White America Has Lost Its Mind

Horses

The white brain, beset with worries, finally goes haywire in spectacular fashion

It had been a pretty good run up to that point. The brains of white folks had been humming along cogently for near on 400 years on this continent, with little sign that any serious trouble was brewing. White people, after all, had managed to invent a spiffy new form of self-government so that all white men (and, eventually, women) could have a say in how white people were taxed and governed.

White minds had also nearly universally occupied just about every branch of that government and, for more than two centuries, had kept sole possession of the leadership of its executive branch (whose parsonage, after all, is called the White House).

But when that streak was broken—and, for the first time, a non-white president accepted the oath of office—white America rapidly began to lose its grip.

White America Has Lost Its Mind - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Future

That's Hitler talk.

Interista

What's a 'white brain'? I thought all brains were a rather icky grey-ish colour.

Oblivion.

But when that streak was broken—and, for the first time, a non-white president accepted the oath of office—white America rapidly began to lose its grip.

It may have rather more to do with the fact that Americans have realised that their country - the envy of the world until very recently in history - is broke, to the tune of $100 trillion debt. Social mobility has come to a standstill, children ( for the first time in American history ) are going to endure significantly worse living standards than their parents, and debt will cripple American families for generations to come.

The Greatest Superpower in history has been de-industrialised and fiscally ruined in the space of 40 years. People are confused, anxious and angry about it.

Either that, or whitey is suddenly outraged because a mixed race President was elected 2 years ago...

Horses

It may have rather more to do with the fact that Americans have realised that their country - the envy of the world until very recently in history - is broke, to the tune of $100 trillion debt.

The Greatest Superpower in history has been de-industrialised and fiscally ruined in the space of 40 years.

Either that, or whitey is suddenly outraged because a mixed race President was elected 2 years ago...
America was up to it's eyeballs in debt before Obama showed up but this level of anger and the right wing street demos didn't exist. The Tea Party are protesting against government debt while at the same time freaking out that their government payed for health care might be cut. :rolleyes:

America debt has been built by right wing wars. Democrat presidents normally spend there tenure trying to fix the financial mess left by Republican unilateral war mongering 'Christians'.

Oblivion.

America was up to it's eyeballs in debt before Obama showed up but this level of anger and the right wing street demos didn't exist.

Nor did a 1.56 trillion deficit and a failed stimulus package worth hundreds of billions of taxpayer's money.

Whoever won the 2008 election was always going to become rapidly unpopular because nothing can stop the depression now destroying American society.

Republican or Democrat, black or white, the President from 2008 - 2012 was always going to be a Chamberlain figure, getting slammed by the unfolding storm.

What has made things doubly worse for Obama, was all his Tony Blair salesman-like BS about a "new dawn". It was tosh. And now his bluff has been called.

His own rhetoric set expectations so high, that his approval rating is now in freefall. Boo hoo.

Oblivion.

America debt has been built by right wing wars. Democrat presidents normally spend there tenure trying to fix the financial mess left by Republican unilateral war mongering 'Christians'.
Wrong.

Medicare and Medicaid are FAR AND AWAY the biggest causes of the USA's fiscal ruin.

It's the PENSION SYSTEM and HEALTHCARE that will see local government, and eventually states, facing fiscal armageddon. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - looney as they are - represent a tiny fraction of those obligations.

Future

This article is attacking the 'racism' of the American right. How is that 'Hitler talk'
I know that. The hitler talk refers to the growing numbers in America blaming Obama for everything because of his colour and even suggesting that he is involved in some kind of Islamic conspiracy to weaken the US.

Horses

Actually, traditionally the Democrats started wars and the Republicans ended them. Republican president Nixon ended the Vietnam War. That was before the neocons hijacked the Republican party.

davehiggz

Democrats are the big spenders! Just look at the New Deal and the huge government spending after the Wall Street crash. Now when there's no money left Obama introduces healthcare and a trillion dollar stimulus that didn't change the unemployment at all.

Then you look at the likes of Regan. A person who reigned in government spending and took the route of conservative economics. Clinton did well to be fair to him also.

Horses

I know that. The hitler talk refers to the growing numbers in America blaming Obama for everything because of his colour and even suggesting that he is involved in some kind of Islamic conspiracy to weaken the US.
sorry, you had me confused there. That's all neocon propaganda, Obama hates Muslims.

derm0t

OP, you may like Dmitri Orlov's recent piece on the tea-baggers. It's funny stuff:

ClubOrlov: Caution, White People

He may not be particularly black, but he is definitely not of the same tribe as the Washington demonstrators, who were predominantly of Scots-Irish or English or German descent. This is who America's proud owners and proprietors have been through most of American history, the ethnic groups that have built the American empire, driving slaves, running factories, fighting the natives and driving them into reservations, driving the Mexicans out of the Southwest, and manning the police departments, the military bases and the prisons. They are the ones who worked to impose Pax Americana on the Americas, and, for a short while, almost succeeded in having their way with the rest of the world.

And now they have grown old, fat and sick and are mired in debt. Their time is over, and they are every bit as upset about it as they ought to be. I can't fault them for it. Up until last year, they could comfort themselves by thinking: "We may be poor, but at least we ain't black!" But now they have a black President. What a shock that must be!
You may also find amusing a recent cartoon I created which mocked the nuttier conspiracy theories regarding Bush & Obama:

Horses

I support the Tea Party in some ways and I'm a conspiracy theorist. I believe Obama was born in Kenya and 9/11 was an inside job and that America has the ability to manipulate the weather. I'm not a lefty. I just think this article is interesting. The left is basically saying that The Tea party is a embryonic Neo-Nazi movement, are they right?

Last edited:

splashy

I support the Tea Party in some ways and I'm a conspiracy theorist. I believe Obama was born in Kenya and 9/11 was an inside job and that America as the ability to manipulate the weather. I'm not a lefty. I just think this article is interesting. The left is basically saying that The Tea party is a embryonic Neo-Nazi movement, are they right?
I suppose Obama does this with one of his Kenyan rain-dances?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies