Which of these EUropean tribes do you belong to?

farnaby

https://tribes.chathamhouse.org/take-the-test

A Chatham House report disputes a binary pro-/anti- EU divide, instead finding six 'tribes' of EUrope.
1. Hesitant Europeans (36 percent): They are proud Europeans but their concerns need to be addressed if they are to support the EU project long-term. They tend to be apathetic about politics, are concerned about immigration and tend to prioritise national sovereignty over deeper EU integration.
2. Contented Europeans (23 percent): They are optimistic and pro-European. Often young and broadly socially liberal, they feel they benefit from the EU but tend to favour the status quo over further integration.
3. EU rejecters (14 percent): They are angry about politics and the EU. They are least likely to feel any benefits of membership, and overwhelmingly view the EU as undemocratic. Most feel negative about immigration and are socially conservative.
4. Frustrated pro-Europeans (9 percent): They want a more integrated EU driven by progressive values. They support the idea of richer states helping poorer ones, but are more mixed about immigration than are other pro-Europeans.
5. Austerity rebels (9 percent): They want a looser, more democratic EU driven by solidarity, with powers returned to member states. They tend to think that richer states should support poorer ones, and that each state should accept its fair share of refugees.
6. Federalists (8 percent): They make up the smallest tribe. They support a deeply integrated ‘United States of Europe’, feel that the EU has benefited them, and are mostly positive about immigration. They tend to be wealthier, older and disproportionately male, with strong and diverse social networks.
Which of these European tribes do you belong to? | Euronews

Only 22% occupy the end-of-spectrum views of EU rejection vs complete federalism. The great majority want the EU in some form but are wary of diluting national sovereignty.

I'm in the Contented European group - not surprising as I've lived in 4 EU countries, married a non-Irish European and have worked for years in roles that benefit from the single market and the Euro. Interested to see how other Pie.sters fare.

Catalpast

https://tribes.chathamhouse.org/take-the-test

A Chatham House report disputes a binary pro-/anti- EU divide, instead finding six 'tribes' of EUrope.

Which of these European tribes do you belong to? | Euronews

Only 22% occupy the end-of-spectrum views of EU rejection vs complete federalism. The great majority want the EU in some form but are wary of diluting national sovereignty.

I'm in the Contented European group - not surprising as I've lived in 4 EU countries, married a non-Irish European and have worked for years in roles that benefit from the single market and the Euro. Interested to see how other Pie.sters fare.
Europa Conventus Delenda Est:evil:

That's Me!:D

pinemartin

Austerity rebel thats me.

but Germany should take all the fugees because they invited them.

Last edited:

GDPR

I'm definitely in the "EU Rejecter" camp but the amount of us is a lot higher through out Europe than 14 per cent.

farnaby

I'm definitely in the "EU Rejecter" camp but the amount of us is a lot higher through out Europe than 14 per cent.
Based on what? The findings imply a grudging acceptance of EU benefits minus concerns about immigration - rather than outright rejection.

Mick Mac

Group 5 but where in God's name did they get the refugee angle. Perhaps then there should be a 7th group which is for more sovereignty returning to nation states, for retained solidarity with other European states, without having to pork barrel the settlement of refugees into it.

Morgellons

3, could be 1 on a good day, but mostly 3

Drogheda445

No. 4 probably, although my feelings about immigration are more in relation to the spread of Islamic fundamentalism than anything else. Have very little issue otherwise.

I would suspect that most Irish people fall somewhere between 1, 4 and 5, with a small minority leaning towards 3 (although given the fact that this site is dominated by some of the madder fringes of the right I would say more than half of P.ie falls under 3).

raetsel

Somewhere between 2 and 6 - happy and contented for now and delighted that I'll still have a passport to prove that I'm an EU citizen when the thick, bigoted Brexidiots wrest NI out of the only "union" that I've ever actually had any respect for. :p

Congalltee

None of the above. 5 is closest. Rich/Large members should not support poor/small ones, however each member state should have one vote. Fewer QMV issues. EU to disengage from many issues eg justice and home affairs. Irish fishermen should get far more shade of fish in Irish waters. EU should stop the self-promotion. European Parliament’s powers should be curtailed. EU budget should pass an audit or arrests should follow. English should be adopted as first language and small languages eg Irish, Catalan, Maltese should lose official status.
That’s for starters.

eoghanacht

Cocondi/Dergtine meself can't speak for ye blow ins.

Deadlock

Somewhere between 2 and 6 - happy and contented for now and delighted that I'll still have a passport to prove that I'm an EU citizen when the thick, bigoted Brexidiots wrest NI out of the only "union" that I've ever actually had any respect for. :p
Similar here!

GDPR

Based on what? The findings imply a grudging acceptance of EU benefits minus concerns about immigration - rather than outright rejection.
I don't know anyone who doesn't at least want out of the Euro outside of creepy people I have to entertain occasionally because they are connected to my husband professionally.

GDPR

I'm in number 3. I am angry about mass immigration and the German/French dominance of the EU but there is very little I can do about it. I feel like many Irish people I talk to feel the same but many others do not so nothing will likely change.

I fear things will be too late here by the time people start speaking up and looking for an actual immigration policy here. 1/4 children born here are born to foreign parents. Around 20% of the country is foreign, it's the speed at which this happened is frightening. 15 years ago there were barely any foreigners here, what will it be like in 10-20 years? Minority status in our own country. But that said the majority of the immigration here in the past 2 years has been from OUTSIDE the EU. So how can it be all the EUs fault? Same with Brexit.

I see guys like senator Neale Richmond Fine Gael, d4 rugby player and Leos mate saying we need much more immigration. Unbelievable, but then areas like D4 have the least immigration, many towns down the country are unrecognisable.
They want to make Ireland into a "Nation of Immigrants" like the United States so that with the decreased levels of social solidarity that will bring they can get rid of the Welfare State and rule over an atomized mass through all sorts of degeneracy, that and they probably also want to break the historical cultural connection to Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular.

Spirit Of Newgrange

3. EU rejecter. The Lisbon treaty was rape.

Mick Mac

I'm in number 3. I am angry about mass immigration and the German/French dominance of the EU but there is very little I can do about it. I feel like many Irish people I talk to feel the same but many others do not so nothing will likely change.

I fear things will be too late here by the time people start speaking up and looking for an actual immigration policy here. 1/4 children born here are born to foreign parents. Around 20% of the country is foreign, it's the speed at which this happened is frightening. 15 years ago there were barely any foreigners here, what will it be like in 10-20 years? Minority status in our own country. But that said the majority of the immigration here in the past 2 years has been from OUTSIDE the EU. So how can it be all the EUs fault? Same with Brexit.

I see guys like senator Neale Richmond Fine Gael, d4 rugby player and Leos mate saying we need much more immigration. Unbelievable, but then areas like D4 have the least immigration, many towns down the country are unrecognisable.
A d4 rugby playing blue shyte.

I thought it was the "cultural marxists" behind all of this.

God, the penny took a long time to drop but eventually it did drop.

New Threads

Most Replies