When will Jonny Ronan's Private Jet be repossessed?

anewbeginning

Reading in the Sindo, Ronan flew to Morocco with Rosanna Davidson in a private jet.

Is this the same Ronan who owes a billion euro to NAMA/taxpayer, and the reason he owes the taxpayer is he is unable to pay off the banks.

This guy cannot pay the banks yet has a Mayback, houses all over the world, private jet, probably a yacht.

What the hell is going on here? What sort of joke of a country do we have when clowns like Ronan remain untouched despite losing a billion euro of what will eventually be taxpayer's money.

And he rubs all our noses in it by flying all over the world in a private jet, ultimately paid for by all of us.

Does anyone else see similarities with France on the eve of the Revolution? A gilded elite who can do anything and are parasites on society.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
This is Politics.ie.

Just a reminder.

Despite what the mainstream media (or a number of them) seem to think - I don't think this is news.

What Jonny Ronan does with his plane or anything else is really none of the concern of Politics.ie IMHO.

johnfás

When and if he cannot keep up his repayments - is the obvious answer to your question.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
What Jonny Ronan does with his plane or anything else is really none of the concern of Politics.ie IMHO.
David, I'm absolutely baffled by this statement. A man we taxpayers are bailing out is still living a high lifestyle and seemingly has not had to sell off any assets to make up his huge loss. This isn't merely gossip.

P.

Grumpy Jack

David, I'm absolutely baffled by this statement. A man we taxpayers are bailing out is still living a high lifestyle and seemingly has not had to sell off any assets to make up his huge loss. This isn't merely gossip.

P.
I may be wrong but are we not bailing out his companies, not Ronan personally? There is a big difference.

greengoose2

This is Politics.ie.

Just a reminder.

Despite what the mainstream media (or a number of them) seem to think - I don't think this is news.

That's a rather strange reply.

Firstly, it is news.

Secondly, what Jonny does with his plane is of paramount interest to anyone who has to bear the brunt of these developers misdeeds. That would be a good portion of P.ie's members.

Perhaps you are doing a Louis XIV on this...

L'Etat c'est Moi

johnfás

I may be wrong but are we not bailing out his companies, not Ronan personally? There is a big difference.
Or perhaps even one might consider that we are not bailing out either - we are bailing out the banks who lent Treasury Holdings and other associated companies money. They still owe that money and NAMA has made it clear that they will be rigorously pursuing their debtors.

Beyond that, I have seen nothing to suggest that Treasury are a defaulting debtor to the banks. We have seen this in relation to many developers but Treasury have not come up in the news in this respect. Much of their development is overseas in any case. NAMA is taking on all major development loans from the banks, one would want to do a little more digging before they state whether or not one loan is or is not performing. To do otherwise simply discredits one's argument.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
If we weren't bailing out his companies, then they would collapse and he would no longer be earning money to maintain his very visible and ostentacious lifestyle. The distinction is rather Jesuitical.

P.

chadmikeymicheals

Or perhaps even one might consider that we are not bailing out either - we are bailing out the banks who lent Treasury Holdings and other associated companies money. They still owe that money and NAMA has made it clear that they will be rigorously pursuing their debtors.

Beyond that, I have seen nothing to suggest that Treasury are a defaulting debtor to the banks. We have seen this in relation to many developers but Treasury have not come up in the news in this respect. Much of their development is overseas in any case. NAMA is taking on all major development loans from the banks, one would want to do a little more digging before they state whether or not one loan is or is not performing. To do otherwise simply discredits one's argument.
but why would they be taking over loans that are performing?

Grumpy Jack

If we weren't bailing out his companies, then they would collapse and he would no longer be earning money to maintain his very visible and ostentacious lifestyle. The distinction is rather Jesuitical.

P.
I think Johnfas has summed up the situation. We are bailing out the banks, not Ronan and not his companies. There has been nothing to suggest Treasury Holdings or any of his other companies are in the same trouble as Liam Carroll and his firms or John Fleming and his.

Also, does Ronan even own the jet he flew to Morocco on with Rosanna? Could it not have been hired by him for the jaunt?

Time and again, people on P.ie jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Has anyone out there any functioning critical faculties?

greengoose2

I think Johnfas has summed up the situation. We are bailing out the banks, not Ronan and not his companies. There has been nothing to suggest Treasury Holdings or any of his other companies are in the same trouble as Liam Carroll and his firms or John Fleming and his.

Also, does Ronan even own the jet he flew to Morocco on with Rosanna? Could it not have been hired by him for the jaunt?

Time and again, people on P.ie jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Has anyone out there any functioning critical faculties?
Can we rely on yours? After a credibility check that it!!! :rolleyes:

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
If Treasury Holdings have no problems with their debts and can pay back the banks in a timely manner... why have their been transferred in the first place?

P.

Malbekh

but why would they be taking over loans that are performing?
I stand to be corrected, but the biggest loans are being transferred to NAMA first, not necessarily the worst performing loans. Treasury Holdings have a number of preforming assets in the UK, and I believe that Ronan and his directors are none too pleased in having to be namafied.

Of course, this brings us back to the way the legislation has been worded which prevents us, the ones paying for all this, access to the details of transfers from individual companies. We just get the global report to allegedly protect their legal and financial requirements.

Mr Cochrane is right, if Ronan wants to act like an egotistical prat while he still has access to funds, that's between him and his financiers, idle gossip and allegations about his seedy and lothario liaisons with vacuous celebrities of no commercial value are not the place for politics.ie. We should not concern ourselves whatsoever that a man of common sense, let alone common business sense, is having a complete failure in listening to his advisers that now would be a good time to keep a low profile.

And no, we are not his financiers....... yet.

At least, unlike Derek Quinlan, he is still in the country...

'orebel

I stand to be corrected, but the biggest loans are being transferred to NAMA first, not necessarily the worst performing loans. Treasury Holdings have a number of preforming assets in the UK, and I believe that Ronan and his directors are none too pleased in having to be namafied.
I think that's correct Malbekh. I heard Owen O' Callaghan on the radio recently bemoaning his namafication. He also maintained that all his loans were performing.

Grumpy Jack

If Treasury Holdings have no problems with their debts and can pay back the banks in a timely manner... why have their been transferred in the first place?

P.
Why indeed? Owen O'Callaghan asked the same question.

Owen O'Callaghan, who developed the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre in Dublin, Mahon Point in Cork and Arthur's Quay in Limerick, said all his loans were performing and there was absolutely no reason for him to have anything to do with NAMA.

He said today that he and his company were being dragged into NAMA and were being given no say in the matter.

RT Business
I stand to be corrected but is NAMA not taking on all these loans from the banks, whether they are performing or not?

Anorakphobia

Facts?
Ok where is the factual proof that Treasury isn't distressed?
Making lazy assumptions that their overseas stuff is hunky dory and profitable is not fact, unless you're Barry Egan "immensely wealthy property mogul Ronan yadda yadda etc..."

The FACT is we just don’t know and again massive blame has to go to FF.
Lenihan knows how sickeningly a pill NAMA is for the man on the street and should have had the cop on to drag every one of these clowns into a room and tell them to display some level of humbleness for what their country was being forced to do for them.
But no instead of that we get most of them giving a two fingered salute (let's not forget ex Tax man Quinlan simply upping sticks and moving to Switzerland, charming) by actually upping their already lavish lifestyles, stroking their vanity that they are still immensely wealthy.
What we do know via NAMA is their domestic stiff is predictably every bit as crappy as their peers.

On a personal note you would have to admire Ronan for fooling two models half his age that he was still fabulously wealthy.
"Oh look a private plane, he must be minted"

You have to laugh at the naivety but sure if it gets the job done with Davison and Gilson, it's one area I won't knock the diminutive bearded lothario.

Grumpy Jack

Facts?
Ok where is the factual proof that Treasury isn't distressed?
Where is the factual proof that Treasury is distressed? We know for a fact that the companies of Carroll and Fleming are f**ked because a bank took court action against them, the financial problems of both groups were revealed in court and the courts refused to give them protection.

We cannot say the same for Treasury at this time. Just because somebody on P.ie declares it so does not make it true. If a bank/banks take similar action against Treasury, its financial position is revealed in court to be in big trouble and a judge/judges refuse it court protection, then we can say it is "distressed".

Until then, it is just the usual ignorant rant on P.ie.

Libero

Where is the factual proof that Treasury is distressed? We know for a fact that the companies of Carroll and Fleming are f**ked because a bank took court action against them, the financial problems of both groups were revealed in court and the courts refused to give them protection.

We cannot say the same for Treasury at this time. Just because somebody on P.ie declares it so does not make it true. If a bank/banks take similar action against Treasury, its financial position is revealed in court to be in big trouble and a judge/judges refuse it court protection, then we can say it is "distressed".

Until then, it is just the usual ignorant rant on P.ie.
Do you think we should be told which debtors are behind on their loans?

Or is this commercially confidential information, and we're not fit to be told, even though it's our tax revenues that underwrite NAMA?

Don't you think that if loans made to the Treasury group were all performing, they would have told us by now? It's not like Mr Ronan is a shrinking violet. And the MD of Treasury, John Bruder, told the Irish Times that “The good, the bad and the ugly will be going in...”
The good, the bad and the ugly | The Irish Times

Grumpy Jack

Do you think we should be told which debtors are behind on their loans?

Or is this commercially confidential information, and we're not fit to be told, even though it's our tax revenues that underwrite NAMA?

Don't you think that if loans made to the Treasury group were all performing, they would have told us by now? It's not like Mr Ronan is a shrinking violet. And the MD of Treasury, John Bruder, told the Irish Times that “The good, the bad and the ugly will be going in...”
The good, the bad and the ugly | The Irish Times
Yes we should be told, whether it is commercially sensitive or not - we're being made to pay for it all.

Maybe Treasury is in trouble but until we see the figures we can't make a judgement.

My point is that bald statements are being made on P.ie without any facts to back them up.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies