When the screwing had to stop

Shpake

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0627/973639-hiv-criminal-court/

I don't even know how to feel about this case, let alone figure it out.

my first gut instinct is to think: "Why do the Irish institutions and players always plug for anonymity"... and why is it allowed and encouraged?
whether in HSE malpractice suits , clerical child-abuse cases or in case of Aids transmission.

Below is an example of how the French do things:
"Charmer" who knowingly infected woman with HIV is jailed for 12 years

All out in the open. or there is the example of the Ched Evans Rape case... only the victim enjoyed (temporarily) anonymity.

Would it not be better if all this whispering stopped. Do the Irish authorities make too much use of anonymity?

I concede that there are arguments for and against.

I would agree that this thread raises more questions than answers.

Sync

It's up to the alleged victims. If they want to waive anonymity they can. The article makes it patently clear you can't release the alleged offender's name without also revealing at least one of the victims.

That said, there should be a public safety clause as well. If he's convicted; releasing his name could allow other people realise they may be infected as well and seek medical and legal support. In this sort of case I'd argue to public safety angle outweighs the other concerns.

Dedogs

my first gut instinct is to think: "Why do the Irish institutions and players always plug for anonymity"... and why is it allowed and encouraged?
whether in HSE malpractice suits , clerical child-abuse cases or in case of Aids transmission.

All out in the open. or there is the example of the Ched Evans Rape case... only the victim enjoyed (temporarily) anonymity.

Would it not be better if all this whispering stopped. Do the Irish authorities make too much use of anonymity?

was a female prostitute ever charger for givin lads cockrot or is this more of the only lads can be criminals stuff????

Sync

was a female prostitute ever charger for givin lads cockrot or is this more of the only lads can be criminals stuff????
#askingforafriend

Shpake

It's up to the alleged victims. If they want to waive anonymity they can. The article makes it patently clear you can't release the alleged offender's name without also revealing at least one of the victims.

That said, there should be a public safety clause as well. If he's convicted; releasing his name could allow other people realise they may be infected as well and seek medical and legal support. In this sort of case I'd argue to public safety angle outweighs the other concerns.
I take a more protective attitude. The govt should be more pro-active in informing the general population. My experience is that as long as all this remains anonymous, it remains vague. People learn much faster and better from first or second hand experience. So if we all knew that Mary McWhateverherName_is caught a dose after hopping from beds in Tiflis to daClap, the general population would cotton on pretty fast.

Shpake

The classic defence is to blame the other party first before they can put the blame on you.

Sync

I take a more protective attitude. The govt should be more pro-active in informing the general population. My experience is that as long as all this remains anonymous, it remains vague. People learn much faster and better from first or second hand experience. So if we all knew that Mary McWhateverherName_is caught a dose after hopping from beds in Tiflis to daClap, the general population would cotton on pretty fast.
Sher why not just go the whole hog and publicise everyone getting treatment for an STD...

Shpake

Sher why not just go the whole hog and publicise everyone getting treatment for an STD...
Your suggestion is not without merit. Especially for the professional ladies (and gents) of the night. the status and progress of the infection could be posted up on facebook. But all this entails much greater government control, such as in Holland or that. It could be a very good idea.

Lagertha

It's a difficult one to call. On the one hand you have the victims right to anonymity but on the other hand you have the anonymity of the criminal preserved and the public is oblivious so it's easier for them to repeat offend. Look at the case the other day where a sex offender who is particularly dangerous to children, did a runner. He served 1 year of a 2 year sentence, re offended when released, was given another 2 year sentence with 1 year suspended and now he's on the run and a bench warrant was issued for him. What kind of Judges do we have in this country?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/warrant-issued-for-arrest-of-sex-offender-with-predilection-for-juveniles-37056470.html

Ramon Mercadar

Dedogs

Everytime you open your mouth you stick your pr1ck in it.
mate you want to stop lissenin to your missus shes a shockin woman for exaggerating.... o and remind her she owes me for the last time as well would you.... :D:D:D

Shpake

Its a really good advice
It doesn't matter if there's a heatwave on. The message is and has always been -- (or at least since Ancient Greek & Roman times)
No matter matter if they tell you it's a heatwave,
"Always wear a raincoat"

ruman

The HSE tried to gag Vicky Phelan but she told them to do one. The HSE uses taxpayers funds to try and bully their victims into silence.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/bray-people/20180502/283085594804343

'orebel

In 2010, she went to the doctor suffering from abdominal pains and was diagnosed with chlamydia. The doctor then said she should be tested for everything and she found out that she was HIV positive.

She said she was with her mother and was in shock. When she told the man she said she did not remember what he said but she remembered that he blamed it on her.

The woman went on to have two children with the man.......

......The woman admitted she was still in contact with the man, sending him messages and video messages in January this year.
:shock2:

Hunter-Gatherer

Surely Anybody dumb enough to do a hooeer without a condom deserves to be openly ridiculed ? Why not share a heroin needle with her too ?

Popular Threads

Most Replies