• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Where to put a geological disposal facility (Nuclear Dump)?

Ó Ghabhainn

************************************g us on the way out the door.

Mickeymac

************************************g us on the way out the door.

Don't think so OG, the unity that exists within the Irish politic is unprecedented, together with the support of the EU, US and most other Countries across the globe is pissing the Brits off bigtime..........and they don't phukkin like it one it, in such a scenario, I doubt their commitment to remain in Ireland for much longer.

Ó Ghabhainn

Don't think so OG, the unity that exists within the Irish politic is unprecedented, together with the support of the EU, US and most other Countries across the globe is pissing the Brits off bigtime..........and they don't phukkin like it one it, in such a scenario, I doubt their commitment to remain in Ireland for much longer.
This is true, though even they don't seem to realise how true it is.

But while unity will come in the next few years, the Brits must be prevented in even attempting to construct a GDF in our area.

There's a petition here though I don't know how effective these are. Still wouldn't hurt to put as many names on there as possible.

rem81

This is true, though even they don't seem to realise how true it is.

But while unity will come in the next few years, the Brits must be prevented in even attempting to construct a GDF in our area.

There's a petition here though I don't know how effective these are. Still wouldn't hurt to put as many names on there as possible.
[video=youtube;NNuEFm2gIKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNuEFm2gIKc[/video]

Robo

No chance, they are looking a site to dump waste from the last 80 years and not just from the UK. They have been reprocessing waste from around the world on top of that. English heavy governments wanting to dump nuclear waste any where but Central England. Its all about London, let London and the surrounding areas deal with their waste.

CatullusV

I worked out some years back that with the price of bailing out Anglo-Irish bondholders with the money that was in the National Pension Fund Reserve we could have had five or six nuclear power stations bought from and brought on line by EDF, the French nuclear power station builder.

We'd have been energy independent by now.
If I didn't pay my mortgage I could be driving an Aston Martin.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
No chance, they are looking a site to dump waste from the last 80 years and not just from the UK. They have been reprocessing waste from around the world on top of that. English heavy governments wanting to dump nuclear waste any where but Central England. Its all about London, let London and the surrounding areas deal with their waste.
I remember back in the late 80s people became aware in North London of a number of cargo trains running through Kentish Town and Camden at weird hours in the middle of the night.

Some curious citizens got on to their local MP and after some checking it transpired that they were running nuclear waste through the centre of London on the local London rail network.

It was halted all of a sudden when public knowledge of it began to gather pace. Hard to believe some of the lunatic stuff that goes on without oversight.

I could hardly believe it being very conscious of the concerns around Sellafield and the controversy over that plant's release of waste water into the Irish sea, and some interesting leukaemia clusters along the eastern coastline in Ireland.

Turned on the television one night not long after taking up a job in London only to find Sellafield being advertised as a tourist attraction and a great day out for the family on ITV.

Jawdropping stuff.

death or glory

Mickeymac

I remember back in the late 80s people became aware in North London of a number of cargo trains running through Kentish Town and Camden at weird hours in the middle of the night.

Some curious citizens got on to their local MP and after some checking it transpired that they were running nuclear waste through the centre of London on the local London rail network.

It was halted all of a sudden when public knowledge of it began to gather pace. Hard to believe some of the lunatic stuff that goes on without oversight.

I could hardly believe it being very conscious of the concerns around Sellafield and the controversy over that plant's release of waste water into the Irish sea, and some interesting leukaemia clusters along the eastern coastline in Ireland.

Turned on the television one night not long after taking up a job in London only to find Sellafield being advertised as a tourist attraction and a great day out for the family on ITV.

Jawdropping stuff.

An Irish politician highlighted similar stuff years ago when he produced photos of newly born four headed calves and the high cancer diagnosis amongst his constituents on that very coast sir.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
An Irish politician highlighted similar stuff years ago when he produced photos of newly born four headed calves and the high cancer diagnosis amongst his constituents on that very coast sir.
No I think that was a family gathering.

cozzy121

Looks like it's coming...

DUP abstains from vote on Sinn Féin motion opposing dumping of radioactive waste

THE DUP ABSTAINED from a council vote opposing the dumping of radioactive waste in the local authority’s area last night, after their proposed amendment to the original Sinn Féin motion was rejected.

The motion proposed that Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Council note “with grave caution the recent surveys carried out in parts of our borough by a British Government owned company ‘Radioactive Waste Management’ to identify potential sites for the disposal of nuclear waste”.

It went on to propose that the council register its opposition to any potential geological disposal facilities or further surveys in the area by writing to the UK secretary of state for the environment.

Mickeymac

Sure what are they worried about? They're leaving anyway.

Shafting us on the way out.

Sooner the better they go OG, amusing to read though, that these AH's think Ireland can even be considered as a nuclear waste dump, highlights their cluelessness regarding the island of Ireland.