• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

when Croatia joins schengen I am going to the pub

forest

Croatia is due to join the EU this summer
I am uncertain when it will join schengen but I know where I am going that night

Borders and Beer on the Slovenian-Croatian Frontier - Weird     IR

Basically its a bar right on the border
entrance is on the Slovenian side the bathroom croatian side
While you can move around the bar freely you may not cross the border outside separated with flower pots

I say it will be great craic that night

Dublin 4

Couldn't be funnier than the Eurozone Circus :lol:

ruserious

I like the pool table. If you had a bet with your opponent, you could gamble in the EU while standing outside it.

seabhcan

Baarle-Nassau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a great one

Baarle-Hertog consists of 26 separate pieces of land. Apart from the main piece (called Zondereigen) located north of the Belgian town of Merksplas, there are 22 Belgian exclaves in the Netherlands and three other pieces on the Dutch-Belgian border. There are also six Dutch exclaves located within the largest Belgian exclave, one within the second-largest, and an eighth within Zondereigen. The smallest Belgian parcel, H22, measures 2,632 square metres (about 28,330 square feet).

You can see why the EU started with the Benelux countries.

seabhcan

Nothing beats Dahala Khagrabari for weird.

Its an enclave of India, inside an enclave of Bangladesh, which is inside another enclave of India, which is in Bangladesh.

The people of Dahala Khagrabari can only get to the 'mainland' India by crossing through Bangladesh twice. To do that, they need a passport. Which they can only get in mainland India. So they are all stuck.

This is it, here: 26.148133,88.762458 - Google Maps

Ren84

Its an enclave of India, inside an enclave of Bangladesh, which is inside another enclave of India, which is in Bangladesh.

The people of Dahala Khagrabari can only get to the 'mainland' India by crossing through Bangladesh twice. To do that, they need a passport. Which they can only get in mainland India. So they are all stuck.

I blame the Brits for that. ;)

seabhcan

I blame the Brits for that. ;)
Afraid not in this case:

Even in the more sober account, represented by Brendan R. Whyte, an academic, the enclaves are the “result of peace treaties in 1711 and 1713 between the kingdom of Cooch Behar and the Mughal empire, ending a long series of wars in which the Mughals wrested several districts from Cooch Behar.”
The weird predates the English.

forest

FYI to those joining me :)
The link has Lasko put down as Slovenian beer personally I prefer Union

forest

I always thought Kaliningrad odd.
I always think it forgot to declare independence in '91

After WW2 the Germans were removed from the area and was planted by russians

seabhcan

Clanrickard

It is uninhabited is it not? I also believe that is owned by a Bangladeshi. I think the two countries are going to swap various enclaves and exclaves of which there are over 100.

seabhcan

It is uninhabited is it not? I also believe that is owned by a Bangladeshi. I think the two countries are going to swap various enclaves and exclaves of which there are over 100.
I don't know if its inhabited - some articles say it is, but it seems tiny. Certainly some of the enclaves are inhabited and have protected borders.

India and Bangladesh have been discussing a land swap for years.

TheWexfordInn

TiredOfBeingTired

I like the pool table. If you had a bet with your opponent, you could gamble in the EU while standing outside it.
You are far closer to the truth than you think.

Gambling is what has messed up the India-Bangladesh border.
"The enclaves were used as stakes in card or chess games centuries ago between two regional kings, the Raja of Cooch Behar and the Maharaja of Rangpur"
Indo-Bangladesh enclaves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia