• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Which religious group is this?

Colin M

Two twentysomethings rang my door bell earlier. They asked if they could talk to me for a minute. The brochure one of them was carrying had a picture of a purple sky, and the slogan 'Do you want to know the truth?'

I just quickly told them thanks, but I wasn't interested. Which group is this, out of interest?

R

Ramps

Two twentysomethings rang my door bell earlier. They asked if they could talk to me for a minute. The brochure one of them was carrying had a picture of a purple sky, and the slogan 'Do you want to know the truth?'

I just quickly told them thanks, but I wasn't interested. Which group is this, out of interest?
If they were talking about the truth, they were probably JWs.

EvotingMachine0197

Probably the watchtower loons. Or some mormon loons.

Why does it matter? They're all loons.

Colin M

That would have made me no longer doubt the goodness of life ever again. :D But, sadly he wasn't there.:(

Happytolearn

At least you know it wasn't a politician

Blossie

Jehovahs Witnesses. For your own sanity do not engage them in conversation. 2 JW's used to call to my door,they were really nice people so I did not have the heart to be rude to them. They set about their mission on trying to convert me,I tried to tell them that I didn't believe in religion or god but alas I might as well have said it in vietnamese because they did not understand. I used to just bung them a few euros and take the magazines to get rid of them. One rainy mucky day I was saved by an Irish setter. My dog had been amusing herself rolling in muck and cow pats,she approached one of the JW's who was clearly scared witless of my pooch. First of all the dog shook herself and sent ************************e flying in all directions and then the piece de resistance she jumped on the woman and licked her on the face with her cow poo mouth,I haven't seen them since. The moral of this story is that unless you own an irish setter, DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR to them.

R

Ramps

On the plus side, if you were to become a JW, you'd be in with a shot with both Williams sisters. ;)

Twin Towers

Jeez, you could have asked them before sending them away and now you're on here asking us :roll:

Monday Monday

Mormons, Jehovies and Scientologists serve a very useful purpose.

Their religion is plainly and obviously makey-up b*llsh*t that some con man yakked out to get money and sex off credulous people. We even know the names of the specific con men involved Adam Smith Ron Hubbard and so on.

But here's the rub, their religion is absolutely identical in substance to the older established religions like Christianity, Islam, Judaism. Roll back a few hundred years and the big boys were just makey-up con jobs to get money and sex off dumb people too.

Almanac

Probably the watchtower loons. Or some mormon loons.

Why does it matter? They're all loons.
I've found them to be very polite and courteous people.

Not to mention that they are infinitely closer to the truth than the real loons... those who believe something came out of nothing.

lying eyes

" Do you want to know the truth" I will tell you for sure, that they are not politicians........

Almanac

Mormons, Jehovies and Scientologists serve a very useful purpose.

Their religion is plainly and obviously makey-up b*llsh*t that some con man yakked out to get money and sex off credulous people. We even know the names of the specific con men involved Adam Smith Ron Hubbard and so on.

But here's the rub, their religion is absolutely identical in substance to the older established religions like Christianity, Islam, Judaism. Roll back a few hundred years and the big boys were just makey-up con jobs to get money and sex off dumb people too.
Actually Judeo-Christianity is the wellspring for monotheism, of which the others, including Islam are all off-shoots; monotheism is a rational belief, one which some of the greatest minds that ever lived, philosophers such as Aristotle, managed to arrive at by a process of pure logic.