Whither pre-Christian souls?

FloatingVoterTralee

A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?

SideysGhost

Let's face it, none of this deranged religion nonsense - not a single bit of it - makes a lick of sense whatsoever, and you'd have to be some sort of Special kid at this point of the 21st century to actually swallow a single word of it.

It's a waste of time trying to discover any reason or logic in these holy books. It's all just nonsensical gibberish written by primitive peoples who still wondered where mountains and rainbows came from.

EvotingMachine0197

A theological quandary has occurred to me - since the abolition of limbo, what would be the eschatological destiny of pagan, or perhaps more accurately pre-Christian, souls? Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell, as though Original Sin covers all mankind, how could pre-Christians sin against a religion or deity entirely unknown to them? God is incapable of error, yet why should He then decide to create individuals and make them deliberately unaware of His existence?
Religion of all forms is riddled with logical inconsistencies and fallacies. Just apply Occam's razor.

ruserious

What if....deep breath....souls don't exist? :shock2:

Think about it.

captainwillard

Let's face it, none of this deranged religion nonsense - not a single bit of it - makes a lick of sense whatsoever, and you'd have to be some sort of Special kid at this point of the 21st century to actually swallow a single word of it.

It's a waste of time trying to discover any reason or logic in these holy books. It's all just nonsensical gibberish written by primitive peoples who still wondered where mountains and rainbows came from.

Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to post hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Did you have a nightmare about that? Did it wake you up in the middle of the night in a barren world, far from libraries, Dante and civilisation? Have all the libraries in our town Tralee now been closed and reference books banned?

Mr. Bumble

If you start with the premise that God doesn't exist then the question is easily answered and you can fall asleep again.

ruserious

Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to posts hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?
I didn't see any bitterness in his post. But I do see you often stalking people on this site spreading your bile.

SideysGhost

Hmmm a man hitting forty emigrates alone without any family or partner to NZ and continues to posts hatred on Irish forum. Now why is that? Where did all this bitterness originate?
:lol:

Yer utterly obsessed with me for some weird reason!

captainwillard

:lol:

Yer utterly obsessed with me for some weird reason!
Narcissistic too are you not? No, I read your comment and knew it would ooze bitterness. You must often wonder just what the future holds for you... alone and far away, loathing your home country.

EvotingMachine0197

Any chance of a christian making a genuine attempt to address the problem in the OP, without resorting to more gibberish?

Didn't think so.

SideysGhost

Narcissistic too are you not? No, I read your comment and knew it would ooze bitterness. You must often wonder just what the future holds for you... alone and far away, loathing your home country.
Hi c'mere I;m not the one stalking other posters and storing all the details of their lives that they've ever happened to mention over the years, how mad is that ya balloon.

You might like to point out the "bitterness" in that post too, looks like a simple statement of fact to me. And why, exactly, did me saying "it's all gibberish, don't worry about trying to figure out the nonsensical" get you up on your high horse spouting bile, eh?

Lastly, my future's very bright indeed, and all the better when I can come on here when nothing else is going on and make facetious posts that make the likes of you - who are all far, far, far away, which is a source of great comfort to me :) - burn with the kind of mean narrow hatred that only the truly mediocre can bring to bear.

Now, any comment on the actual OP or are you just going to shytehawk on about the personal lives of other posters, as usual :lol:

captainwillard

Hi c'mere I;m not the one stalking other posters and storing all the details of their lives that they've ever happened to mention over the years, how mad is that ya balloon.

You might like to point out the "bitterness" in that post too, looks like a simple statement of fact to me. And why, exactly, did me saying "it's all gibberish, don't worry about trying to figure out the nonsensical" get you up on your high horse spouting bile, eh?

Lastly, my future's very bright indeed, and all the better when I can come on here when nothing else is going on and make facetious posts that make the likes of you - who are all far, far, far away, which is a source of great comfort to me :) - burn with the kind of mean narrow hatred that only the truly mediocre can bring to bear.

Now, any comment on the actual OP or are you just going to shytehawk on about the personal lives of other posters, as usual :lol:

Details of their lives which they have just happened to mention? Come now Sidey. You regale us almost weekly about the wonders of NZ and how Ireland compares so poorly with that wonderful land.

But strangely enough, you spend so much time here.

SideysGhost

Details of their lives which they have just happened to mention? Come now Sidey. You regale us almost weekly about the wonders of NZ and how Ireland compares so poorly with that wonderful land.

You should find that easy to prove then. That means there should be the guts of 56 posts from me in that time about how much better New Zealand is than Ireland. Doubtless there's 3 or 4 but over 50?

This is all in your head you know, you utter numpty.

Still, nice effort at derailing a thread you don't like.

Now, never mind me and my life, which you've been obsessed with for years ya weirdo. Any comment on the actual OP?

EvotingMachine0197

Any opinion on the OP? What is the current status of pre-Christian souls? Sidewinder has given a concise opinion on the matter, you have not.

jdaly

I suppose the simple answer is that all gods which have been invented to date have been bolli xies.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
It was through pondering stuff like this as a teenager that the scales fell from my eyes and I realized that the whole thing had to be nonsense.

" Clearly, they can't enter heaven, having never been made aware of God, yet neither could they enter hell.."

Says who? If it turns out that the Limbo stuff was all nonsense, why shouldn't the rest of it be the same? Because the current bishop or Rome says so-as opposed to the Pope in, oh, say 1356?

Last edited:

44percent

I have been trying to interview Dorothy, the Tin Man, the present King of France and assorted other fictional entities for years. Eventually I decided that if I followed the yellow brick road to Versailles and put my faith in the immutability of transcendent eschatological binary code I would get to the zoo.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies