• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

where is gay mitchell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

constitutionus

just something apropo the thread on maurice ahern.

wheres gay? i havent seen or heard hide nor hair of him since he had a meltdown on the last word . none of his posters are in my area or my mothers (dublin midwest/south west) , which is annoying as i really wanted to mess with one. the posters i have seen were only in the city centre and are vastly out numbered by other candidates (by the way, MUST commend the genius who thought the best profile was to have a pic of him with his head in the clouds :) :) ). i dont recall seeing him on RTE doing the hustings or hearing him on the radio there either.

this guy is supposed to be favorite to top the poll but he seems to be keeping his head down. even franks got a few headlines lately and appeared on VBs TV3 program, but gays a no show. are FG actively hiding the guy?

maybe ive just missed it but lately he's been great entertainment when he goes all jim corr and i usually get to at least hear if hes going on a show or not.

anyone got any links to recent media appearances of mister tinfoil hat?

turdsl

I hope he wins Europe,One thing i did agree with Bertie he is just a waffler and throws
his toys out when he does not get his way like on the radio with Mr Savage.

Iarmhi Gael

Gay Mitchell is god.

There are two hands that can beat a royal flush. Gay Mitchell's right hand and Gay Michelll's left hand.
Gay Mitchell's calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Gay Mitchell.
Gay Mitchell once won a game of connect 4 in 3 moves

Eorna

He is probably spending the 400k he claimed in expenses last year, double what some other Irish meps claimed. I can guarantee that Gay will be fighting to make sure that he stays on that pigs back.

Weliveinhope

Gay's been out and about, I met him on Grafton St last week canvassing.

adamirer

just something apropo the thread on maurice ahern.

wheres gay? i havent seen or heard hide nor hair of him since he had a meltdown on the last word . none of his posters are in my area or my mothers (dublin midwest/south west) ,

maybe ive just missed it but lately he's been great entertainment when he goes all jim corr and i usually get to at least hear if hes going on a show or not.

anyone got any links to recent media appearances of mister tinfoil hat?
I'm in Lucan, plenty of posters out here.. there was a dearth of them in Ballyfermot, but they did go up.. sadly, in 'certain' areas the FG posters (locals too) have been removed and the lefties erm... left up

davehiggz

He is probably spending the 400k he claimed in expenses last year, double what some other Irish meps claimed. I can guarantee that Gay will be fighting to make sure that he stays on that pigs back.
I don't know much about MEP's expenses however from what I heard they're performance related and figures show that Mitchell has spent the most time in the parliament, being there 92% of the time. Now that's what I call representation :)

west'sawake

Absolutely spot on. Nose in the trough and then ar droim na muice.

TommyO'Brien

A lie.

MEPs hire staff and the staff are paid by the MEP from an allowance. Most of his €400,000 goes on staff costs and travel costs.

As for his claim being "double" what some MEPs claimed, the only person he was double, was Mary Lou McDonald. The reason he was double was because he has a record of attending the parliament 92% of the time, one of the highest of any MEP. Her attendance rate is an appalling (and frankly disgraceful) 55%. Where MEPs cant be bothered turning up for up to half of the parliamentary year their allowance is cut in half. That is why MLM's allowance was half of Mitchell's.

It is ironic finding SF claiming that as MLM only didn't half the job, and so only got half the allowances, that makes her more cost-efficient! I don't remember her in 2004 running for election to half-a-job, do you?

The system of payments will be changing in the next parliament. Rather than staff being employed by the MEP and paid for with funds given to the MEP by parliament, they will become parliamentary staff and be paid directly. It makes more sense if working for a member of parliament and being paid for effectively by parliament to be paid directly by parliament.

west'sawake

A lie.

MEPs hire staff and the staff are paid by the MEP from an allowance. Most of his €400,000 goes on staff costs and travel costs.

As for his claim being "double" what some MEPs claimed, the only person he was double, was Mary Lou McDonald. The reason he was double was because he has a record of attending the parliament 92% of the time, one of the highest of any MEP. Her attendance rate is an appalling (and frankly disgraceful) 55%. Where MEPs cant be bothered turning up for up to half of the parliamentary year their allowance is cut in half. That is why MLM's allowance was half of Mitchell's.

It is ironic finding SF claiming that as MLM only didn't half the job, and so only got half the allowances, that makes her more cost-efficient! I don't remember her in 2004 running for election to half-a-job, do you?

The system of payments will be changing in the next parliament. Rather than staff being employed by the MEP and paid for with funds given to the MEP by parliament, they will become parliamentary staff and be paid directly. It makes more sense if working for a member of parliament and being paid for effectively by parliament to be paid directly by parliament.

If each MEP on average costs the European Tax payer 350,000 euro and not to mention the other expenses and costs in running the Parliament in two locations; is not time for us to serioulsy question the worth of a talking shop with about as much power as our Seanad has in relation to the Dail?

Quite frankly this multi layered allusion of democracy that we now live in is an extravagant farce. It is a vast system of political patronage which more and more party hacks live off, from local to national , from quango to NGO be it at home or aborad, be it at european level or the U.N, yet the very institutions to which we do have a vote are the very ones that have become shell institutions with little real power, be it county councils, borough councils, upper or lower houses in Parliaments, supreme courts, etc; yet all still still costing each tax payer a fortune, just for the semblance of sovereign power.

The European Parliament, the only E.U institution with which we can directly vote for its members, is the one with the least teeth and look what that is costing, probably at least two billion.

The truth is with so many feeding out of that patronage trough, they can hardly call for a cull, for true reform, they are not turkeys who would vote for Christmas. That in essence is why people look to Declan Ganley, whatever his warts, (who doesn't have some). He and Libertas are the only real pro Europeans with a real reform agenda. What's more unlike S.F he is not of the politically correct left.

Last edited:

He3

Gay is where he needs to be, and the less he says in public, the more likely he is to stay there.

constitutionus

YAY !

george said C.I.Gay is coming up on the right hook show circa 5.30. going up against mckenna apparently.

hilarity should ensue :)

goosebump

YAY !

george said C.I.Gay is coming up on the right hook show circa 5.30. going up against mckenna apparently.

hilarity should ensue :)
He should just let her speak and he'd win the debate hands down.

eurosceptic

Gay is home and dry unless he says something very stupid so he is playing it safe. Much like frank ross. Gay will probably be elected on the first count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular Threads

Most Replies