When and why did Ulster Unionists stop refering to themselves as Irish

Irish-Rationalist

If you look at a map of Ireland and Great Britain, you can't help noticing that Finchley is in Great Britain, and NI is on a completely different island.

McSlaggart

I'm trying to clarify why someone uses this to say NI is less British than Finchley.
your response to what someone asked is your answer.

If you think it is the same then give your case.

It is only when I am in Germany or Austria that I say my nationality is Irish. Tir Eoghain is not on their maps....

CastleRay

your response to what someone asked is your answer.

If you think it is the same then give your case.

It is only when I am in Germany or Austria that I say my nationality is Irish. Tir Eoghain is not on their maps....
You make no sense.

Enigma Variations

But............. The British citizens in NI can do everything that the British citizens in London can do.

You northern irish Irish are easily pleased.

Why do you all whine on about a UI when you are already an Irish citizen with all that entails, at the minute?

Or are you really not as Irish as the Irish?
I don't whine about a united Ireland because I'm very patient, and yes I'm as Irish as any southerner. If I moved to the south tomorrow I'd instantly acquire full voting rights.You need to get over the fact that there are now two legally recognised nationalities living here in the north and there will be until we vote it out of existence, when there will then finally only be one. :)

CastleRay

I don't whine about a united Ireland because I'm very patient, and yes I'm as Irish as any southerner. If I moved to the south tomorrow I'd instantly acquire full voting rights.You need to get over the fact that there are now two legally recognised nationalities living here in the north and there will be until we vote it out of existence, when there will then finally only be one. :)
So parity of esteem / equality is a one way thing?

TiredOfBeingTired

It is there, sort of.
However it is listed as "Hier ist Dragonen!"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies