrim.

shiel

Both are outside the pale. So for the superior breed inside the pale they are just boggers, culchies, rednecks or whatever and do not count.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Both are outside the pale. So for the superior breed inside the pale they are just boggers, culchies, rednecks or whatever and do not count.
Your complex is beginning to emerge. A few more posts like that and me and Dr. Schwingsheiligkeit will have something to go on for a diagnosis.

Sonny Jim

I for one love Offaly though one thing I never understood about this great county. When did they get the right to wear the Tricolour by the GAA? I would have thought that honour would go to Baile Atha Cliath.
I think there was a draw or lottery and Offaly won the honour.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom