When is the next Irish Times mrbi opinion poll out?

RahenyFG

Does anyone know when the next Irish Times mrbi opinion poll out? I'd be interested to see if it corresponds with what the Sunday Business Post Red C polls have been predicting lately. I wonder also how bad FF will do and if FG will regain support after the last Irish Times poll put them at 24% during the pairings crisis. Perhaps the Irish Times poll will confirm the increase in SF support.

Rosmuc

The Irish Times like the Indo are cutting costs drastically to stay open, the amount of polls will be far and few between. After the success of their last poll maybe Paddy Power polls will become a regular thing. Dont think we need a thread on this though, its a question not something that warrents a thread.

RahenyFG

The Irish Times like the Indo are cutting costs drastically to stay open, the amount of polls will be far and few between. After the success of their last poll maybe Paddy Power polls will become a regular thing. Dont think we need a thread on this though, its a question not something that warrents a thread.
How come the SBP can afford regular opinion polls and The Irish Times can't?

jmcc

The Irish Times has Myhome.ie and "lifestyle" journalists. The SBP has news.

Regards...jmcc

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
Does anyone know when the next Irish Times mrbi opinion poll out? I'd be interested to see if it corresponds with what the Sunday Business Post Red C polls have been predicting lately. I wonder also how bad FF will do and if FG will regain support after the last Irish Times poll put them at 24% during the pairings crisis. Perhaps the Irish Times poll will confirm the increase in SF support.
Not heard, but going by last year, it'd be most likely in January (they had a poll at the end of Sept, and the next one was end of Jan this year). My favourite archive is here
Guth an Phobail - guthanphobail.net

Given the general flurry of activity they may bring it forward.

Last one was very badly timed for FG, and since then Noonan has performed very ably (much better than Richard Bruton was, IMO), so I'd expect them to do much better in this one.

SF likewise have have an extremely good month, so I'd expect them to be well up.

Given most are competing largely with LP, one would have to presume they'll be squeezed.

FF are possibly as far down as you can go, although I suppose we keep thinking that .....

jmcc

Could SF overtake FF in the next poll?

Regards...jmcc

RahenyFG

Could SF overtake FF in the next poll?

Regards...jmcc
There's a sight I'd love to see. They'll probably overtake FF in the opinion poll but they won't win more seats in the general election than FF. In the pre-1987 Irish Times election poll, the PDs were put at 23% while FG was at 19%. In the end, the PDs won 14 seats while FG won 51 seats.

cathal201

There's a sight I'd love to see. They'll probably overtake FF in the opinion poll but they won't win more seats in the general election than FF. In the pre-1987 Irish Times election poll, the PDs were put at 23% while FG was at 19%. In the end, the PDs won 14 seats while FG won 51 seats.
Same thing could happen with Labour this time as what happened the PDs then. When it comes to the time when people have the pencil in their hand, alot more votes will be cast for FG than is predicted, and less for Labour.

RahenyFG

Same thing could happen with Labour this time as what happened the PDs then. When it comes to the time when people have the pencil in their hand, alot more votes will be cast for FG than is predicted, and less for Labour.
+1

the over exaggeration of the support of third parties can be taken too seriously. The Lib Dems in the UK last year, The Tea Party movement this year in the US and Labour in Ireland. Labour were at 20% in the opinion polls last year before the local elections yet in reality they were at 14% in the real thing.

Panopticon

The real answer is that the Irish Times has a large foreign and domestic reporting staff, while the Sunday Business Post doesn't. Check out the bylines some time; there's a heroic amount of work being done by about 10 people.

Panopticon

I think the PDs were actually on 23% and FG on 19% in the poll immediately after the PDs were founded. They went down to the 10% mark after the media circus ended.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies