• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

White Supremacist Leader Murdered In South Africa

Sync

BBC News - S Africa far-right leader Terreblanche 'killed'

South African white supremacist leader Eugene http://www.politics.ie/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23Terreblanche has been murdered, local media reports say.

Mr Terreblanche was beaten to death on his farm in the north-west of the country, the reports said.

Mr Terreblanche and his Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (Afrikaner Resistance Movement - AWB) came to prominence in the early 1980s.
Just breaking news on BBC right now. I've no idea what the state of white supremacy groups are right now, but I'd expect violent repercussions over this if it turns out to have been an attack by blacks.

H.R. Haldeman

To my delight and surprise, Nick Broomfield's wonderful "The Leader, The Driver And The Driver's Wife" is on Channel 4's channel on YouTube in its entirety. Well worth a watch for a reminder about the extraordinary and quite appalling Mr. Terreblanche, RIP:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMRbdOBGfw&has_verified=1"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

james toney

Louis Theroux goes into hiding.

zippo222

To my delight and surprise, Nick Broomfield's wonderful "The Leader, The Driver And The Driver's Wife" is on Channel 4's channel on YouTube in its entirety. Well worth a watch for a reminder about the extraordinary and quite appalling Mr. Terreblanche, RIP:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
Remember seeing that on television years ago. Must take another look at it. Thanks for the link. Although if I remember rightly, if you take out the bits about Broomfield himself there's not a lot left.

Sync

The positive aspect of this is that it's being reported as a simple crime over money as opposed to a race issue

The two allegedly attacked the 69-year-old far-right wing leader because they were not paid for work they did.

jcdf

The article says it was about wages with employees. If it was racially motivated I do not think we will hear about it.

White supremacy, especially in South Africa is dead.

borntorum

The article says it was about wages with employees. If it was racially motivated I do not think we will hear about it.

White supremacy, especially in South Africa is dead.
The two (alleged) workers were black. They (allegedly) mutilated his body.

There cannot but be reprecussions after this. The leader of the ANC youth league has been publicly singing a song recently called "Kill The Boer". White supremacy might be politically dead in SA - but there is a movement within the Afrikaaner community (which was supported by Terreblanche) to set up a seperate white homeland

Ah Well

There cannot but be reprecussions after this. The leader of the ANC youth league has been publicly singing a song recently called "Kill The Boer". White supremacy might be politically dead in SA - but there is a movement within the Afrikaaner community (which was supported by Terreblanche) to set up a seperate white homeland
There is the potential for trouble alright

By all accounts things are not all roses in the garden round South Africa on a lot of fronts these days either

This may run a while yet ...

borntorum

There is the potential for trouble alright

By all accounts things are not all roses in the garden round South Africa on a lot of fronts these days either

This may run a while yet ...
There are a lot of problems in that country alright.

In many ways, SA has done very well since the transformation from apartheid. It has consciously avoided the the destructive anti-white racism that has brought Zimbabwe to its knees. Mandela is not a saint, but he was a superb president who genuinely brought all the races together in acceptance of the new republic in 1994.

But since his departure, the ANC has moved further and further to an explicitly anti-white stance. The whites still comprise the economic elite (although there are many white people living in genuine poverty, something that many in Europe don't often realise), and it's no surprise that the majority should be increasingly unwilling to wait for economic transformation to follow political change. However, Zuma will now have to rein in the more aggressive elements within his movement - the very same elements that elected him as leader of the ANC. In fairness to Zuma, he has attempted to reach out to Afrikaaners in a way that his predecessor Mbeki never did. He will have to go further now, in order to keep a lid on the racial situation up to and beyond the world cup.

deld3l

I had heard that the entire white middle class (read moderates) had emigrated from South Africa, leaving the hard-line conservative, farmer, older class. How do you think that is going to end?

jcdf

I do not think that is going to happen. How many whites are there living in South Africa? And how many of them are living in genuine poverty? I do not think there are many.

Zuma has to play a careful game between appeasing the extreme anti-whites within the ANC and preventing them from driving out the Whites entirely and risking isolating the Western world from South Africa.

kerdasi amaq

Be thankful, be very thankful, that Ireland does not have a large population of South African blacks living here! Remember Rwanda and Malawi.

Sync

Be thankful, be very thankful, that Ireland does not have a large population of South African blacks living here! Remember Rwanda and Malawi.
Because they're all pretty much the same aren't they you racist idiot?

kerdasi amaq

Because they're all pretty much the same aren't they you racist idiot?
Can you make a more intelligent response than that?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies