When is sexism not sexism?

Disillusioned democrat

I'll start by saying I'm a white male - there, that'll get the haters warned up for a start:D.

So today I was doing a bit of research into potential IT suppliers and I can across a term, I'd never encountered before -"WBE" certified.

Curiosity got the better of me so I looked it up to see how it was relevant to my choice of IT service provider for one of our US plants and was fairly surprised to see it meant this was a certified "women owned enterprise".

Seemingly this is becoming a "thing" WBENC.

Now, I'm trying to imagine the outrage if any company was to proudly boast that it was a "man owned business".

I'm just wondering - is someone keeping score, so that when in 5 - 10 years when every role is dominated by females will there be someone to champion my rights for equality?

Skin the Goat

I'm just wondering - is someone keeping score, so that when in 5 - 10 years when every role is dominated by females will there be someone to champion my rights for equality?
Congratulations! You finally seemed to have grasped what equality actually means.

Gin Soaked

This is a tick box in ERP systems I have used in a few organisations.

I never bothered ticking it or asking.

Can't imagine what this will be like when all the variants of gender identity are uploaded. It'll be like currency and shipping codes..

JimmyFoley

Did anyone hear Matt Cooper apologising last night on tv3 cos the panel didn't include anyone with a womb?

Seriously, is this going to be a thing from now on? 😭😭

The Nal

Whats wrong with being sexy?

Spanner Island

Look the way things are going it won't be long before a couple wanting to hook up are going to have to have solicitors present and sign a pre-hook up disclaimer while they're all observed by body language experts to ensure neither party is entering into the hook up under duress...

The singularity should make gender irrelevant when it comes but until then things look like they're just going to get more and more complex and complicated...

As for the OP - yep... it's a valid point... just like advertising car insurance just to women should be illegal etc.

Instead of seeking real equality many women seem to be using their equality crusade as justification for doing the kind of sh!t they accuse men of doing... :roll:

stopdoingstuff

I agree. This just isn't proper sexism at all. No wonder they get paid less.

Betson

Did anyone hear Matt Cooper apologising last night on tv3 cos the panel didn't include anyone with a womb?

Seriously, is this going to be a thing from now on?
Vincent Browne was at that nonsense last year as well whenever a panel was not at least 50% female , yet he had a load of all female panels last year and at least 70% of his panels last year must have been female , he was doing this on purpose to get a high PC cred score as he was always on about other stations not having enough women on their panels. The show was going downhill very fast.

jmcc

Congratulations. You were the only "Tonight With Two Dinnies" viewer. TV3 will be happy to present you with your prize. :)

Odyessus

I'll start by saying I'm a white male - there, that'll get the haters warned up for a start:D.

So today I was doing a bit of research into potential IT suppliers and I can across a term, I'd never encountered before -"WBE" certified.

Curiosity got the better of me so I looked it up to see how it was relevant to my choice of IT service provider for one of our US plants and was fairly surprised to see it meant this was a certified "women owned enterprise".

Seemingly this is becoming a "thing" WBENC.

Now, I'm trying to imagine the outrage if any company was to proudly boast that it was a "man owned business".

So today I was doing a bit of research into potential IT suppliers and I can across a term, I'd never encountered before -"WBE" certified. Curiosity got the better of me so I looked it up to see how it was relevant to my choice of IT service provider for one of our US plants and was fairly surprised to see it meant this was a certified "women owned enterprise".
How can WBE stand for Women Owned Enterprise? Surely it should be WOE?

Maybe they were worried their businesses would be called woeful?

pumpkinpie

I'm a woman and I predict that within 20 years there are going to be fewer women than ever in senior roles. We have gotten to a point where women have stopped wanting to be treated as equals and it almost feels as if being female is a disability. Coupled with the fact that many females under the age of 30 seem to think anything they don't like about men is some sort of misogyny or sexual harassment I think we'll see a start in companies to segregate male and female employees because they won't want to be exposed to allegations of sexual harassment.

At first men will lose out and be discriminated against, but then there will be a backlash as more companies stop caring about being seen as diverse and start harking back to the days when they didn't have to deal with maternity leave and complaints from female staff. I think it's inevitable because we're at a point where a single accusation means a man is fired, any woman with an axe to grind or who fancies someone else's job can make a false complaint and companies aren't going to want to deal with that in the long term. I couldn't honestly blame any man for not wanting to be alone with a female colleague, any crazy bitch can destroy someone just for giggles at this stage.

JimmyFoley

Vincent Browne was at that nonsense last year as well whenever a panel was not at least 50% female , yet he had a load of all female panels last year and at least 70% of his panels last year must have been female , he was doing this on purpose to get a high PC cred score as he was always on about other stations not having enough women on their panels. The show was going downhill very fast.
I can understand any show or presenter or researcher or whoever trying to include people from a wide range of backgrounds on panels, but apologising because no person with a womb was available to talk about a fúcking rail strike is ridiculous. Would any sane person even have noticed?!

I don't know much about Matt Cooper, tbh, but from the little I have seen he strikes me as being quite desperate in his efforts to appear 'right on'.

JimmyFoley

Congratulations. You were the only "Tonight With Two Dinnies" viewer. TV3 will be happy to present you with your prize. :)
Tbh, I was too lazy to change the channel after the Champions League highlights.

I'd still like the prize, though.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Seriously, is this going to be a thing from now on? 😭😭
Cooper is another hypocrite.

''Sorry the panel has no women'' - M Cooper.

OK Matt, fair enough, what about the Newstalk/Today FM presenters? What about that corrupt c*nt that pays your wages?

Ye can stick yer virtue signaling up yer hoola hoop, Matt.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Tbh, I was too lazy to change the channel after the Champions League highlights.

I'd still like the prize, though.
You get to shine Ivan Yates pate (as in the top of his head, not his ground up liver spread).

With your testicles.

MeeOw.

Windowshopper

The reason 'Women owned enterprise' isn't getting flack while men owned would is because men have generally monopolized business ownership.

pumpkinpie

The reason 'Women owned enterprise' isn't getting flack while men owned would is because men have generally monopolized business ownership.
Men haven't monopolized business ownership. Many women own their own businesses and have always done so.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies