• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Where is the Gathering?

CreolePaddy

Perhaps its the weather, but I'm wondering if the government has buried the Gathering? There was so much spin and hype around this cynical and empty exercise a few months ago, and now silence. Has it achieved its goals already?

firefly123

Oh We all got an invite. You didn't?

Last edited:

johnfás

Advertising to try to get foreigners visit would primarily take place abroad, one would have thought.

SeanieFitz

saw a few fellas hanging around Mitchel's Cresent last night, they seemed to be having an organised gathering of a sort

LamportsEdge

Termonfeckin. 9.30 to 11.00. Pot in every chicken.

DaveMc

Perhaps its the weather, but I'm wondering if the government has buried the Gathering? There was so much spin and hype around this cynical and empty exercise a few months ago, and now silence. Has it achieved its goals already?
:oops:'They came, they saw (nothing), they left'; with a burning sensation where their wallet used to be.

Tough Paddy

Second worst thread ever.

james toney

Heard some went in around temple bar for a few pints,they will never set foot back in Ireland again after being ripped off.

Bill

It's in New York, Connor McLeod and the Kurgan will fight to the death.

tigerben

I'm surprised you haven't seen the crowds of tourists cramming every place of interest , filling up the pubs and eateries and saving the main streets and filling the buses and trains as they go around the rainy windswept little island. Leo has said its been so sucessfull and we know Leo not one more red cent is to be believed.

Spanner Island

You obviously haven't a clue what The Gathering is about...

You should educate yourself a bit more before coming out in public and making a complete t!t of yourself...

There's plenty of info here >>> The Gathering - The Gathering Ireland 2013

Marcos the black

Gathering of a local clan in the pub this weekend.. a good crew coming from the UK to attend..
I'm off to a gathering in Kerry on the 8th June. It's my classmates and my 40th this year so we're having a joint celebration/piss up... Actually Nemesis, a lad coming from Sweden for that, although if you know him, you've probably gone very wrong in your life :)!!

Spanner Island

They haven't advertised in Sweden or Denmark.

Where have they advertised?
Seeing as the primary focus is on the diaspora... I doubt Scandinavia would be top priority tbh...

1st Quarter visits from North America are up nearly 20% this year and the outlook for the rest of the year is that hopefully Ireland will have a record year from North America...

Not all the result of The Gathering of course, but there are plenty of events taking place which are bringing people in... Most of them are small family events - which is what The Gathering has really been all about... and so we won't be seeing the high profile bling events the OP obviously craves... :roll:

Other markets are holding their own but let's face it, with the recession continuing in Europe it's unlikely there'll be any significant growth from there...

Regardless of all that though, I don't expect the begrudgers and the whingers and the miserable gits who never miss an opportunity to have a dig to quit their tedious efforts any time soon...

Lúidín

In 'Phil the Fluters Ball' or the 'Hooley in Hannigan's House Tonight' - well in one of those songs that form the basis of the Government's Gathering strategy, there's a reference to someone who had 'a gatherin' on his neck.
So that's where it is unless some scholar can find an alternative.

Porkypie

Gathering of a local clan in the pub this weekend.. a good crew coming from the UK to attend..
I'm off to a gathering in Kerry on the 8th June. It's my classmates and my 40th this year so we're having a joint celebration/piss up... Actually Nemesis, a lad coming from Sweden for that, although if you know him, you've probably gone very wrong in your life :)!!
We can all go to the North Riding come 8th June. Is that other FG bankster going with you. If so take your tape recorder.

Porkypie

In 'Phil the Fluters Ball' or the 'Hooley in Hannigan's House Tonight' - well in one of those songs that form the basis of the Government's Gathering strategy, there's a reference to someone who had 'a gatherin' on his neck.
So that's where it is unless some scholar can find an alternative.
The gathering has been such a success that Daniel O'Donnell can now retire on the profits

Daniel O'Donnell And Company Limited - Irish Company Info

blokesbloke

Advertising to try to get foreigners visit would primarily take place abroad, one would have thought.
I've seen quite a bit of TV advertising for Irish tourism and it always mentions the Gathering.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies