Where are all the FF Avatars Gone ?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I'm a member of FF but I don't use a party badge as I am critical of the government because of its indecision and lack of leadership during this crisis. Most of the views I express my own personal ones, I have never followed the party line in any case, hence I don't use the badge. Anyway I am probably about one of 10 people on the libertarian wing of FF which would make me part of the smallest minority in Ireland :)
What a weird thing to be! An effing effer who implicitly opposes state intervention in the market for political purposes.

I can imagine the cognitive dissonance is deafening.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I'm pretty new to this site and can't comment on the former presence of FFers but I am aware that a number of formerly proud FFers now eek their living, or a good portion of it from the state coffers. Remember the type who used to sneer at the "pontificating tone" adopted by those who thought that the Bert should go.

Now that the prevailing wind has changed direction, some of these formerly proud party members will switch allegiance so as to protect what they hold. Smoke them out I say!
Indeed ... and the Labour Party in particular needs to beware of a wave of carpet baggers applying for membership, offering funds, etc..

Mondo

...maybe the've gone all espionage and realised its better go under-cover and concentrate their efforts on derailing posts.

I'd be interested to know though if any of them have actually had their eyes opened to a better world beyond FF, and thanks to Politics.ie and defected accordingly.

As long as its not aimed at 'outing' people I would love to see a new thread on that.

Never had one, never intended having one, never will have one ................what was your infantile point again OP ?

Edo

Having an avatar of any stripe tends to narrow the tolerance other posters have for you around here.

I had the FG one for about 3 weeks in 2007 and the abuse I got was unbelievable - the raggin I can handle - but the complete dismissal of what you are saying just cos of your avatar is infantile and nuts - but it shows the way posters minds operate around here.

Tea Party Patriot

What a weird thing to be! An effing effer who implicitly opposes state intervention in the market for political purposes.

I can imagine the cognitive dissonance is deafening.
Well the way I look at it is that Labour certainly aren't going to move away from interveaning in the economy, Fine Gale can't escape being tied to Labour, the PD's are no more, so FF are the best of a bad lot, and don't take that as praising FF in any way. If I was in Texas I woud be a firm Ron Paul voter, but I know of no party in Ireland that can espouse to sound economic ideals.

Goldencircle

Fianna Failers are so :x ing stupid they can't work the avatar panal

Tiocfaidh_Armani

Well the way I look at it is that Labour certainly aren't going to move away from interveaning in the economy, Fine Gale can't escape being tied to Labour, the PD's are no more, so FF are the best of a bad lot, and don't take that as praising FF in any way. If I was in Texas I woud be a firm Ron Paul voter, but I know of no party in Ireland that can espouse to sound economic ideals.
Try and abolish social welfare in Ireland, like he would, and there would be riots. I love on Paul's foreign policy though :)

Cassandra Syndrome

Where are all the FF posters here of late?

Has anyone noticed them? Haven't seen that avatar of treason of late. Have you?

Why is that? Weren't the right to be abusive of NAMA deniers a year ago?

Why aren't they out gloating about how great things are now?

derm0t

Typical blueshirt comment. Play the ball, not the man.

Youze would have done nothin different anyways. Yer all the same. We had 13 great years, ye should be grateful for that. Imagine how messed up itd be now if Enda was in.

anyway, shouldn't Enda resign? FG only on 33%, ffs. That's the real question the plain people of ireland want answered, going forward.

Cassandra Syndrome

Typical blueshirt comment. Play the ball, not the man.

Youze would have done nothin different anyways. Yer all the same. We had 13 great years, ye should be grateful for that. Imagine how messed up itd be now if Enda was in.

anyway, shouldn't Enda resign? FG only on 33%, ffs. That's the real question the plain people of ireland want answered, going forward.
I hate Fine Gael too you muppet. 13 great years? All expansion of credit.

1997 Total Debt to GNP 150%
2010 Total Debt to GNP 800%

Any eejit can borrow in money to the country. Wake up.

Mondo

25% Spinning like crazy
25% Shredding the avaris archives
25% Stocking up on tinned foods, batteries for the shortwave radio and shotgun carts
25% Hung over - big hooley last night about how well the announcement went

100% under orders to wait for further instruction from the mothership. The lies must all match up after all.

Congalltee

They are taking a break from politics. Some will leave FF and join Labour
- the urban version of the party, others will make a seismic jump by joining a centre right populist party which accepts corporate donations. The rest will fall silent, until this government falls in the spring, and then attack the arrogance, incompetence and leaderless government of Kenny and Gilmore and once FF get back into power - as it has always done after being In opposition unless political reform occurs - they will be rewarded for their loyalty.

Aindriu

Hiding and vehemently denying that they have anything to do with Fianna FAIL if they have any sense.

Wait, if they had any sense they wouldn't have joined FF in the first place would they? petunia

turdsl

It was very sad to see the young Fianna Fail candidate continue the line of his masters, No IMF, we would lose our sovereignty, At the same time the IMF were walking up Grafton St, How sad for the young man .He is branded for life.

Furze

Hiding and vehemently denying that they have anything to do with Fianna FAIL if they have any sense.

Wait, if they had any sense they wouldn't have joined FF in the first place would they? petunia
Is there a list of these subordinates ?
Is there a list of the 89 tax amnesty beneficiaries?
Is there a list of the 91 tax amnesty beneficiaries?
Is there a list of the SSIA beneficiaries?

drjimryan2

i'm here.......and have been all along........

thinking of the 2.5 mill odd in that siptu account andof course the 250 million odd the 'republican movement' reportedly have 'off shore'.....time for real patriotism, i rekon....

still here.....

derm0t

I hate Fine Gael too you muppet. 13 great years? All expansion of credit.

1997 Total Debt to GNP 150%
2010 Total Debt to GNP 800%

Any eejit can borrow in money to the country. Wake up.

I thought the "going forward" would be a giveaway. I was taking the piss! It just seems so eFFing forlorn without the Soldiers of Dysentery in the place.

My Dad is almost 70, and hates FF to the point of neurosis. My one hope is that, given his age, he lives to see the next GE. Though, I have warned him:

"You'll miss them when they're gone".

He's going to have to find SOMEONE to fill his hate-hole, poor man.

You'll be hearing more from me as Election time approaches. I've got some ideas you might like.

dresden8

Not to mention SPN.

He must have gotten tired defending the scumbags of destiny.

Legacy

i'm here.......and have been all along........

thinking of the 2.5 mill odd in that siptu account andof course the 250 million odd the 'republican movement' reportedly have 'off shore'.....time for real patriotism, i rekon....

still here.....
Would you mind working out those amounts as a percentage of our current national indebtedness? My calculator has run out of zeros..... Would appreciate it thanks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies