Where does my tax go?

HarshBuzz

Think back to the heady days of 2009/2010 when people who had hitherto been hardworking contributers suddenly weren't and had nary a pot to p1ss in. You reckon a tax credit would have been useful then?
That's where the new unemployment benefit rules kick in. :cool:

Tiered to a % of your previous income (75% to start with and tapering off over time). Works in many other countries that we like to think of as progressive.

gerhard dengler

A couple of unmarried mothers live nearby. Very nice girls but well up on how to beat the system. Both got council houses and both work part time and claim FIS. The boyfriends stay over most nights but are only classed as visitors as they do not reside there full time.The more I see of it only a fool would work full time in this country and take out a mortgage.
I'm seeing something similar. A couple of houses purchased in 2006/7 for extortionate amounts close to me, were re-possessed recently.
These re-possessed properties were sold by a liquidator.

The new purchaser of these properties struck a deal to lease out the properties to the local councils. In neighbouring properties you have people with huge mortgages trying to repay same, while those now occupying the re-possessed properties are living in state rent supported tenancies.

I've counselled the p1ssed off people to bide their time. When you've lived in the same location for a long time, you do see properties changing hands and no doubt the new purchasers will sell on as well.

hollandia

That's where the new unemployment benefit rules kick in. 8

Ah right. The imaginary new unemployment benefit. That system works in the Netherlands, but we don't have a particularly joined up method of governance.

FunkyBoogaloo

"Fund MNC's and their operations here". Say what ?
They pay corporation taxes, payroll taxes not to mentions rates. They employ a considerable amount of people who also pay taxes.

There's little support of indigenous industry here, which certainly is more deserving of support.
Starting a business that employs people rather then becoming a lawyer, accountant, doctor should be actively encouraged and rewarded her.

All businesses try to minimise their tax liabilities, they're not charities. Do you try to maximise your own tax liablility ?
"Say what?"... What is so difficult to understand about the very simple (and accurate) response I provided to the question posed by the thread title?

And they employ over 100,000 Irish taxpayers. be grateful they are here
:roll:

damus

Today i met Tom . Tom is 58 and has worked for a total of 4 years in his entire life . He picks us around €300 per week and his wife works 20 or so hours . He also has had 4 insurance claims , the last been just last year when he picked up €40k for a bump while in a parked car in a filling station , with that and his savings he bought a house because that € 40k would have impacted his benefits .

That is where your tax goes and until we put cnunts like Tom on benefit limitations and or food stamps that is where it will go .
Social welfare has access to payouts on insurance claims and they'd also be asking questions about where he got the rest of the money to purchase a house.

hollandia

Social welfare has access to payouts on insurance claims and they'd also be asking questions about where he got the rest of the money to purchase a house.
Tom had two pints in his hand...

HarshBuzz

That's where the new unemployment benefit rules kick in. 8

Ah right. The imaginary new unemployment benefit. That system works in the Netherlands, but we don't have a particularly joined up method of governance.
why can't we have such a joined-up system? why shrug our shoulders and give up on any possibility of improvement?

Sweet Darling

mate im not worth a ************************e at maths only id say an ordinry man is payin more out of every euro he earns than a lad on a few hundred thou is!!!!
You are right.;)……...On your first point

hollandia

Nah it were four & dont forget the one's held by their left & right foot too. Better embellish those stereotypes.
We'll he can afford four pints with his fifth claim.

Last edited:

Analyzer

Where does Slab murFy's tax go ?

Factchecker

I have found a way to get the effective tax rate down to between 25 and 33% in future years. I found a way to get it down even lower but I would have to go non-resident but I don't want to have to do that until the place gets disgustingly Islamified, as is happening in the UK etc.
care to share? Very curious....

cobhguy

Today i met Tom . Tom is 58 and has worked for a total of 4 years in his entire life . He picks us around €300 per week and his wife works 20 or so hours . He also has had 4 insurance claims , the last been just last year when he picked up €40k for a bump while in a parked car in a filling station , with that and his savings he bought a house because that € 40k would have impacted his benefits .

That is where your tax goes and until we put cnunts like Tom on benefit limitations and or food stamps that is where it will go .
So tom just bought a house. So now he will not be entitled to rent allowance ect. So tom has just saved the tax payer money. Thank you tom.

toughbutfair

15bn on health is ridiculous, €3,000 for every adult and child in the country plus the money we spend on insurance plus the money we spend for actually using the hospital. Doctors , nurses and management are ALL ripping us off

toughbutfair

We're not spending a fraction of what we should on health.

Our taxes are still going to bankers and elites as a pat on the back for their failures. FF and FG are at fault, as are the Labour and Green subs benches.
Anything to back up your claim that the figures are false?

Patslatt1

Where is the €25 Billion that is spent on pay, perks and pensions for the insiders?

Or the additional €600 Billion that will be going in pay, perks and pensions from this year on?
Another highly relevant statistic, what is total government spending as a percentage of the national income?

Patslatt1

15bn on health is ridiculous, €3,000 for every adult and child in the country plus the money we spend on insurance plus the money we spend for actually using the hospital. Doctors , nurses and management are ALL ripping us off
We like a hospital in every town, maybe around 28 to 42 acute care hospitals depending on definitions. A dozen would do.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom