Health 15.33 21%
Education 10.09 14%
Justice 2.58 4%
Agriculture 1.53 2%
Debt Servicing/EU Payments 10.78 15%
Transport 2 3%
Other 10.2 14%

Total 72.51 100%

So you can work out exactly how much of your tax went on what.

gerhard dengler

The "State" was allowed grow from circa €25 billion annual expenditure in 2001, to circa €49 billion by 2008 (and this was before the global financial crisis set in 2008).

I've seen no justification as to why this was permitted and encouraged to happen.

Our population size did not double between 2001 and 2008, so why did expenditure by this State double?

hollandia

The "State" was allowed grow from circa €25 billion annual expenditure in 2001, to circa €49 billion by 2008 (and this was before the global financial crisis set in 2008).

I've seen no justification as to why this was permitted and encouraged to happen.

Our population size did not double between 2001 and 2008, so why did expenditure by this State double?
Because we were transitioning from a backward hell hole to a modern society.

HarshBuzz

Now do the other side of the equation and tell us where 'my tax' is collected from.

Please.

HarshBuzz

Because we're a crowd of irresponsible short termists.

hammer

"On Debt Servicing, we spend €6.29bn - almost two thirds as much as we spend on the HSE"

Where did you get this nugget.

Health - don't get me started
Add in private healthcare premiums, doctors fees, DPS / GMS payments, A&E charges, consultancy fees not covered etc... and you feckin doomsters want more and more.

HarshBuzz

reg11

Much of you're tax goes into the property black hole to maintain the wealth of our political, legal and media elite. In addition to maintaining the property investments of the masses who for the most part had no choice about having to buy into an evil extortionate racket in order to have a home.

The beneficiaries of your tax money in the form of salaries to public sector workers are overly burdened with property related financing. Relieve them of that then not so much of your tax money need be spent on p.s. salaries. It's obvious that for money spent there couldn't be a corresponding delivery of services like in other countries who aren't so entrapped by property.

There are too many aholes with charts who've no interest in addressing the real causes. Why?

hollandia

Much of you're tax goes into the property black hole to maintain the wealth of our political, legal and media elite. In addition to maintaining the property investments of the masses who for the most part had no choice about having to buy into an evil extortionate racket in order to have a home.

The beneficiaries of your tax money in the form of salaries to public sector workers are overly burdened with property related financing. Relieve them of that then not so much of your tax money need be spent on p.s. salaries. It's obvious that for money spent there couldn't be a corresponding delivery of services like in other countries who aren't so entrapped by property.

There are too many aholes with charts who've no interest in addressing the real causes. Why?
How much? Which sector of expenditure does it fall under? What proportion of overall tax spend?

Show your workings.

hollandia

"On Debt Servicing, we spend €6.29bn - almost two thirds as much as we spend on the HSE"

Where did you get this nugget.

Health - don't get me started
Add in private healthcare premiums, doctors fees, DPS / GMS payments, A&E charges, consultancy fees not covered etc... and you feckin doomsters want more and more.
From the government figures, hammer. Fact. Look it up. I've provided both a link, and instructions on how to drill down into the figures. You can't bullsh1t this one. I even posted the government published graph of the 6.29 billion up thread along with the government published graph of how much is spent on the HSE. and last time i was in maths class 6.29 billion was almost two thirds of 10 billion.

FFS.

Dedogs

Now do the other side of the equation and tell us where 'my tax' is collected from.

Please.
ordinry workers thats who mate!!!! the big lads and companies get their accountants to swing it that they have to pay ************************ all!!!!

reg11

How much? Which sector of expenditure does it fall under? What proportion of overall tax spend?

Show your workings.
It's not rocket science. You're seeing it from where your tax money goes. We won't ask how you 'earn' that money on which you're taxed. Now see it from the beneficiary of that tax money in the form of a salary. Where does his/her money go? I can safely say that a disproportionate amount on average goes property financing. Who benefits from that? Do you? Who suffers because so much has to be spent on paying the people delivering services?

hollandia

It's not rocket science. You're seeing it from where your tax money goes. We won't ask how you 'earn' that money on which you're taxed. Now see it from the beneficiary of that tax money in the form of a salary. Where does his/her money go? I can safely say that a disproportionate amount on average goes property financing. Who benefits from that? Do you? Who suffers because so much has to be spent on paying the people delivering services?
So show your workings if it isn't rocket science.

gerhard dengler

gerhard dengler said:

Today's edition of politics.ie comedy gold.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom