• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Where was the so-called republican party Sinn Fein today for the Blair visit?

JoseyWhales

Nearly all republican groups of all shades such as 32CSM, RNU, Eirigi, IRSP, Workers Party and RSF were present today to protest against the visit by War Criminal Tony Blair and his attempts to fundraise for the British army in Easons.
Also present were those on the left and anti-war activists.

But where were the self proclaimed largest republican party in Ireland Sinn Fein today? there were no members of SF or the Provisional movement present today to oppose this visit.

Sinn Fein being part of the constitutional clique of Fianna Fail, Labour, Fine Gael etc, do they not care an issue such as this?

Is it because of the close bond Gerry Adams made with Blair when they were selling out the countries chance at sovereignty with the GFA, that Gerry doesnt want to upset his auld buddy Blair by having his followers oppose him visiting the capital?

Shame on the Provos, they again prove they are now part of the establishment of the Brits and Freestaters

Sync

Uh yeah exactly. Plus, all the other real political parties tend to stay away from events when unelectable groups are clearly going to commit crimes. Which is what happened today.

JoseyWhales

Uh yeah exactly. Plus, all the other real political parties tend to stay away from events when unelectable groups are clearly going to commit crimes. Which is what happened today.
A 'real' political party that claims to represent the republican community of Ireland, to be on the left, that claims to be proud of its revolutionary past, yest they seem to have no bones with the former commander of the British army, who invaded and occupied sovereign nations killing thousands much like in the North of Ireland, but Sinn Fein decide to stay silent about this issue.

We know why they have been in receipt of British position and money since the GFA that Mr Blair was partly responsible for, they dont want rock the boat.

Sinn Fein are the biggest traitors to the Republic since Collins, if not more so

RedTom

Sinn Fein doesn't come out in force for one protest, and you auotmatically assume that they love Blair? thats stretching it a bit isn't it? I'm pretty sure that not every group/person who has issues with Mr. Blair went to today's protest, what with the 100 or so attendance.

JoseyWhales

Sinn Fein doesn't come out in force for one protest, and you auotmatically assume that they love Blair? thats stretching it a bit isn't it? I'm pretty sure that not every group/person who has issues with Mr. Blair went to today's protest, what with the 100 or so attendance.
There were approx 500 present today, the media acting in the interests of the state and Blair want it to be portrayed as small gathering that was nothing significant, that was not the case, and Sinn Fein have hundreds of members in Dublin why none present?, why no statement decrying the visit.

We know why, Brit back handers and an excuse to wear suits to Stormont

Sync

A 'real' political party that claims to represent the republican community of Ireland, to be on the left, that claims to be proud of its revolutionary past, yest they seem to have no bones with the former commander of the British army, who invaded and occupied sovereign nations killing thousands much like in the North of Ireland, but Sinn Fein decide to stay silent about this issue.

We know why they have been in receipt of British position and money since the GFA that Mr Blair was partly responsible for, they dont want rock the boat.

Sinn Fein are the biggest traitors to the Republic since Collins, if not more so
What are you talking about? They condemned the Iraq war. By your logic every time anyone from SF goes to England they should be harangued by...Gosh I don't know. I was going to say the BNP , but the BNP get votes. So the nutcases in 32CSM or whatever aren't actually as relevant as the BNP. The Monster Raving Looney party maybe. To reiterate though, no real party is going somewhere they know 100 unelectable losers are going to be breaking the law. Especially when that man was effectively an ally in pushing forward a peace treaty SF also backed.

Last edited:

RedTom

If more people attended the protest than i'd heard, than i apoligise for quoting a wrong figure. but again, just because SF didn't send a few hundred to today's protest does not mean that they support Blair or the war in Iraq.

Murph

The news I heard was more people turned on one side of the street to get autographed copies of Blairs book, than there were protestors on the other side of the street.

shouldnt be long now before someone posts they were all shinners who bought his book.

turdsl

Nearly all republican groups of all shades such as 32CSM, RNU, Eirigi, IRSP, Workers Party and RSF were present today to protest against the visit by War Criminal Tony Blair and his attempts to fundraise for the British army in Easons.
Also present were those on the left and anti-war activists.

But where were the self proclaimed largest republican party in Ireland Sinn Fein today? there were no members of SF or the Provisional movement present today to oppose this visit.

Sinn Fein being part of the constitutional clique of Fianna Fail, Labour, Fine Gael etc, do they not care an issue such as this?

Is it because of the close bond Gerry Adams made with Blair when they were selling out the countries chance at sovereignty with the GFA, that Gerry doesnt want to upset his auld buddy Blair by having his followers oppose him visiting the capital?

Shame on the Provos, they again prove they are now part of the establishment of the Brits and Freestaters
You guys dont represent anybody, I believe there were more people there to buy the book than protest, Gerry and Blair got on very well, they brought peace to the North, they people support Gerry with increasing seats at each Assembly election, He has the support of the people, you have the support of nobody, that is what annoys you, well, things are going to get worse for you.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
The 32 County Sovereignty Committee are now against terrorism?

Well, every cloud has a silver lining it seems.

P.

JoseyWhales

P.
I support all republican groups if you were referring to me, and yes Id imagine 32 county sovereignty movement do oppose terrorism such as the terrorism Blair brought to Iraq and the continuing terrorism of British rule forced over the populace of the 6 counties

British Citizen

Some of you Irish need to remove that 100 year old chip from your shoulder.....

DaveMc

One is in jail for laundering diesel and polluting rivers as part of his Mafia crime ring, another is in Columbia ‘bird-watching’, the third is at home watching ‘reeling in the years’ repeats as he is afraid to go out alone without his gang.

The Salmon of Knowledge

Sinn Féin quite simply just cant put numbers on the ground in dublin anymore. they have been absent from many city centre protests over the summer, and when they did show up there was only very small numbers.

With regaurds to today, perhaps the learned there lesson from the 2007 anti war protests in stormont when gerry and martin were meeting bush and blair while ogra were protesting. hypocrasy of the highest order.

i would say the personal relationships of top shinners and blair, and lack of members i n dublin were the main reason SF didnt show up today.

bradán feasa

there were 600 of us campaigning to keep Navan hospital open today in Navan. We didn't get any media because we didn't box any one

kenneth

P.

Not that it matters but I'm sure the likes of the 32csm protested on the grounds of anti imperalism and not an anti war sentiment.

Mister men

I was there today and can confirm the protesters outnumbered the book signers by about 2 to 1. The media would like to tell you it was the other way around but that is simply not true.

Scribbler

there were 600 of us campaigning to keep Navan hospital open today in Navan. We didn't get any media because we didn't box any one
As an all time SF voter I was disgusted SF weren't there today.
I would love somebody from SF to explain to me why.
The comment about boxing is uncalled for btw. There were decent people protesting today and nobody was boxed unless you mean the gardai dragging people away.