• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Who exactly earns 'The Average Industrial wage' in this country?

General Urko

The average industrial wage in Ireland is supposed to be around €35 K. Particularly in The BMW region, aside from Public servants (insider lotto winners, who don't even have to buy a ticket :mad:) and few clowns in management and some but by no means all in the professions, who the hell earns anything like this?
It's the one stat above all that drives me cracked as it's so misleading and indicates quite a lot of chancers are being vastly overpaid on everyone else's back!:mad:

The article below from last year indicates half of all wage earners earn less than €28.5K

Super rich or super angry: where are you on Ireland

Of course very often the harder the work eg health care assistant or the lads who slave for our rubbish moguls, the less you get paid!:mad:

Morgellons

Good question, and one I've often asked myself. Semi-staters like ESB, Irish Gas come to mind, maybe aircraft maintenance crews, firemen and ambulance drivers.

Other than that I can't think of anyone else and whatever about more established workers, younger ones haven't a chance of being 'average'.

You spelt Wage wrong in the title.

gleeful

The average industrial wage in Ireland is supposed to be around €35 K. Particularly in The BMW region, aside from Public servants (insider lotto winners, who don't even have to buy a ticket :mad:) and few clowns in management and some but by no means all in the professions, who the hell earns anything like this?
It's the one stat above all that drives me cracked as it's so misleading and indicates quite a lot of chancers are being vastly overpaid on everyone else's back!:mad:

The article below from last year indicates half of all wage earners earn less than €28.5K

Super rich or super angry: where are you on Ireland

Of course very often the harder the work eg health care assistant or the lads who slave for our rubbish moguls, the less you get paid!:mad:
Many people do earn more than €35k. Myself and all the staff in my company included.

Just look at any jobs site looking for software devs - 50k+ is standard. 75 is common.

If the median wage is 28.5 as you say, and the average is 35, then a huge % of people earn in the region of 35k.

Dame_Enda

I heard years ago during the Celtic Tiger that two thirds earned less than the AIW.

Morgellons

The word 'industrial' is a bit misleading. It conjures up images of factories and hard-working men with chiselled features earning through the sweat of their brow.

gleeful

I heard years ago during the Celtic Tiger that two thirds earned less than the AIW.
Reporting the median wage would be more statistically meaningful. But if journalists understood maths, they would have different jobs.

General Urko

And no doubt a vastly higher percentage earn less than it now!

storybud1

Of all the very wealthy people I know, none of them started on 35k or any average wages, they worked their t1ts off from the bottom and climbed that ladder, ignore this 35k average wages from RTE Pravda and the politicians, sure they are all on 10 times this and they haven't a fooking clue what they are doing.

The world is your oyster son, just use that free billion dollar computer in your skull for you and yours and you'll be a man.

General Urko

Many people do earn more than €35k. Myself and all the staff in my company included.

Just look at any jobs site looking for software devs - 50k+ is standard. 75 is common.

If the median wage is 28.5 as you say, and the average is 35, then a huge % of people earn in the region of 35k.
RE your goodself and colleagues, you guyz are professionals, probably on The East Coast as well!

automaticforthepeople

Every SF Public Representative earns the Average Industrial Wage.

It is calculated by taking the figure 1916, multiplying it by the distance that the deputy lives from Leinster House and subtracting the cost of a years subscription to An Phoblacht and raising it to the power of the square root of the sum stolen from the Northern Bank.

AAA Deputies also earn this but they use a different formula to arrive at AIW. They take the gross figure and subtract the property tax and refuse charges from it. They then split the remainder between the cost of a bus hire to a protest in Dublin and the balance which is put towards the fund to support Ireland at an international soccer competition. The money remaining after the bus hire is then subject to a levy for printing which doesn't apply to SF deputies due to the computer cartridge subvention. Legal fees are not included.

The sum extant at the end of that calculation is the Average Industrial Wage, according to Paul.

General Urko

Of all the very wealthy people I know, none of them started on 35k or any average wages, they worked their t1ts off from the bottom and climbed that ladder, ignore this 35k average wages from RTE Pravda and the politicians, sure they are all on 10 times this and they haven't a fooking clue what they are doing.

The world is your oyster son, just use that free billion dollar computer in your skull for you and yours and you'll be a man.
All the wealthy people, I know came from middle class or well off backgrounds, the only exception to that are SW scroungers coining it with families of 10 plus!

APettigrew92

There was some general assumption that everyone was earning millions during the Tiger.

Real wages were actually relatively stable. Inflation far oustripped most earnings.

My brother had to pay €7 in 2005 for a chicken roll and a newspaper in the DIT tuck shop.

Access to easy credit and high wages are not the same thing.

And if Pravda are good at one thing it is spinning figures to suit the Government agenda.

gleeful

There was some general assumption that everyone was earning millions during the Tiger.

Real wages were actually relatively stable. Inflation far oustripped most earnings.

My brother had to pay €7 in 2005 for a chicken roll and a newspaper in the DIT tuck shop.

Access to easy credit and high wages are not the same thing.

And if Pravda are good at one thing it is spinning figures to suit the Government agenda.
Fair point. And the DIT shop probably needed that €7 to cover their lunatic rent.

General Urko

I have never personally known a situation in Ireland, where somebody coming from a middle class background didn't at least ostensibly do well economically. The only things that get in the way of people like that are serious alcoholism and I mean serious alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling issues and personality types where they literally cannot relate to anyone!
BTW I'm like the vast majority of Irish People, working class!

APettigrew92

All the wealthy people, I know came from middle class or well off backgrounds, the only exception to that are SW scroungers coining it with families of 10 plus!
You have to hate large families.

Have you ever seen German demographics? A generation ago the Germans decided they wanted two cars and one child.

Now their tax base is being eroded and their population is aging at an unsustainable rate. They have labour shortages in Germany. The fertility per thousand is -4. That's with huge migrant populations.

Japan has a similar problem. The fact is that if 8 of those children of that "scrounger" family end up working, they'll contribute back to society in taxes tenfold what they take now.

It's the middle class that have had this country in a strangle hold for a century. They haven't lead it too well, you may have noticed.

Nobody on SW becomes a millionaire either, for the record.

General Urko

I remember a couple of years ago and it hasn't changed seeing ads on the window of a Dublin Recruitment Agency looking for customer service reps, where fluency in another language plus IIRC a 3rd level qualification were requirements and the wages were under €20 K, indeed around €18 K!
How can you live in Dublin on that shyte money?

Morgellons

I remember a couple of years ago and it hasn't changed seeing ads on the window of a Dublin Recruitment Agency looking for customer service reps, where fluency in another language plus IIRC a 3rd level qualification were requirements and the wages were under €20 K, indeed around €18 K!
How can you live in Dublin on that shyte money?
Such jobs were paying considerably more about ten years back, about 25k starting. If you're young and from the country where the language is spoken sharing a house with six others in Dublin might seem like an appealing adventure, and don't forget, there's always constant turnover.

General Urko

You have to hate large families.

Have you ever seen German demographics? A generation ago the Germans decided they wanted two cars and one child.

Now their tax base is being eroded and their population is aging at an unsustainable rate. They have labour shortages in Germany. The fertility per thousand is -4. That's with huge migrant populations.

Japan has a similar problem. The fact is that if 8 of those children of that "scrounger" family end up working, they'll contribute back to society in taxes tenfold what they take now.

It's the middle class that have had this country in a strangle hold for a century. They haven't lead it too well, you may have noticed.

Nobody on SW becomes a millionaire either, for the record.
I live in a council housing estate where our much cherished indigenous ethnic minority (it's open to all citizens to do this, but only they do it!) get hitched often to the first cousins at a young age. Go on to rapidly breed and down the road with 10 inbred sprogs, they are on the equivalent between dole and children's allowance of a single person working on about €95 K per year!
If one of the children is disabled as is quite likely with the level of inbreeding and hey even a beardy eejit psychologist giving a diagnosis of ADHD will do and then you are in a free electricity, free TV licence, carer's allownace (no dole checks!) and free travel for the mama and Papa!

General Urko

Such jobs were paying considerably more about ten years back, about 25k starting. If you're young and from the country where the language is spoken sharing a house with six others in Dublin might seem like an appealing adventure, and don't forget, there's always constant turnover.
Yeah constant turnover due to shyte pay and conditions!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies