What's your favourite wine?

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
I've been rather delicously stuck in a French whites (mainly burgundy) for quite a while, so I'm wondering what's your favourite wine?

I'd particularly be interested in suggestions based on price-economy.

Give my most recent find (called Fat Bstrd) - I may need to reconsider the swear filters on P.ie! ;)

fluffykontbiscuits

I am not a huge wine fan but like Liebframich from Lidl and Wallys Creek which is bout a fiver in Centra/Molloys :)

D

Deleted member 17573

Living in Spain I'm spoiled by the availability of decent wines for €3/4. When in Ireland I am partial to anything from Casillero del Diablo ( Concho y Toro ). Apparently the vines used were taken from Europe and cultivated in Chile - and the wines produced are a good deal less expensive than what you would pay for the equivalent wine from the same vine produced in Europe.
Or to be as honest as a friend of mine, I fancy "anything wet and red":)

former wesleyan

If you're on holiday in France and near Bergerac, then look for a Pecharmant wine. The mixture of grapes it's made from means that it tastes as good after travelling as it does in France.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
For French wines I think the 2005 Clos des Papes - Chateauneuf du Pape at €70-80 off license is good value

For others... both the John Duval Plexus and Entity 2006 are great value at €30

GDPR

I like having a go at the mods for their obvious bias or even better is getting at posters who think their opinion is worth a damn.

They'd be my two favourites

eoghanacht

I like having a go at the mods for their obvious bias or even better is getting at posters who think their opinion is worth a damn.

Never took you for a smackhead, although it explains alot.

Oh and i prefer reds, not Italian. Too sharp. Paul Masson, a californian and Marquis De Caceres[sic] a Spainish.

Kerrygold

Favourite wine, not whine.

hiding behind a poster

A couple of very good cheapos are Vina Sol from the Torres vineyard in Spain, should be below a tenner anywhere. Superquinn do a very good one called "White Burgundy" for €10, and a Chilean Mont Gras is also around that price.

And to the earlier poster who said he likes Leibfraumilch - get out and get some proper wine, that stuff is muck. Its so heavily sweetened you might as well drink RocK Shandy and thus still be able to drive.

CookieMonster

A couple of very good cheapos are Vina Sol from the Torres vineyard in Spain, should be below a tenner anywhere. Superquinn do a very good one called "White Burgundy" for €10, and a Chilean Mont Gras is also around that price.
Does not compute

And to the earlier poster who said he likes Leibfraumilch - get out and get some proper wine, that stuff is muck. Its so heavily sweetened you might as well drink RocK Shandy and thus still be able to drive.

EvotingMachine0197

I don't have the palate, patience or personality for wine. (See what I did there)

I did drink wine fairly regularly from about '94 up to about 2002.

Then I realised :

I didn't really like it.
I tended to drink it too fast and got myself into a state.
I couldn't differentiate the good ones from the not so good ones. Still can't.

GDPR

I don't have the palate, patience or personality for wine. (See what I did there)

I did drink wine fairly regularly from about '94 up to about 2002.

Then I realised :

I didn't really like it.
I tended to drink it too fast and got myself into a state.
I couldn't differentiate the good ones from the not so good ones. Still can't.
And you a Labour man.
What do you take with your smoked salmon so?

EvotingMachine0197

And you a Labour man.
What do you take with your smoked salmon so?
I am a member of the Labour Party, yet I do not consider myself a Labour man.

I'm nobody's man. If I was anybody's man I'd probably be my family's man, my children's man, my community's man or my Country's man.

Pretty much the same as you Tony.

I like my smoked salmon with brown bread.

danger here

Chateau Musar from Lebanon is a favourite,13.5% and flavoursome with subtle shrapnel tones.

CookieMonster

Château Rayas. It's simply amazing. I would drown myself in the stuff. Spendy though.

CookieMonster

It is in La Cave at reasonable price... not sure about the vintage
Really? Hmmmm...

Bet it's a recent vintage. Anything after 2004 would be wasted drinking now.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies