When is it okay for a guy to go shirtless?

stonethrower

You won't want to be going out in your birthday suit!!!

People will come over all unnecessary!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHYQd2fDDE&feature=related]YouTube - Philip Glenister in The Catherine Tate Show[/ame]

White?
Would you like them Black and Tanned? or do you just prefer whites?
Any colour, apart from pasty white, or sunburnt red. Like most Irish, the phrase "Black and Tan" is an obscenity. Not you?

gatsbygirl20

I think she means that they shouldnt be pasty white...

Walking through an Irish park on the first hot day of summer can be an unpleasant experiance....;)
Yes, but things have improved so much. Irish young people seem to me to be as beautiful as other races, now that they all have lovely teeth, and so many of them are tall and long-limbed with a hint of a very non-Irish tan (fake, perhaps?)
The girls seem graceful and beautifully dressed, and as for the guys....you only have to look at old footage of GAA matches from the 60s or 70s to see how God-like our young men have, as a general rule, become.

So when I hear talk about grade-inflation in the Leaving Cert, and hear statements like "Surely you are not saying that young people today are more intelligent than they were in the 1970s?" I say: "Well, they are certainly more beautiful. Has there been some gene inflation?"

thebig C

Yes, in your back garden or on a beach.

Anywhere else is just odd or slightly skangery!

SevenStars

Yes, but things have improved so much. Irish young people seem to me to be as beautiful as other races, now that they all have lovely teeth, and so many of them are tall and long-limbed with a hint of a very non-Irish tan (fake, perhaps?)
The girls seem graceful and beautifully dressed, and as for the guys....you only have to look at old footage of GAA matches from the 60s or 70s to see how God-like our young men have, as a general rule, become.

So when I hear talk about grade-inflation in the Leaving Cert, and hear statements like "Surely you are not saying that young people today are more intelligent than they were in the 1970s?" I say: "Well, they are certainly more beautiful. Has there been some gene inflation?"
Im not talking about physique but skin colour...My skin is naturally olive but I know friends of mine always feel a bit embaressed by their skin tone at the beginning of summer....

SevenStars

Yes, in your back garden or on a beach.

Anywhere else is just odd or slightly skangery!
Its interesting that for a lot of the 19 th century having a tan at all was considered skangery and than suddenly it became a sign of wealth (i.e. that you could fly to where its hot).

Its interesting that for a lot of the 19 th century having a tan at all was considered skangery and than suddenly it became a sign of wealth (i.e. that you could fly to where its hot).
Coco Chanel made tans fashionable I thought. How do you think Bisto Gravy shares suddenly rocketed in the 1920s?:p

mutley

Mutley your taste in men is as bad as your taste in music....;)

However its interesting that male shirtlessness and public nudity in general is more acceptable in former "Communist" countries than in the west...
Becks would not be my type, it is his style that I was referring to :lol:

toughbutfair

I think she means that they shouldnt be pasty white...

Walking through an Irish park on the first hot day of summer can be an unpleasant experiance....;)
So if you are pasty white, you shouldn't let the sun in?

I'm fairly pale and I'm in good shape. However, I wouldn't expose myself like this not because I wouldn't look as good as somebody a bit darker but because I'd burn quicker, plus the whole cancer thing isn't sexy.

Pasty white, lightly tanned, light brown, and pure dark can all be hot looking.

So if you are pasty white, you shouldn't let the sun in?

I'm fairly pale and I'm in good shape. However, I wouldn't expose myself like this not because I wouldn't look as good as somebody a bit darker but because I'd burn quicker, plus the whole cancer thing isn't sexy.

Pasty white, lightly tanned, light brown, and pure dark can all be hot looking.
Okay, prove it. I will rush you my address. You parade a sample of all of the above for me to examine and I will give you my opinion.

toughbutfair

I like your attitude. A relative was telling me about hot eastern european girls (suggesting Irish girls aren't) and I had to point out that Irish girls are just as hot, as are various other nationalites. Why is it cool to knock the Irish opposite sex?

SevenStars

Coco Chanel made tans fashionable I thought. How do you think Bisto Gravy shares suddenly rocketed in the 1920s?:p
Are you serious?

Can you make a fake tan lotion out of them?

Christel

Seeing as we are having a sort of summer just curious to know what people think....
Whether male or female: In private homes and gardens, at a beach or other public place for swimming.

Personally I'd not wish to be confronted with either male or female unshirted bodies anywhere else.

toughbutfair

Okay, prove it. I will rush you my address. You parade a sample of all of the above for me to examine and I will give you my opinion.
Okay, I am sending Scarlett Johannson, Jessica Alba, Haile Berry and Naomi Campbell over to you now. Have fun.

PS Naomi may throw a phone at you at any stage.

Bobert

I do it when I'm at home, in the gym, with a partner or in a forest. However, as regards to being at home, if I have someone call to the door I'll put a shirt on.

TheMushyStuff

Whenever the Guy feels like. I rather not do it because of my hair and weight might be a shock the public. A side of me they never should or would want to see. :mrgreen:

As for women, I feel they should be give the equal right to go topless or not. :cool:

Okay, I am sending Scarlett Johannson, Jessica Alba, Haile Berry and Naomi Campbell over to you now. Have fun.

PS Naomi may throw a phone at you at any stage.
Ah come on. Give me a break. Surely you know by now that I am a beautiful, young, healthy, heterosexual female. Stop upsetting me. Excuse me a moment, I've just dropped me zimmer frame.

Christel

Ever work on a building site in 20C +?

Foot turf on the bog in mid June?

Turn hay by hand with a rake ?
I was thinking about such work places. But it wouldn't be particularly healthy to work totally shirtless under a sunny sky in hot weather, would it?

Don't desert people cover themselves because of that?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom