Whither Saudi Arabia?

james toney

Not much about these barbaric mass executions in the media...yet they kill a journalist and it was all over the media for months.
More than a blind eye being turned by governments and media.

Golah veNekhar

Truly savage, barbaric.

Unending savagery.
Given the blank cheque support you give to Zionist colonialism and the fact that you have absolutely no problem with the random murder of Gazans you are a savage yourself- though I know you tell yourself that when Jews commit savagery it is somehow different. Of course you would object also to the execution of Khawarij dogs of the hellfire when they are proxy fighters for Zionism no matter how deranged and demonized they were. Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad who is a conservative Sunni scholar has said that there are only two things you can do with the Khawarij- you can cuddle them or cut off their heads, and he added cutting off their heads is always justified in Islamic tradition.

The thing is that you are eaten up by cultural envy of the Shiite world. Well hating them and seeking to destroy them is a pathetically infantile reaction to this understandable feeling of envy. An adult reaction would be to accept that Zionist colonialism has done tremendous cultural damage to Jews both inside and outside of Palestine for the reasons that Hannah Arendt and Yehoshua Radler-Feldman said it would because of the savage barbaric path taken by David Ben-Gurion. This is how I know that people such as "former weslyan" do not care a half penny about Jews- they are just into the murder and maiming of brown people. Yet I get labeled a anti-Semite for loving Jews from a position of rationality and justice.

Hillmanhunter1

Truly savage, barbaric.

I see they were nearly all Shiite Muslims too.

So, clearly "pay-back" for what has recently been going on in Iraq as covered by Ben Tab in the New Yorker a couple of months ago, where the predominantly Shiite security forces are executing Sunnis by the hundreds, under the exact same pretext.

Iraq’s Post-ISIS Campaign of Revenge

Unending savagery.
The New Yorker article is excellent, but I think it is an error to connect the two.

Yes, the Shias are executing Sunnis in Iraq, and the Sunnis are executing Shias in KSA, but the two are not related, instead each has much more to do with internal security than revenge for external acctions.

In the case of KSA, you have a large Shia minority, 15-20%

But a key factor is where the Shia live.

This is where the Saudi oilfields are - mostly in the Eastern Province:

And here is where the Shia live:

Sunni-Shia-Map-PEW.jpg
The Al Sauds and Al Sheik Sunni clans control KSA, mainly through the flow of petro-dollars, but the beligerant Shia live on the oil, this is why they must be cowed.

Hillmanhunter1

Given the blank cheque support you give to Zionist colonialism and the fact that you have absolutely no problem with the random murder of Gazans you are a savage yourself- though I know you tell yourself that when Jews commit savagery it is somehow different. Of course you would object also to the execution of Khawarij dogs of the hellfire when they are proxy fighters for Zionism no matter how deranged and demonized they were. Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad who is a conservative Sunni scholar has said that there are only two things you can do with the Khawarij- you can cuddle them or cut off their heads, and he added cutting off their heads is always justified in Islamic tradition.

The thing is that you are eaten up by cultural envy of the Shiite world. Well hating them and seeking to destroy them is a pathetically infantile reaction to this understandable feeling of envy. An adult reaction would be to accept that Zionist colonialism has done tremendous cultural damage to Jews both inside and outside of Palestine for the reasons that Hannah Arendt and Yehoshua Radler-Feldman said it would because of the savage barbaric path taken by David Ben-Gurion. This is how I know that people such as "former weslyan" do not care a half penny about Jews- they are just into the murder and maiming of brown people. Yet I get labeled a anti-Semite for loving Jews from a position of rationality and justice.
If you had posted a recipe for making marshmallows you would not have been more off topic.

roc_

But the Shia executed were from Riyadh, Mecca, Medina, Qassim province as well as the Eastern Province.

And 34 of the 37 were shiite.

I think it is related. As the New Yorker article quoted, “We’re deleting thousands of families from Iraqi society,” the official told me. “This is not just revenge on isis. This is revenge on Sunnis...”.

Granted, these barbaric regimes readily execute with marked barbarism their own people. Of course, Saudi is far from alone in this. For example Iran executes more people than Saudi Arabia year on year according to Amnesty International.

In my opinion "petro dollars" play a much subordinate role to ideology in this type of thing. Economic rationale manifests quite differently to religious, ideological based rationales, and what we're witnessing in this clearly falls into the latter category.

middleground

Be careful if you use WhatsApp

SAUDI SAVAGERY

Abdulkareem al-Hawa was put to death in front of a baying crowd along with 36 other men who were executed this week in the barbaric desert kingdom

Hillmanhunter1

The CIA has warned Norway that a prominent Arab activist who is living in the country under asylum protection is facing a potential threat from Saudi Arabia, the Guardian has learned.

The pro-democracy activist, İyad el-Baghdadi, is a vocal critic of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Hillmanhunter1

Saudi Arabia has introduced a (much needed 😂) decency law.

The law criminalizes bullying in all its forms including calling people names or using racist language in public. It also makes it illegal to subject women and children to pranks or any other situation that "can scare them or put them in danger." Playing loud music or making any disruptive sound in public is also prohibited.

As for outfits, wearing immodest clothing or garments with questionable prints on them is punishable under the law. For men, wearing shorts or walking in public in white underwear garments is also an offense.

In addition to the above, the law criminalizes crossing a queue in a public space, filming people without their consent, unlicensed graffiti art, putting up posters in streets, placing advertising brochures in front of homes or on cars, littering, and going into mosques while wearing dirty clothes.

What's illegal under Saudi Arabia's new 'public decency' law?

owedtojoy

Last edited:

Emily Davison

What does that mean about men wearing white undergarments. Is it underpants or what. And if it is, is any other colour ok?

Hillmanhunter1

What does that mean about men wearing white undergarments. Is it underpants or what. And if it is, is any other colour ok?
That is a strange ruling alright, particularly when you consider that the normal undergarment worn under the white thobe is also white.

I think however that what they are talking about is more, shall we say, contour-hugging apparel - sort of the male equivalent of a yoga pants.

roc_

That is a strange ruling alright, particularly when you consider that the normal undergarment worn under the white thobe is also white...
Not really, radical Islam is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life.

And it ain't just Saudi Arabia, do check out the Iranian "revolutionary" version of it too, same thing - http://www.en.islamic-sources.com/download/E-Books/Jurisprudence/Tahrir-Al-Wasilah.pdf,

Hillmanhunter1

Not really, radical Islam is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life.
The thing is that you can substitute more or less any word for Islam in that sentence and it still remains equally true, e.g:

radical Buddhism is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life;

radical Christianity is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life

radical Veganism is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life

The problem is not Islam, the problem is radicalization.

roc_

The thing is that you can substitute more or less any word for Islam in that sentence and it still remains equally true, e.g:

radical Buddhism is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life;

radical Christianity is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life

radical Veganism is totalitarian through and through, and it seeks to dictate the minutiae of all aspects of daily life

The problem is not Islam, the problem is radicalization.
Why did you delete my link in your response?

Read it, it more than corroborates what I posted.

And if you have similar in the case of Buddhism, Christianity, or Veganism, etc. please post it up for us to have a gander.

:rolleyes:

Hillmanhunter1

Why did you delete my link in your response?

Read it, it more than corroborates what I posted.

And if you have similar in the case of Buddhism, Christianity, or Veganism, etc. please post it up for us to have a gander.

:rolleyes:
I deleted the link because it was irrelevant to the point that I was making that radicalism, not Islam is the issue.

We might think that Buddhist extremists (to quote The Onion) might unleash tranquility, but the truth is that Buddhism has an ugly and violent side:
Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia

You surely don't need anyone to explain to you what radical Christians are capable of - but here's an example:

And Vegans? Who would believe it, but militant Veganism is a thing:
Vegans in France are using extreme tactics to stop people eating meat

roc_

Well look, we were originally talking about Saudi Arabia. I knew Iran had similar perspectives and was familiar with above compilation of fatwa on these type of personal issues, like what underpants to wear, how to menstruate, and so on, and I cited the document for the further elucidation of readers on here.

You of course know there are a number of other countries also who constitutionalise strict interpretations of Islam and sharia. (btw I'm not exactly sure "radicalisation" is the most elucidating term to use here, though it may be true.)

Point here I suppose is you seemed very happy posting away and with the proper disdain about it, targeting only Saudi Arabia, but then you suddenly had a quick about turn and started obfuscating and diverting the discussion.

So was it something I said? Maybe you didn't like that the document I cited did not stem from Saudi Arabia but from a "leftist" ally? Am I getting warm?

Hillmanhunter1

Well look, we were originally talking about Saudi Arabia. I knew Iran had similar perspectives and was familiar with above compilation of fatwa on these type of personal issues, like what underpants to wear, how to menstruate, and so on, and I cited the document for the further elucidation of readers on here.

You of course know there are a number of other countries also who constitutionalise strict interpretations of Islam and sharia. (btw I'm not exactly sure "radicalisation" is the most elucidating term to use here, though it may be true.)

Point here I suppose is you seemed very happy posting away and with the proper disdain about it, targeting only Saudi Arabia, but then you suddenly had a quick about turn and started obfuscating and diverting the discussion.

So was it something I said? Maybe you didn't like that the document I cited did not stem from Saudi Arabia but from a "leftist" ally? Am I getting warm?
The fundamental "problem" with Saudi Arabia is not Islam per se, but the pact between the rapacious and murderous Al Saud clan on the one hand, and the rabidly Wahhabist Al Sheikh clan on the other.

"Muhammad ibn Saud and Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab had concluded a formal agreement in 1744: according to one source, Muhammad ibn Saud had declared when they first met:

"This oasis is yours, do not fear your enemies. By the name of God, if all Nejd was summoned to throw you out, we will never agree to expel you." Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab replied, "You are the settlement's chief and wise man. I want you to grant me an oath that you will struggle with me against the unbelievers. In return you will be imam, leader of the Muslim community and I will be leader in religious matters."

Al ash-Sheikh - Wikipedia

This pact, this trade-off of political power and religious power, is unique to Saudi Arabia, and helps explain the radicalization of Islam under that regime.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies