Who contributed the most to the resounding victory of the Repeal of the 8th Campaign?

venusian

The Repeal of the 8th campaign has been a resounding victory. Finally Ireland is becoming a more caring modern society and its hateful misogyny of women is beginning to fade into history. So tell me P.iesters whom do you reckon has contributed the most to the huge victory of the Yes campaign?

I nominate the following:-

The impact of the hateful misogyny, total condescension and foaming at the mouth outright campaigning lies of :-

Ronan Mullen

Maria Steen

Cora Sherlock

Mattie Mc Grath

David Quinn

They were the best asset the Yes campaign had and any dithering supporters could only have voted Yes after hearing them!

former wesleyan

It's a good job people didn't see this O/P.

TheField

The people who contributed most to this sensible resolution are the thousands of women who went out and talked quietly with people. On doorsteps and in cafes. People may have been inclined to vote Yes, but these interventions made sure that that those intentions turned into actual votes. That the opportunity of a generation should not be lost.

Sync

Zoo. The degree of stupid point scoring going on is deeply unpleasant.

You’ve won a vote and you think that elevates you. People on both sides voted the way they voted, and promoted the way they promoted. Neither side’s good or bad because of their beliefs.

Finbar10

The Repeal of the 8th campaign has been a resounding victory.

My suggestion would be to cut out the photos and pin them to your dart board! :)

David Quinn and Maria Steen were reasonably articulate, though the rather absolutist approach of the NO campaign seems to have turned most wavering voters off. Seemed sincere even if definitely swimming against the prevailing tide. Those who might have represented some more restricted amendment weren't heard from at all. There was some last minute talk of this, but far far too late.

Cora Sherlock was only so-so. Didn't hear much from Mattie myself. Ronan Mullen was a positive liability. Even more so for John McGuirk. Really poor for the NO campaign not to have even beaten the 38% NO in the SSM campaign on much a more divisive issue.

mr_anderson

The Repeal side won because of Time.

One generation died out and the replacement is a lot more liberal.

hollandia

MLMD, speaking on Marian Finucane, attributed the win not to the politicians, but to those people, and women in particular who told their stores during the campaign.

thetruthspeaks

Zoo. The degree of stupid point scoring going on is deeply unpleasant.

You’ve won a vote and you think that elevates you. People on both sides voted the way they voted, and promoted the way they promoted. Neither side’s good or bad because of their beliefs.
I agree, Gloating doesn't make anybody look good.

Sync

Feminist take over is complete.
It will be interesting to see how things work out when Islam takes over.
That’s definitely how things go.

1. Empower women.

2. ?

3. Sharia law is introduced.

hollandia

Feminist take over is complete.
It will be interesting to see how things work out when Islam takes over.
Nope. It's the reverse. Ireland's busy getting rid of the lady vestiges of is own particular version of sharia law.

The Nal

The Repeal side won because of Time.

One generation died out and the replacement is a lot more liberal.
And theres no religion now. The shedding of religion in Irish culture has been nothing short of spectacular over the last 20 years.

An irredeemable decline. Its over.

sondagefaux

The people who voted Yes. I'm not being glib - the exit poll research shows that 75% of people haven't changed their minds in the past 5 years.

Only a minority of people who voted were swayed by the campaigns, most had already made up their minds.

In my opinion, the death of Savita is what shocked a majority of Irish voters into supporting the introduction of legal abortion in Ireland.

The arguments and debates since haven't been about the principle for most people, but about the details.

Conor_Myers

The Repeal of the 8th campaign has been a resounding victory. Finally Ireland is becoming a more caring modern society and its hateful misogyny of women is beginning to fade into history. So tell me P.iesters whom do you reckon has contributed the most to the huge victory of the Yes campaign?

I nominate the following:-

The impact of the hateful misogyny, total condescension and foaming at the mouth outright campaigning lies of :-

Ronan Mullen

Maria Steen

Cora Sherlock

Mattie Mc Grath

David Quinn

They were the best asset the Yes campaign had and any dithering supporters could only have voted Yes after hearing them!
You have your victory.

Why the need to demonize those who stood up and campaigned for what they believe to be the greater good.

You seem to be a particularly petty and spiteful individual.

amist4

Colm O’Gorman. The way he has pimped his entire organization to campaign to his personal agenda is exemplary. Defying SIPO to cling on to his dirty money and filling the streets with chuggers to keep his 100k a year rolling in is surely the work of angels.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies