• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

White Flight in London. BBC report.

Truth.ie

British white's are now a minority in London after a dramatic decrease recorded in the last 10 years.
A decrease, since the Millenium, of 620'000 whites (the population of Glasgow) from London.
They now represent 45% of the population.
BBC asks the daring question in the article but singularly fails to dare answer it.
BBC News - Why have the white British left London?
My question is this.
Could this happen in Dublin.
Would you raise a family in an area with a large ethnic/immigrant community?

Last edited:

ruserious

I say if there was an influx of immigrants to Dublin, you'd not notice because you would be spending so much time froathing at the mouth here.

Truth.ie

I say if there was an influx of immigrants to Dublin, you'd not notice because you would be spending so much time froathing at the mouth here.
So you read the report in 2 minutes?
Is the BBC frothing simply by pointing out some stats?

Astral Peaks

Here we go again.

At least you have the honesty to admit it's a skin colour issue for you.

Not character, honesty, hard working, friendly or neighbourly people.

Just non-whites, thats what you object to.

Grand.

Roisin3

Whites are a minority? Don't think so. White British may be a minority now but there are lots of white non-British including Irish. The census forms now include a box to tick for white Irish.

Mackers

What about you Dubs taking over Kildare? So my Lily white mate says.:D

Truth.ie

Here we go again.

At least you have the honesty to admit it's a skin colour issue for you.

Not character, honesty, hard working, friendly or neighbourly people.

Just non-whites, thats what you object to.

Grand.
Actually, the BBC raised the issue of skin colour.
My partner is foreign and non-white.
Can we have a discussion about major demographic cultural changes without using the Race card?
For the record I'm not anti-immigrant but pro immigration control.

ON THE ONE ROAD

White's are now a minority in London after a dramatic decrease recorded in the last 10 years.
A decrease, since the Millenium, of 620'000 whites (the population of Glasgow) from London.
They now represent 45% of the population.
BBC asks the daring question in the article but singullarly fails to dare answer it.
BBC News - Why have the white British left London?
My question is this.
Could this happen in Dublin.
Would you raise a family in an area with a large ethnic/immigrant community?
London has been a city of immigrants for centuries, a lot of those 'whites' would be 2nd or 3rd generation something or other. the newer immigrants will be moving out to the country if thats the fashion its the next wave.

Roisin3

BBC asks the daring question in the article but singullarly fails to dare answer it.
Didn't they? They had a decent stab at it, in my opinion. The outer boroughs have seen the reductions mostly, and they offer a couple of possible reasons. White British seeing their tearooms replaced with chicken takeaways is one. Another is that they largely benefitted from the council home sales and redundancy payments from traditional large employers closing up.

Truth.ie

London has been a city of immigrants for centuries, a lot of those 'whites' would be 2nd or 3rd generation something or other. the newer immigrants will be moving out to the country if thats the fashion its the next wave.
True, but the shift since New Labours open door policy has been incredibly fast.
I think you'll find a lot of children and grandchildren of the post Colonial immigrants are pretty unnerved as well.

Astral Peaks

Actually, the BBC raised the issue of skin colour.
My partner is foreign and non-white.
Can we have a discussion about major demographic cultural changes without using the Race card?
For the record I'm not anti-immigrant but pro immigration control.
Then you and I share two things......

If you want that debate, stats on whites vs non-whites are not the best starting point, I 'd suggest?

Take the colour factor out of your OP and you might do better....

Truth.ie

Then you and I share two things......

If you want that debate, stats on whites vs non-whites are not the best starting point, I 'd suggest?

Take the colour factor out of your OP and you might do better....
You want me to edit the BBC headline?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Could this happen in Dublin
Its already happening in Blanchardstown and parts of inner city Dublin. Most of the tards' here dont care though as they will be long dead before their neighbourhoods are seriously impacted, selfish of course, thier children will curse them however.

darkknight

[video=youtube;s4VqIPuiUlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VqIPuiUlA[/video]​

Truth.ie

Its already happening in Blanchardstown and parts of inner city Dublin. Most of the tards' here dont care though as they will be long dead before their neighbourhoods are seriously impacted, selfish of course, thier children will curse them however.
Immigrants can't afford to live in Blackrock, Foxrock, Donnybrook etc.
Thats why the policy makers are so hip and cool about the issue.
As I said I'm not anti immigrants, but we need to restrict the numbers and let the right people in.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies