What's the protcol for President or Taoiseach attending funerals?

Round tower

You should have stopped there.
Journalists always talk up the importance of other journalists, especially when one of their number dies. Ms. McKee was by some accounts talented but was still young & her career hadn't taken her that far at the time of her death, which makes the reaction to it all the stranger. Had she been an ambulance worker, say, I doubt if you'd have seen that level of media and political attention.
I cannot think of the last time a British PM attended a funeral here. Thatcher came over after Enniskillen in 1987, but I don't think she attended any funerals even then.
Probably would have, it was'nt just her murder, it was the significance of it, violence and murder back on the streets of NI.

raetsel

Probably would have, it was'nt just her murder, it was the significance of it, violence and murder back on the streets of NI.
There Have been around 100 "troubles" related murders here since the beginning of the century. How many of the victims can you name, or had even heard of at the time of their deaths?

Supra

Damned if you do damned if you don't. I'd say it's a fear of being seen as not being at the funeral is the driving factor

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom