When did Healy Rae Jr get in to the Oireachtas?

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Know he's circulating letters about local issues in Oireachtas envelopes anyway.

Presume this is a matter that has been touched on again and again before with regard to politicians the length and breadth of the country and not just a Healy Rae, but not sure that makes it acceptable or appropriate.

Anyone know the guidelines in this area?

Maximus Cynicus

[QUOTE
Does this bloke have a chance of getting elected to the Dail does anybody know?[/QUOTE]

Good one, mate :D

Just practicing for when his auld fella bequeaths him the seat in Kerry

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Does this bloke have a chance of getting elected to the Dail does anybody know?
Despite everything, the contracts for the family firm, the expenses, even his daughter landing the post office job in the Kilgarvan area much to noone's surprise, he'll still get a lot of votes.

truthforsooth

Know he's circulating letters about local issues in Oireachtas envelopes anyway.

Presume this is a matter that has been touched on again and again before with regard to politicians the length and breadth of the country and not just a Healy Rae, but not sure that makes it acceptable or appropriate.

Anyone know the guidelines in this area?
Surely no guidelines allow a non-Oireachtas member to use Oireachtas (postage paid I presume?) envelopes. It sounds like misappropriation of State resources to me.

yehbut_nobut

A letter to the Clerk of the Dail outlining the details would soon clarify things?

Own Arris

The Healey Rae "Cap" virus is a virulent strain of the Gombeen virus. Once it becomes airborn it can spread out from Kerry straight to Dublin and back again almost daily, causing huge holes in expense sheets.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Surely no guidelines allow a non-Oireachtas member to use Oireachtas (postage paid I presume?) envelopes.
I was wondering the converse though.

I agree that they should not use the envelopes and free mail service - even if his own daughter is around delivering it. I'm just wondering if this has been specifically set out to Councillors, you know the whole Callely 'if someone can show me where I did wrong' nonsense that politicians seem to like.

Dohville

Gombeen politics at its best. The People of Kerry deserve what they vote for.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Gombeen politics at its best. The People of Kerry deserve what they vote for.
Would you be from the same 'Cork' that elects public reps like PJ Sheehan, Noel O'Flynn and Kathleen Lynch?

Hilarious.

Black kettles and life in glasshouses etc. etc.

joeydub

THE HEALY REA FAMILY EXIMPLIFY ALL THAT IS GOOD AND WHOLESOME ABOUT OUR BELOVED DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM.

The legendry "Jack healy rea " said ..Ask not what you can do for your country,,,Ask what your country can do for you!!!

Tomas Mor

Surely no guidelines allow a non-Oireachtas member to use Oireachtas (postage paid I presume?) envelopes. It sounds like misappropriation of State resources to me.

only Oireachtas members can use those envelopes. That is quite clear and has been clarified many times.

Victor Meldrew

Despite everything, the contracts for the family firm, the expenses, even his daughter landing the post office job in the Kilgarvan area much to noone's surprise, he'll still get a lot of votes.
We have a Feudal system in Rural areas...

When Lord Jackie retires / Dies, the Squire will take over the issuing of jobs, grants, state contracts etc...

Nothing unique there in Kerry

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It really isn't like them to abuse any system of communication, is it? Next they'll be on the phones...

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I am going to bump this as threads about the Healy Raes and their abuses seem to be topical.

I appreciate that threads about farm phone ins are making all the waves, more than threads about vote rigging and fraud apparently. If this doesn't work it can wither on the vine.

New Threads

Most Replies